Default Weird PSO2 Issue

Okay, so a couple days ago I was like "Hey, let's check out what's new with PSO2" and started updating it. Once the update finished, I tried starting the game like normal, but it wouldn't launch. I went to the task manager and "pso2.exe" was listed, but there was no way for me to bring up the game window and I tried right click -> end process to try again, but I couldn't end the process. Same thing with GameGuard. So I tried launching the game again anyway and I got a GameGuard redundancy error. (http://www.gameguard.co.kr/gameguard...ng/FAQ_115.htm)

Has anyone had this issue before? If so, what was your method for fixing it?

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

I did notice PSO2.exe running when the game was off earlier, but was about reboot my pc anyways, so no clue if it would have effected anything.

I had something like this happen with PSO2, too. I think you were unable to terminate the process because it already got terminated by itself (it says that you are not allowed to access it even if you are an admin when that happens).

I've "fixed" it by starting PSO2 again. If that's not an option, try file check. If that doesn't work, either, reboot your PC. And if that also doesn't help, you might need an advice from somebody who actually knows what he's talking about.

It's something that happens. PSO2 is not coded well, so it crashes without actually closing, and gameguard doesn't get the memo so protects it from the user.

Standard gameguard behavior. Reboot and do a filecheck, and hope that's all the problem was. It can happen entirely out of the blue, though, even with up to date and checked files. It's been happening since PSOBB, man.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It's something that happens. PSO2 is not coded well, so it crashes without actually closing, and gameguard doesn't get the memo so protects it from the user.

Standard gameguard behavior. Reboot and do a filecheck, and hope that's all the problem was. It can happen entirely out of the blue, though, even with up to date and checked files. It's been happening since PSOBB, man.
    'Kay, I'll do that. Hope that fixes the issue, as it's the only thing I haven't tried yet and I'm running out of ideas. If that doesn't work, then I guess I'm shit outta luck.

Appreciate the help, guys.

Edit: Fixed it! I noticed while messing around in the options that everything was still in English, even after the PSO2 update. Usually, everything goes back to Japanese, as it overwrites the files you had before, so I found that weird. Got the latest translation version and now everything's fine.
    Last edited by Porkmaster; May 8, 2013 at 07:14 PM.

Hmm. Been having an odd issue myself ever since I dl'd preceed and servers came back up.
    I did get a GG error a few times and eventually replaced it with a friends GG folder and the GG error stopped showing up.
    But anyway, another problem I've been having is that the moment I came into a lobby last night its like the game wasn't showing any vids on the vid screens and is... constantly downloading something? (which makes me lag) It ONLY happens when I pop into a lobby after i log in the game, and someone mentioned its just the preceed downloading in the background, but I downloaded that about an hour after servers went down and finished downloading it hours before they came back up. Oddly, if I log in while an EQ is happening this mysterious download isn't happening, but the moment the EQ ends it begins again, unless I'm in campship, then it wont start til I exit to lobby. When I close the game the game itself doesn't close and this dl continues to happen, and if I try to force game to close it says I'm denied and I'm forced to restart pc to close it and end this mysterious dl :/
    Last edited by lsen; May 8, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

About the lobby videos not playing, that happened to me too, to me that caused some framerate problems, and when exiting the game the executable wouldn't close unless I terminated it in the task manager.
    Somehow I managed to fix that, I sit in front of the big screen in the lobby for a while, and after several minutes (dunno, 5~10 minutes?), lobby videos started playing and I'm not having any more problems with exiting the game.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

When the lobby monitor videos need to be updated (this is checked upon entry to lobby), the game will initiate the download of lobby video files when you enter lobby. This causes al the lobby monitors to appear blank, and can cause extra stress on CPU and some lag.
    The thing with this is, you cannot update the lobby videos via file check, NOR can you stop the download without disconnecting the internet entirely. Also, pso2 will NOT CLOSE OR TERMINATE during this download.

I asked this same question a month or two ago and no one seemed to get the problem.

The first time I experienced this, I forced a shutdown on my CPU (Since it was stuck on "logging out") and for the next ~20 boots (incl. safe modes), repeated BSOD and other fails.

tl;dr - Blank lobby monitor when it shouldnt = Downloading lobby files = PSO2 won't terminate until it's done.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    When the lobby monitor videos need to be updated (this is checked upon entry to lobby), the game will initiate the download of lobby video files when you enter lobby. This causes al the lobby monitors to appear blank, and can cause extra stress on CPU and some lag.
    The thing with this is, you cannot update the lobby videos via file check, NOR can you stop the download without disconnecting the internet entirely. Also, pso2 will NOT CLOSE OR TERMINATE during this download.

I asked this same question a month or two ago and no one seemed to get the problem.

The first time I experienced this, I forced a shutdown on my CPU (Since it was stuck on "logging out") and for the next ~20 boots (incl. safe modes), repeated BSOD and other fails.

tl;dr - Blank lobby monitor when it shouldnt = Downloading lobby files = PSO2 won't terminate until it's done.
    Been having issues with that for quite a while on my sister's PC, I even re-installed her PC because I thought it was actually a problem with the PC...

Yesterday was the first time I noticed it happening in my PC though, I guess because I afk/semi-afk alot and it doesn't cause an heavy hit in the framerate for me, unlike my sister's PC which was having constant freezes until the lobby video finished downloading.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I don't get a framerate hit either, but I do get noticeable net lag (dam you ISP) and since I'm on a laptop, a much hotter system.

Which is why I just affix my crap and stuff while it downloads so I don't make it worse with all the action

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )