Question Force class questions

Hi. I Started playing force not too long ago and I have been really enjoying it (don't know why NO ONE plays force, I thought people LIKED the magic/supportive roles in mmorpg...)
    I decided to get more serious in building a force, so I sought advice and help online.
    Unfortunately My knowledge seeking turned up blanks and I'm back at square one again -_-
    Sorry if this may have been asked in some way or form already, Im just...tired of searching the internet for answers and not finding a single damn thing :P. Its better to just ask your questions yourself and get more solid, legitimate answers in a situation like this.
    I'm still a NOOB so Ima just use basic terminology instead of words like tech and photon and all that jazz...

1. What are the advantages and dis-advantages of the three skill trees (Fire, Ice, Lightning)

2. Is a pure Ice or pure Fire build possible or a good Idea? ( I really like Ice so I want to work on Ice skills more than fire and lightning)

3.What are Forces main stats that I need to worry about?

4.Are there Supportive and Offensive-type builds? Hybrid?

5.Which elements are more for support or more for offense?

6.What subclass(es) is recommended for force? does it really matter what subclass you use?

7. How do I find more ice skills to use, I want to experiment with ice, but I never get ice skills from the CDs that drop.

8. Weapon/Armor recommendations?

9. How do I build my mag for force? (I know very little about mags...i just feed it stuff)

10. Is there ANYTHING ELSE important or useful that I may need to know about force?

.....thats all i can think of right now any help would be appreciated

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

1. Fire side rules, ice is worthless, lightning is good.
    2. Don't put anything into ice, at all. Pure fire is one of the preferred builds along with a fire/lightning split.
    3. In order of importance T-Atk, T-Def, Dex.
    4. There is no real supportive style in PSO2 due to the speed of the game.
    5. See above.
    6. Techer or Fighter, yes it matters.
    7. You don't. Ice is worthless.
    8. cirnopedia.frostsabre.com and arkive.info
    9. A lot of T-Atk, some T-Def, no Dex or anything else.
    10. Guides section.

1. Fire is a very good tree and has abilities which will help you immensely no matter what technic you use. I'd argue that PP Charge Revival is the most important ability you can get as a caster. Ice tree is very sub par but that falls more on Barta techs having very little use (only one area has enemies which are exclusively weak to ice). Lightning tree is good. The -cost abilities are great for sustaining DPS, and Sazonde/Zonde are both very powerful.

2. They're both possible. If you absolutely want to be a pure Fire or pure Ice I'd say go pure Fire, but if you do not plan on buying an additional tree I would recommend going the standard Fire/Lightning. Check out this thread for more info: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010 This covers a pretty wide amount of damage increasing and utility abilities.

3. T-ATK, and to a much much lesser extent T-DEF and DEX (also known as ABL/Ability).

4. Supportive vs offensive vs hybrid is going to come down to your subclass. More on that in a second.

5. Not so much elements as individual technics. Your "support" technics are:

Resta - Heal
    Anti - Status effect cure
    Shifta - +Attack. Each "pulse" adds 15 seconds to the buff. Charging it will make it pulse 4 times and cover a larger area. Without Techer's "Extend Assist" ability the maximum duration of buffs is 1 minute.
    Deband - +Defense. Read above
    Megiverse - Point blank AoE that causes attacks to restore health. Can be useful in some situations but does not last terribly long.
    Zondeel - Point blank AoE that sucks enemies in to one point. Can then be "triggered" by any other lightning technic to do a few ticks of damage. Very useful, and when combined with the Techer ability "Territory Burst" (increases the range by 1.5x) it can help clear whole groups of enemies in seconds.

6. Techer if you want to be a "pure" caster. Force's trees are fire/ice/lightning, Techer's are wind/light/dark with plenty of utility options (increase buff durations, increase support tech size, increased PP regen, increased damage when using the element that the enemy is weak to). Fighter can make for some hard hitting technics but you trade in quite a bit of PP regen and may find yourself a bit starved on some bigger enemies/bosses. It also has the detriment of requiring you to level Hunter to 30, and then level another entirely new class on top of that. Sub class absolutely matters, but you can switch them at any time if you'd like.

