Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rappy Hunter

Talking New player, tips etc on playing?

Uh. Basically started playing PSZ few days ago after a work mate suggested it. So far I LOVE IT. I honestly have no idea how ive never played any other phantasty star games.
    Anyways.
    Just been attempting online play. And was just seeing how many people actually play.
    So far. Not a single matchmaking success.

So yeah. Instead of waiting impatiently to find a match. Thought id find a decent forum and post something.

Oh and any tips etc on playing would be muchly appriciated

One tip I can give you is this:

Before even attempting to play online; clear the story first.

This way; you'll have access to Hard Difficulty when playing online; plus you'll have access to every area.

I'm New Also XD I'll Gladly Play With You :3

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    One tip I can give you is this:

Before even attempting to play online; clear the story first.

This way; you'll have access to Hard Difficulty when playing online; plus you'll have access to every area.
    It would even be better if you get your character to level 60 (when SH opens online). I've been in a PSZ group on PSO-World and I recall "SH only" attitude was pretty strong among a lot of players.
    Last edited by Atbar; Apr 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM.

send me a pm whenever you'd like to play, I have a character in every difficulty at the moment

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

Yeah, good luck with match-making. Even if there are people out there waiting to play, I don't trust the Big N to find em' for you. Nintendo still hasn't perfected their online service, even today. You'll find that the majority of the regular players all gather together here, not that there's many left. Unfortunately, I cannot count myself among them(DS is not compatible with router). Which is a real shame, because I just started a new character.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

It's good to see you again, Classica. Yeah, I retired for good from PSZ like around March of last year. Running a group for it when Windancer was out sick did contribute to that (I admit in retrospect, I was a somewhat of a shoddy leader with some of the stupid things I've done ) alongside the game finally got boring to me after like what? 1000 or 2000 hours? Up until last March, I played it off and on since I bought it off Amazon in December 2009. Sadly though, I haven't gotten into any other Phantasy Star games since Zero. That might change in the future.
    Last edited by Atbar; Apr 23, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atbar View Post
    It would even be better if you get your character to level 60 (when SH opens online). I've been in a PSZ group on PSO-World and I recall "SH only" attitude was pretty strong among a lot of players.
    I think that was a common misunderstanding with revival group! The charts made it seem like just having a character in SH meant that we only wanted to play SH.
    There are a lot of us who were just happy to play/goof around in ANY difficulty N,H,SH etc!

I'd team up with you whenever you'd like RirirNz! Maybe a few of us can get a game going!

You may also want to try dis: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197069
    WHAT'S IN THIS FORUM EASTER EGG?
    das chato
    Last edited by Gown; Apr 23, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

^You must be referring to Dr. Shanks's Revival 2 group. I think he's done a better job at integrating players of all levels. I was the leader of the first PSZ Revival group for the last three or so months it was around before it got deleted when Windancer was out sick. I recall people who weren't on SH didn't feel as welcome and left sooner. I also remember a member openly complained about how everyone had "SH only" attitude.

I think casual groups have a better chance at carrying on the flame.
    I'm still concerned that the japanese PSZ IRC group was never included here. God knows if they're still active. All those kids like me who were without wifi too
    Last edited by Gown; Apr 23, 2013 at 03:59 PM.