Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Why not keep both for different movement speeds?

for the running one: try to make the knee point more forward for the frame where leg A passes leg B (or add an extra frame).

for the floating one: tilt the body forward a bit, to give it more of a forward momentum feel. Keep the head straight up and it should be good

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

That's a pretty good idea. The only thing is that the way I have it set up, by the time she gains momentum, she's already in a "run" swim animation (which I'm stoked to start working on). So I'll see what makes sense.
    I have to say, I really like the not moving legs though.

When talking about the floating one, do you mean when moving, or when floating still? I'm asking because I'm not sure why you would say to give forward momentum when not moving.

For the running one, you're saying that because it's not immediately clear which leg is which, destroying the illusion of motion, right? I had so much trouble with that, so if you have any ideas to fix it I should jump on it. I can't figure out which frame you're talking about though. Frame 4?

I doubled the number of frames. That made it much more lifelike, and more like a proper animation. But, I don't know how to do wings. The hip fins gave me so much trouble. The last few frames just don't look right, and I'm not sure what to do about it.
    They looked fine last time, but the intermediate frames make it obvious I don't know how these are supposed to move.

Spoiler!

Hey an actual song update. This will play in Levia and Zorael's home, which the tutorial and mission select will take place.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon...he-endless-sea

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Hey an actual song update. This will play in Levia and Zorael's home, which the tutorial and mission select will take place.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon...he-endless-sea
    Nice job! You nailed the "tranquil sea palace" vibe--at least, I assume that's what you were going for. It has an SNES JRPG feel to it, like something out of Chrono Trigger. I'm not a musician so I can't offer a professional review. But I know what I like, and I liked that song.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Yep, that's it entirely. I wanted to hit quite a few different notes with it. Aquatic, a place of rest, a place of learning, a home to Levia and Zorael. The middle section uses a chord progression used in Levia's theme, while the last uses a chord progression I want to tie to Zorael. Harp and flute are what I use to signify water, while the glockenspiel (I love that name) adds notes of ice and mysticism.
    I wanted to have a memorable melody that the players would be humming after they're done with the game, but I'm not skilled in that area. Chords and structures I can do, but human touches are out of my league.

I actually started this song a long time ago, long before I started my previous piece. Probably a year or two ago. I was experimenting with different elements. I found that a 6/4 time signature had more of a fantasy element than the common 4/4, so I tried to find an arpeggio that would sound good with that time signature. Before long, I came up with what the harp plays in this piece. I tried at the time to come up with more to the song, but I just ended up repeating myself. Even improvising didn't give me anything neat. So it was quite a struggle coming up with a melody for this piece.
    The middle and ending sections were much easier to write because of the chord progressions. Chords moving means the melody has to move too, which makes it easier to come up with something interesting. But if the chords sit still, there's not really much I can do.

I felt some inspiration today. Thinking about stukasa's character, I remembered the time she was a military commander. I don't know if that's still the case since i haven't been keeping up with my reading, but I came up with a military march for her.
    This sounds like something she'd hate to have to hear during ceremony, but puts up with it to inspire her students.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon.../akis-march-10

I'm playing with an FFXIV, and composed something for one of them.
    He wears a pink pompadour. I found the style fitting.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon...pink-pimposity