Default Gunner/Fighter Build - Help Needed

This is the Male Cast Gunner/Fighter Build I am working on for my character at the moment (still a level 23 Ranger for now), but I've been compiling what I will want for this character. My only reservation is a more optimal mag build for a balance between Twin Machinegun and Twin Dagger offense. As you noticed, I plan to pump at least 60 into S-ATK while putting the rest into R-ATK, but I am considering lowering it.

Anyways, I need help in three areas: a better Fighter Skill Tree set up, a mag build, and a gear/PA set up for my character/weapons.

Here are the weapons/units I plan to utilize:

Yasminkov 9000M (Boss Killer PAs)
    Yasminkov 9000M (Mob Cleanup PAs)
    Nishiki
    Weiss Comet
    Zexia Bullet
    Gunbraver

Vardha Set

Idea Affixes:
    Fang Soul/Quartz Soul
    Stigma
    Ability III
    Shoot III/Power III

Some questions:

1) I am having some issues trying to get the Fighter skill tree right. Any recommendations? Or better yet, how would you fix the build?

2) What mag build do you recommend for Gunner/Fighter for a character that combines Twin Machineguns and Twin Daggers?

3) What PA Combo set ups do you recommend for Rifles, Machineguns, and Gunslashes for this build?

4) Is it possible to switch weapons in mid air during a combo? I was thinking of

PS: Removed the SP in critical and focused on buffing S-ATK and getting Chase Bind/Advance
    Last edited by LoinclothedJesus; Jun 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM.

To be honest, hybrid builds are kind of mediocre atm. Your melee damage is going to be less than half of that of a FI/HU, plus GU is a bit awkward without WB. Nothing is stopping you from using this build, but you might find yourself doing a lot less damage compared to others. It doesn't help that TD and TMG are both mediocre atm (well, TMG is nice on certain bosses).

I would max out Brave Stance Up, as well as get the Double Saber gear. Knuckle Gear is useful too for dashing.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b000009b000008

I'm not really sure where the remaining points in the chase build is supposed to go exactly, but I believe it is something like this. I'm also not sure if maxing Chain Finish is really worth it, since chaining has gotten harder with all the swift bosses (Chain Trigger still deserves a single point though).

I never thought I'd ever say this, but you might actually benefit from PP slayer considering your build is hybrid.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Ignore PP Player, it sucks no matter what.

No, don't get PP Slayer. It's 10 SP for like 5% of your damage when you're low on PP. Considering you have Attack PP Restorate, you will not get the most out of PP Slayer. And you obviously won't get the full effect of the HP Slayers either.

I suppose something like this will do.

Are you going Fi/Gu, or Gu/Fi? Either way your sub weapons will be pretty bad since the best all class mechs aren't even 8*, and daggers aren't great to begin with. You seem to really want 650 S-Atk for the 10* melee weapons, but trying to do that cuts into your ranged damage. Note that you only need Rare Mastery on your main, since it is ignored on your sub.

I would really not recommend a Gunner hybrid of all things. Subbing Hunter is stronger both ways, but you still don't get Weak Bullet.

yes get chase on GU main
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

It's the only thing that brings Fighter close to a Hunter's output, but if he's that stuck on daggers then I guess it doesn't matter.

Yes, it only boosts striking damage, but it's 40% compared to the 5% from maxing both stances (which you can nearly do even with Chase). He's a hybrid, not a pure Gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by LoinclothedJesus View Post
    Some questions:

1) I am having some issues trying to get the Fighter skill tree right. Any recommendations? Or better yet, how would you fix the build?

2) What mag build do you recommend for Gunner/Fighter for a character that combines Twin Machineguns and Twin Daggers?

3) What PA Combo set ups do you recommend for Rifles, Machineguns, and Gunslashes for this build?

4) Is it possible to switch weapons in mid air during a combo?
    1) I'd recommend on fixing up Showtime on the GU tree and focusing on Brave Stance. Showtime will gain aggro pretty fast if maxed, forcing your target to face you, thus where Brave Stance comes to play. Just know I kept this vague for your convenience.

2) It all goes down to which weapon-type you're going to focus on, and to be honest, it really comes down to using your main class. DEX will come in handy for most multi-class weapons, but who knows?

3)
    Rifles should just prioritize on far range with a type of quick-fix close-range PA. Your close-range options are Diffuse Shell and Glory Rain.

Mechguns are pretty much set to being your single-target close-range and boss-killing weapon sets. I recommend tinkering with one that'll kill a single target fast and another for killing bosses. There is a way to make your Mechguns end as an effective multi-target weapon, but I highly suggest that you focus on killing one target at a time since that is what Mechguns are best at. Also, ER spamming gets on every HU or FI's nerves along with a decrease in offense due to most likely being outside of ZRA range. Use smartly or to troll your fellow melee fanatics like your usual GUtard.

Gunslashes should just focus on multi-target purposes. You'll know what they are. Additional Bullet or Thrillplosion spam like most HUtards? Well, count me in. I'm guilty of that.

Daggers should just prioritize on approach and sustaining melee damage to both aerial and grounded combat. There are times when bullets just won't cut it.

D. Sabers should just focus on grounded combat. There are two options to this, really. This should be your single-target melee DPS or your multi-target control set. Spam that Deadly Archer like FItards or stay safe and use a radial PA that has lots of stopping power.

Knuckles... Unfortunately, I haven't messed around with this due to lack of weapon space and personal preference. You'll have to turn to someone else.

Overall, I suggest you mess around with figuring out which enemies should take bullets to the face or take the cut. What I can honestly admit is that machines tend to have more r-def, but there are some that have obvious weaknesses for r-atk. Also, these are how I played GUFI. I'm not saying you're limited to playing how I play. It worked wonders for me due to how I could adjust to the situation effectively, but I felt that I should try to fix in something a little more variable for GURA and GUHU too. After all, staying one class gets a bit boring for me.

4) It is... but the issue is this: is your computer fast enough? If you see people able to switch weapons in mid-air, they have a very high-end computer.

Word of advice though: be prepared for getting a lot of ridicule for being an awkward class. It's like making a FOGU. People would say "Go GURA, bud!" or go "Why not just go GUHU?" Sure, I use GURA and GUHU, but that doesn't mean I forgot about GUFI. There are times when people just gain aggro away from you even if you got Showtime, which is when I use GUHU. Butts are a problem for the build I had with GUFI. Then, there are times when people want their damned WB. So, I give it to them. It's all about being a team player for me. I don't know about you.

However, I'll admit this much: GUFI does have a lot of solo potential due to their ability to move in and out of attacks quickly, depending on the weapon you're using. Sure, it'll be awkward for a while, but when you get the hang of it, you'll notice the options you can use in the different situations before you. It's all about adjusting according to the mob in front of you. Also, you can use that awkward movement thing people do with Daggers. So, you can use that to get up in front and use Showtime to gain aggro from everything.

Last bit of advice: don't expect recognition. If you got some, great. If you don't, just wait for the next update to the classes and watch people whine. Play for fun as the game should be and go at your own pace. No one has any right to force you to do something, but it's ultimately your decision.
    Last edited by ARChan; Jun 8, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!