Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Oh? Why's that? It shouldn't take too much memory or anything like that. It's as simple as it comes.

And thanks for the games. I'm about to spend a month without my computer, so some RPG maker stuff should be great. Especially if they have your writing.

How should I put this...? My phone is an old piece of junk. Yep, I think that about sums it up.

The game I sent you isn't too long. It'll probably take you 2-4 hours, depending on how thorough you want to be. I recommend being pretty thorough, since a lot of the humor comes from talking to random people and checking random things. At some point it's like, how many comments can I make about toilet paper in one game? xD

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Why don't you try downloading it anyway? It's really simple, no more than a few images. I can't imagine anything going wrong with it.

If it only works on phones, I can't play it. There are no "maybes" involved. Sorry to say, but you'll just have to take my word on that. Now if it works on PCs, I'd be more than happy to play it! If it doesn't work on PCs, you can always share some screenshots to give me the gist of it.

On a side note, over the years I've often fantasized about making an RPG Maker game based on my Legend of Aki fanfic. Maybe even a brand-new story arc featuring my characters. I could have cameos of Levia, Yoshi, Cocona, Sacrificial, and more! That's something I could totally do, the only problem is that I don't have time to write my fanfic AND make the game. If I make the game, that means no more fanfic. So unfortunately, I probably won't be doing that. But it's something I've thought about for a long time.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

I can output it into a .exe file. The only problem is that it's not designed to be played on PC, so it would look terrible visually and the controls wouldn't be nearly as fun. I can at least share this, the intro screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YP2Lczb8DM

An RPG maker of your story would be awesome! I'd certainly love to play it. But your story is awesome too.
    I think it might be faster to put out content if it's in your story. Artistically, I'd say you should only consider a game in order flesh out your world in ways that your current content can't. A written work might be better to tell a story since it's faster and better at conveying emotions and thoughts. A game would be better at making the reader understand what the world is like better though, by allowing them to see it with their own eyes. In that sense, maybe working on something yourself may not be worthwhile since we already have PSO2. But if you want to show something that might not be in the game, it might be worth doing.

I'd consider it only if you want to do something new.

So I messed around with Unity to get better at it, and figured I'd share what I did in a day just because I thought it was neat. I need to be a better artist if I'm going to continue messing around like this, but this was honestly pretty fun.
    It's just a little 2D swimming demo. Arrow keys move, spacebar shoots you in a direction based on what arrow key is pressed.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cj27l8h4whaukk2/swim.rar

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I tried your "Final Project" apk and I can verify it's not a virus

It seems like a pretty sound concept for a title if it was fleshed out and polished more, but regardless, good job on the coding and getting it to all work. I'll be heading down that mobile game development road myself some time soon once I get other classes out of the way.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Good luck with it, it's a load of fun. It's hard work, but you don't notice when you're enjoying it so much.

Yeah, I thought it was a neat concept from the beginning. If I knew there was something for me at the end, I would try to flesh it out. But unless I make a full RPG, I don't see that happening. Plus I'd need more art.

I added some fish to the scene to give it a bit more life: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cj27l8h4whaukk2/swim.rar

I drew a thing.

I've never drawn before, so,
    Advice! Criticism! Comments!