Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunner feedback

Default Gunner feedback

Im particularly new at PSO2, been playing for just about 3 weeks.

Im looking for some feedback on my gunner, here is my planned build http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...OcKlkI2bX00006

and here's a video of me doing a tunnel run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YayEh6Ikv6k

I was wondering if there was anything i could do to improve my gunner more.

You're just sticking with TMGs, correct?
    Could throw in some Infinity Fire in there. It's useful for advancing from one place to another and possibly getting ZRA damage.

I've noticed for the first Breada, you weren't hitting the weak point immediately. What you can do is lock-on to it and use the key for target switching to lock-on to the weak point. Depending on what else is in your current view, you may or may not lock-on to something else.

I'd like to see a boss thrown in there and enemies with weak points much more easier to hit with TMGs rather than the mechanical types. The heads of Spardans and Sparguns are easy to hit using a Launcher with Cluster Bullet. You have to slightly go out of your way to hit the heads of those 2 with TMGs.

One last thing, some parties do mind how you will use Elder Rebellion. It is fine to use it on enemies that won't be sent flying from the last 3 shots and bosses. You probably won't have to worry about that until AQs, though.

Here's a link of me doing vol dragon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B50VaVY6TzE

I tried using Infinity Fire, i dont know how to use it though. It seems so slow compared to Elder Rebellion.

Regarding Elder Rebellion, when using it with a party i should try as much as possible to omit the last 3 hits on enemies that launch?

And are there any uses for Messiah time or satellite aim?

Vol Dragon is one of those bosses that you should probably use ER and Satellite Aim(when it's stunned). He moves around too much for bullet squall to be effective and it doesn't hit its horn. Homing Emission Lv 11+ x 6 projectiles on the Assault Rifle ends up working much better, though. You get to keep weak bullets as well.

Infinity Fire pretty much requires you to play in third person most of the time and aim for heads or weakpoints. You can mash the PA action to fire more bullets, but you probably knew that since you were doing it for Bullet Squall.

It's pointless to not use the last 3 hits of Elder Rebellion. This is where Infinity Fire comes into play if you use TMGs for your average monsters. If there is a lone monster that you're sure you can kill, feel free to use ER.

Messiah Time is pretty useless at the moment. Satellite Aim is two fast powerful shots that are useful against bosses, especially if their weak point is exposed temporarily. Satellite Aim is faster in the air than on the ground.

Satellite Aim + Elder Rebellion are pretty much the boss killers for the TMG.
    Once you get Homing Emission to Lv 11+ for the Assault Rifle, you're going to want to be using that quite often against bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM5RTs80gKE This is an example of Satellite Aim usage. This was before the recent Gunner buff, so the numbers can easily be higher.

Tunnels is a terrible area for Gunner. Try another place where you can actually abuse weak points consistently.
    Last edited by Dinosaur; Jun 3, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

So regarding PA's

During bosses, the ones i should primarily use for damage is Satellite aim and Elder rebellion? where in Elder rebellion is used during most of the fight and satellite aim for when boss shows weak points and/or weak bullet/chain trigger is up?

And during trash mobs, Infinity Fire for most mobs. What about reverse tap? i found it's suction quite useful for mobs.

and where should i use bullet squall? is it not good for boss dps? or even mobs?

Elder Rebellion on bosses when they are mobile and Satellite Aim when they stay still for at least a few seconds.
    Yes, use Reverse Tap as well. You can follow it up with Satellite Aim or Bullet Squall.
    I do use Bullet Squall alone on groups of Predicada and Dicada since you can jump high enough to use BS and they won't be able to reach you. They'll just be walking under your bullets constantly at that point.

There are better alternatives for mob control; Cluster Bullet and Addition Bullet. Cluster Bullet is a Launcher PA and Addition Bullet is a Gunslash PA. I know you probably want TMGs only, but use them when you can.
    Last edited by Bellion; Jun 3, 2013 at 06:19 PM.

watching this video i now know why some people pretend JA doesnt exist.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Dead Approach > Reverse Tap > Satellite Aim. Try this out against your Vol Dragon. If you're good about it, you could kill it without ever touching the ground with this combo. Try this combo out against a Ragne. It might work you wonders.

Elder Rebellion is nice and all but here is what I noticed: You have issues with 3+ enemies being within Zero Range. I suggest a Reverse Tap for occasions like these. Elder Rebellion is a pet peeve of a lot of melee-types due to you already being in their targets' faces or knocking mobs up and away. Here is what you can do about this:
    1) Ignore his or her plea for stopping to use Elder Rebellion. That person is most likely a glory hog.
    2) Use other means to attack the enemy. Although Infinite Fire has no stopping power, it still hits the enemy without any knockbacks. It's perfect for ranged mobbing with a bitching melee-type in your party.

I know you're gonna slap me around a bit but GUs aren't all about their Mechguns. Use your other weapons as well. Rifles are effective with enemies outside of Zero Range and have Standing Snipe for most of their PAs and the sort, and if you can somehow get close to the enemy within Zero Range, your damage is heavily amplified. Use your Gunslash for anti-air mobbing. Trust me, it's going to save a lot of time.

In regards to your skill tree:
    RA:
    I think you should consider taking points off Killing Bonus and putting at least two more points onto Dive Roll Advance if you're considering to use your Rifle.

GU:
    Is it really necessary to put a point on Automate Deadline? If you're just putting it there just because and not really relying on it, I suggest you put that point onto Chain Trigger. That 10 sec difference can make/break a GU. Also... Umm... I noticed that you use Elder Rebellion a lot when the enemy is quite distant. Because of this, don't be putting too many points onto Zero Range Advance. I suggest removing five points off ZRA2 and putting them onto Chain Trigger (or 4 if you took the point off Automate Deadline). You'll be wanting to use Chain Trigger on as many targets as possible since you maxed Chain Finish.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

As it stands, I'd recommend DA -> ER -> IR. It's one of the best PA combos for fighting bosses with gunner and maximizing that ZRA bonus which you can then follow up with Infinite Fire point blank for a really good amount of damage.

As for an alternative PA set up I also tend to use Satellite Aim x3. This is a good combo for massacring bosses quickly with a WB + CT combo shot (I use it on Gwana's face as well as Rockbear). Not recommended for all situations but it does have some nice usage if you can get close without the need for ZRA and can fire them off quick.

As it was recommended above, points in CT would be nice for the lowered cooldown time but as it stands I rarely ever find I need to use CT more than once, especially if you have a full party that can shoot the chain number up fast. Personally, I don't even think I have Chain Finish either...

Anyway, I'd give those two combos a shot if you haven't already. I've come to realize they're the only two palettes I ever use aside from the occasional Bullet Squall (Someone I know particularly enjoys using it on Persona's head, lol). While others swear by it, I don't seem to find much practicality in Reverse Tap but it can function as a kind of mini-zondeel with it's pull-in. For bosses I'd advise against it's practicality but to each their own.

As for partying or killing mobs that can be pushed back or separated by the last 3 shots of Elder, I'd pick up a good gunslash with additional bullet or one of the all class launchers for helping on that front. Fortunately there are plenty of both to supplement TMGs (now if was only the other way around so I could play RA more >_>).
    Last edited by Moocast; Jun 22, 2013 at 06:06 PM.