Default Updating on seperate users

Hey guys. I played PSO2 back when it was released and I just came back to play again. My brother also plays it on a separate windows user. He is able to play it on his user, but on mine I have to update the whole entire thing again to play. This happened originally and now. So I was wondering if there is some way to solve this or what?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterFebo View Post
    Hey guys. I played PSO2 back when it was released and I just came back to play again. My brother also plays it on a separate windows user. He is able to play it on his user, but on mine I have to update the whole entire thing again to play. This happened originally and now. So I was wondering if there is some way to solve this or what?
    Ok I've never dealt with multi-user features before, but I'm pretty certain that it is possible to put programs on the "computer" then have multiple users access the same program.

I can't remember off the top of my head right now...I would assume you would need administrator privileges to set it up.
    ...And I don't think it's the properties>security>priveleges...cause that effects one thing at a time.

Shared folders I think is what's needed...So you can share the physical game itself between users.
    But theres...another way...It's just not coming to me right now.

We are both administrators and I'm launching it from computer...so I don't know why it's doing it.

Edit: Woops forgot I went on my brother's workspace to play. So this is the same person.
    Last edited by PokeminMaster; Apr 28, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster
    Lucinova - Deuman - 75 Hu, 55 Fi, 75 Fo, 80 Te, 80 Bo, 75 Su, 80 He
    Aura - CAST - 75 Fo, 77 Te
    Sylvia - CAST - 75 Ra, 76 Br

On my rig, it dumped a lot of data into My Documents\SEGA. If that is doing it on yours as well, they would be in different locations based on who is logged in. Since it looks like there is a patch log in there, that might be why it is insisting on updating a second time even if unnecessary.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

I don't think the update crc data is located in the documents folder though. I think when you install programs you have to choose whether you want all users to have access or just the person installing it. Some programs may not offer this though.

I'm assuming whatever the case the game was installed twice. Once for you and once for your brother in which case they are two different folders. I'm not sure what else i can suggest though as I'm not an expert on windows. I assume you'd have to reinstall the game on a shared drive or at least reinstall it for all users if the option exists.

if you do have a shared drive you might be able to move the files over manually too depending on how reliant PSO2 is on your registry,

That's all i can really say though as I don't know THAT much about windows.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Files that might matter in the directory I mentioned:
    version.ver
    _version.ver
    version.precede.ver
    _patchlist.txt (has checksum data)
    _patchlist_old.txt (has checksum data)
    launcherlist.txt (has checksum data)

You might want to try copying them over and see if is still forces a patch. This does, of course, assume that you installed the game only once on the computer.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

Quote Originally Posted by BlakLanner View Post
    Files that might matter in the directory I mentioned:
    version.ver
    _version.ver
    version.precede.ver
    _patchlist.txt (has checksum data)
    _patchlist_old.txt (has checksum data)
    launcherlist.txt (has checksum data)

You might want to try copying them over and see if is still forces a patch. This does, of course, assume that you installed the game only once on the computer.
    Just tried this out, and it actually did work

Well that solves that
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!