Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I planned heavily for the song I was going to use for Qoxolg's competition this month. Once I finally got back to my computer, I worked hard to get the sound I wanted, and experimented with different techniques. Eventually, I got into a rut, and couldn't think of any way to continue. So I gave up on that song, and used everything I learned to remix Downcast Eyes. The remixing took a few hours, and came out much better than my first piece. Here it is, for anyone to listen to.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/rd6y...imid_Guppy.mp3

Now, I just now learned that you can listen to an MP3 directly from mediafire. Is there a way to embed that to the PSOW page? If I can, I'd have no reason to upload to youtube. Which is great, because it's really time consuming to upload to youtube.
    Also, what do you guys think I should do? Keep the youtube videos up there, or switch to mediafire links? I'm asking, because the mediafire links are easier to update. So, while I'm unlikely to work on a song shared from youtube, I might update them if it's on mediafire. In fact, some songs on mediafire are already updated compared to the youtube version (Downcast Eyes especially).
    edit: Eh, I just did both. Choose your pick. Youtube's easier, Mediafire's more up to date.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Aug 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM.

I like it. Gives a good home/hometown feel. Instant adventure, just add ocean sounds.

Huh. You're right. Neat.

That means, I successfully remixed Levia's theme into a water theme, a battle theme, and a hometown theme. Those whole remixing thing is easier than I thought.

I renamed Playful Guppy to Timid Guppy. Because Levia is not playful. Not a huge difference, but a few choice notes are changed, and the download link is different. So it might have messed with some things.

Also, I uploaded the song I was working on before this one. You'll notice I pretty much stripped all the interesting things from that song, and put it in this new one. You'll also notice why I decided to scrap it and start over. Which, now that I think of it, is something I've done in every Qoxolg contest.
    I'll probably tweak a few notes or rhythms here or there before I enter it in this month's contest. I always seem to make small adjustments after formally uploading the song somewhere (which is why I prefer using mediafire to youtube). So I want to play with it before committing.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Aug 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM.

It's been a while since I've updated, so here's something I'm working on now. It's a commission from a friend of mine. I'm still only half done, but some update is better than nothing, I suppose.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/0t7h...attlefield.mp3

Q's jam got me excited, so I tried out some new soundfonts on Peripheral Gaze. I guess for fairness I need to use the genesis one, but I'm strangely drawn toward the NES one.

NES Peripheral Gaze
    Genesis Peripheral Gaze

Freakin' sweet, especially the NES one. You and Polly should do some amazing chiptune collab :O

Keep up the great work, I know I haven't really commented here yet but you're composing some really amazing stuff. I definitely get a dark, watery vibe from a lot of your recent stuff and I dig that atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Q's jam got me excited, so I tried out some new soundfonts on Peripheral Gaze. I guess for fairness I need to use the genesis one, but I'm strangely drawn toward the NES one.

NES Peripheral Gaze
    Genesis Peripheral Gaze
    The Genesis sound font is a lot closer to the genuine article than the NES one and I quite like it.

The sounds of the NES soundfont aren't quite right. Something with the low-end (can't tell if it's a triangle wave or not) and being a little too mid-rangey. Have you tried playing with trackers at all? FamiTracker is what I use to work with NES/Famicom accurate sounds and limitations, and it comes with the ability to use specialty sound chips certain publishers used back then like Konami's VRC-6.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

I stole a soundfont off some guy's site. That's literally all the work I've done.

I like the NES one. The melody isn't being overpowered in that version and has nice notes.