7. You can buy technic disks up to level 10 on the player shop market. Otherwise just keep playing.

8. Whatever you can equip. Popular end-game Force armor is the Schlact set, and the end-game weapon is going to depend largely on what you can find. Use either a Lambda Garland or a Red Rod until you get a 10* (make sure you do Dark Falz every time he's up for a chance at the Elder Rod and the 0.000000000001% chance at a Psycho Wand). Talises cast faster but I personally dislike their gimmick. If you want to use talises, Lambda Visburn or Red Talis until you get a 10*.

9. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198250 You probably want a pure T-ATK mag. Putting points in to DEX or T-DEF isn't a terrible idea, but for the most part you want T-ATK.

10. Read the build thread before you decide what you want your tree to be. You only get to reset your skill tree if you pay money or SEGA makes a change (in which case they've handed out tickets to reset all skill trees). As nice as a pure Ice tree may sound I assure you that when you're fighting 80% enemies weak to Fire and/or Lightning you'll be kicking yourself in the head. My personal advice would be to not over-specialize unless you plan on buying an additional tree.
    Last edited by Umberger; May 14, 2013 at 09:52 PM.

1. You miss out on other elements by specializing but there's no real major pros/cons. However, Charge PP Revival is absolutely necessary. Ice is unfortunately terrible and only good for one area in the game that no one plays.

2. Pure Fire and Lightning are often switched around for maximum efficiency but you can get by fine doing a mix of both (mostly just picking up Tech Charge Advance and Tech JA Advance in them).

3. T-Atk, T-Def for units but that's about it.

4. Force itself has really no supportive skills. Techer is what you're looking for in that regard.

5. Not too sure what you mean here.

6. Fighter for better damage, Techer for better PP regen and support.

7. http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/
    Copy-paste the Japanese names into player shop searches.

8. When you acquire the money down the line, the dark angel wing set is currently the best one you can get for max PP purposes. For rods, once you reach Lv. 45 do AQs and buy one of the rods that can be converted into a pyroxene 10* (Bifroze being the cheapest one).

9. As much T-Atk as possible and maybe T-Def if you want to use certain units. Room items can decrease Dex.

EDIT: Well damn.

Force is pretty good, and there's a bunch out now. Not the highest damage output anymore, but they're versatile and efficient.

1. Fire is fast and strong, Lightning is cheap and strong, Ice is slow and weak and bad.

2. Pure Fire is really good except for one area, Caves, where enemies are resistant to fire. Pure Lighting is really good for all areas, but it lacks long distance AoE. You can do pretty well with a mix of the two if you only have one skill tree (extras cost real money)

3. T-Atk for damage (and healing), T-Def mainly to equip higher level gear (you'll likely get enough just from leveling up), PP for longer sustained casting, and enough HP to survive at least one hit from a boss before healing up.

4. Support is not very useful at all in this game. The range is really short, the buffs are very minimal, and it requires other players to sit around for the entire thing to apply. Plus most people just use 'mates to heal themselves and get right back into action. You can spec purely for offense and play a support role just as well as an actual support build, plus help out the party a LOT more by dealing damage yourself.

5. You can still use every tech, no matter which one is your "focus." Lightning does have Zondeel, though, which pulls in mobs to easily dispose of them. Shifta counts as a Fire tech, so you can make it charge faster just like every offensive Fire tech.

6. Techer boosts your T-Atk a bit more, and has a few damage boosts as well as support oriented skills. It's mainly for increased PP regen. Your other option would be Fighter (unlocked with a Hunter at lv30) which increases your damage much more than Techer, but doesn't have the extra utility skills.

7. Break boxes, defeat enemies from various areas, or buy them from the player shop at the visiphone. Some are unique to specific enemies or areas, but most of them are common drops from anywhere.

