Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm, erm, having some trouble. I'm about ready to upload another version of the songs. But, it's really freaking soft. Any attempt I make at increasing the sound just causes distortion. It seems like Finale just likes soft notes. Is there any way I can modify my starting midi to be not as freakishly soft?

Maybe you have DC offset. In that case the soundwaves of some or all instruments are off center. This will result in the magnets in speakers to either only pull or only push, with the result of low volume with a large chance to get distorting.

DC offsets can be fixed with the free tool 'Audacity'. Same goes for maximizing the loudness without any clipping.

Stupid Finale... You were right about the balance. I normalized all the tracks, and I was able to make the songs much louder. I'm not satisfied with the quality of sound, but I think this is as good as I can make it.
    Anyway, I did some more work on each song. I added a few tracks, found some new programs to make it sound nicer, and asked for some help from my parents. Turns out it's not that bad being the son of a composer and a musical doctor. This is what I have so far.

Here they are separate.

Last edited by Zorafim; Jun 21, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

A bio sure, a genre not so much. Would be a struggle between Western, Jazz and Classical. Going to pass on the piano lessons. My bro and I are already trying to prefect our Toccata and Fugue. Fun stuff.

Mixing Western and Jazz. Not too hard. Classical, a bit harder. I'll try to work in what I know. When you say classical, do you mean true classical? Or are you referring to romantic or baroque?

I have to say, I'm kind of excited about working on a western piece. How does western guitar, harmonica, and whistle sound for instruments?

While preferably baroque, I mean all of classical. So romantic, baroque and other works like Franz Benda and Alessandro Besozzi.

Sure, i'm down with those. I'll get the bio in eventually.

Baroque, I can do. The others, might take some work.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

I enjoyed your Levia music which had me feeling like a tidal wave of greatness hitted me then I made the mistake of going looking at your other videos and drowned in the wonderful selections of music.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5sn1v5v59s5bst5

Tell me what you think of this. If there's anything you don't like, or anything you want added, let me know. Once I have more of a grasp on what you're trying to give off, I'll be able to put more detail into the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    I enjoyed your Levia music which had me feeling like a tidal wave of greatness hitted me then I made the mistake of going looking at your other videos and drowned in the wonderful selections of music.
    Thank you for the compliments. It's a great motivation to know that people actually enjoy what I do.

Sounds pretty good, I like it. The only thing that concerns me is the trumpet after :44 but that may be because of it's speed or the abrupt stopping of the trumpet.

As for anything added, i'm not sure how to put it other than MML code. Its sloppy but it gives a general idea. I have a habit of pressing enter after every rest. Easier to modify areas of the songs.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jun 28, 2013 at 02:09 AM.