Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Advise

Default Need Advise

Hello everyone. Like the title says I need some advise. My son,wife and myself are going to be playing some pso for the gc and we would like to know which would be the best section IDs for our classes. The team will consist of 2x RAcast and 1x RAmarl personal choices. We will be mostly be doing offline and we want to try and get through all the game modes. I did do a bit of homework on the subject from what I can tell is that Purplenum is a good ID. Thanks in advance.

Purplenum is the best ID for Ranger characters since it drops a lot of rare Mechguns. Greenill and Viridia are also good for Rangers as you'll get a lot of rare Rifles and Shots.

Cool thank you. Had one more question since we are going to go Ranger would armor really be a big issue for us. If so would any of three IDS mentioned above drop any good armor and good upgrades for the armor?

See? I have The Knack! BERNIE_ORAN's Avatar

I'd go with at least a Purplenum (mechguns) and a Viridia (shots) for sure. Mechguns are great for DPS against bosses and tough enemies, while shots are good for clearing out rooms and hitting multiple hit boxes on bosses (shots are great against the cave boss, De Rol Le)

I couldn't really comment on the armor/shield - as I don't know much about them (I usually just roll with high level protection, unless I happen to come across a rare armor/shild, or I actually know of one I want to farm for). It can't hurt to use the best protection to your level though, as you're all going to take a few hits here and there. I've been using the Secret Gear shield (1/458 chance to drop on hard mines) for my most recent character who is now Lv.83, while the shield is a Lv.41 requirement to equip, which should speak for itself in that it's good if i'm still using it 42 levels later.

You'll want a Purplenum and Redria at the very least for most of the necessary equipment. With these two you will have access to Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, Baranz Parts, God Ability, God Battle, a good deal of cure units, D-Parts v1.01 for the androids, Aura Field / Brightness Circle / Luminous Field, Rico's Earrings for the female, and S-parts 2.01 for the androids. As for a third choice, I would say Whitill just so you have something super rare to hunt for which are Handguns: Guld and Milla (even though I think they are overrated) and another way of finding most of the items I already listed.

Did see the drop rates for those two weapons it is insane on how low the drop rate is. The mechgun looks to be the strongest in its class but how realistic is it to acquire both handguns for casual farming?

They aren't realistic, I simply suggested it as a long term thing simply to have something to do. You are pretty much set with Purplenum and Redria, but if you want a third option with more realistic drops I would say Oran or Yellowboze just to have alternative drops for what I already listed. Oran will have a much easier Aura Field drop and Yellowboze has a lot of variety in general.

Why has nobody mentioned the crown jewel of purplenum? What you REALLY want is the Yasminkov 9000!

Mechguns!

With rifle range!

That go dakka!

YOU CAN'T NOT NEED THIS.

Seriously though Yas 9k's are an important part of a ranger's armaments, the kind you carry with you on every mission.

Again been looking at the drops rates. And I guess I have decided to go with a Purplenum, Viridia, and an Oran.
    They seem like a solid build. And yeah one of the reasons for purplenum was because of that mechgun
    As soon as I read rifle range mechgun I was sold.
    Ultimately I would like for all three Rangers to have The Yas 9000, Spread Needle, Stand Still Shield an the Wave armor.
    Last edited by Troopers623; May 10, 2013 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers623 View Post
    Again been looking at the drops rates. And I guess I have decided to go with a Purplenum, Viridia, and an Oran.
    They seem like a solid build. And yeah one of the reasons for purplenum was because of that mechgun
    As soon as I read rifle range mechgun I was sold.
    Ultimately I would like for all three Rangers to have The Yas 9000, Spread Needle, Stand Still Shield an the Wave armor.
    For the time being while farming for the Yasminkov 9000M I suggest looking at the Weapon Shop for a Mechgun with good Hit% on it. Its good to use while searching for the rare mechs. Also GL with Stand Still Shield, if your trying to get 3 that may be difficult, As for Guard Wave I remember getting 5 in one day before so hopefully you have the same luck.