8. The stuff that gives you the best stats! Other than that, some goals you might want to work towards are the Luxe Soir (Black Wings) set which boosts your PP, or Schlacht (Snow Cat) set which boosts your HP and T-Atk (plus it provides a lot of Striking Defense).

9. Mostly T-Atk to equip better weapons sooner (or at all). Feed it tech weapons (rod/talis/wand) and Trimates (three dot consumable) to increase T-Atk and lower Dex (AKA Ability). If you're not a Newearl, you might need more T-Def than usual to equip tech units.

10. Always remember to charge your techs (hold down the key/button until it goes *ping*). The very best skill that you absolutely must have ASAP no questions asked is PP Charge Revival. If you don't have it, you are dumb and bad and a terrible caster. Also don't get Photon Flare, it sucks. Oh, and Freeze Ignite. It sucks, too.
    Last edited by UnLucky; May 14, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

I'm too late to the party and I'm a terrible Force, but here goes:

1. Ice tree isn't useful, as ice techs are lackluster and are only effective against enemies in one area, and Photon Flare is not a very good buff at all. Fire tree, however, has Charge PP Revival (a must have for any Force) and Charge Tech Advance skills that are very good. Lightning tree has Tech JA Advance, which is also nice. You have enough skill points to get all of those skills, so might as well.

2. It's possible, but by focusing on one element, you disregard the universal skills (Charge and JA ones), which are better overall, seeing how Forces can and should utilise their versatility.

3. As said before, T.Atk is the priority. You will also need either T.Def or Ability for units. Or disregard defense altogether, although it's not a very good idea, seeing how many end bosses can one-shot Forces with ease.

4. Hybrid requires subbing Techter for Shifta/Deband/Resta upgrades, but focusing on support is a bad idea. Dedicated support requires a lot of work, and the results are pretty insignificant even if you max out all of the support skills in the tree. You are better off doing damage and only helping party members if you are in a good mood.

5. All elements have decent techniques, and you can deal good damage with some of them even if you didn't put any points into that skill tree. Safoie, Zondeel and Zan are pretty good regardless of your choice of element, for example. And your element doesn't affect support techs almost at all. Shifta being affected by Flame S Charge (faster charging) is probably the only exception.

6. Fighter and Techter subclasses make a significant difference compared to, say, Ranger. Fighter makes your damage skyrocket, and Techter can augment your Wind, Light and Dark damage and improve all of your support techs.

7. Luck, and only luck. The only enemy that is known to certainly drop an Ice tech disk is rare snow panther (the tech is Sabarta, and it's pretty useless), and even then, you must get lucky for the disk to actually drop. Just look everywhere, and hope for the best.

8. Weapon: a strong rod. Elder Rod if you are lucky, one of the spellstone rods if you are either lucky or rich, or one of the 7~9☆ rods that hopefully got cheaper now otherwise. And if all else fails, go with Red Rod that are sold for 1050 meseta. As for units, use something that gives you striking defense at first, then go for either more striking defense or some nice set bonus (like Falz set, if you are feeling lucky).

9. Same as with suggested stats. Go with Monoceros if T.Attack and T.Defense are your only priority, consider Apus if you also want Ability, or just go with something that you think looks cute (funny how Force mags like Carina still look better than most, if not all of the AC mags)

10. Use Just Attack whenever you can, even if you didn't take the JA bonus from lightning tree (it's only a 10% bonus anyway). Recover PP with a gunslash, by jumping and shooting while you descend. Don't ignore an element just because you didn't spend points in it, or didn't sub Techter - Zan and Grants, for example, are still pretty good on their own. Don't always just lock on targets if you use keyboard and mouse - some techniques are better used in TPS mode, some enemies have weak spots that can't be locked on, and techs like Foie, Rafoie, Zonde and Ragrants can hit quite a few enemies if you just aim them correctly.
    Last edited by Sp-24; May 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Why did I even bother re-reading it?