Page 572 of 576 FirstFirst ... 72472522562569570571572573574575 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 5755

That's the exact issue with it. A bossing only ranged weapon is kind of silly on a 2 weapon class that only has Kanran really for mobbing.

So you're saying a weapon that can barely boss, and has above average mobbing is better than a weapon that has average mobbing and absurd bossing. Ok.

Wait, do people think PF rifle isn't good and braver bow has absurd bossing?
    Interesting. Why exactly do you think this?

My point is being versatile is very important and the older classes greatly lack this. It's why PH is so dominant. In general, Bow in it's current state doesn't give BR anything Katana can't already do barring some niche uses(Which isn't good enough for a 2 weapon class imo) - giving it a GOOD ranged mobbing option would open up a lot of options to the class and make it more enjoyable to play.
    Last edited by Kozumi; Apr 3, 2020 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    So you're saying a weapon that can barely boss, and has above average mobbing is better than a weapon that has average mobbing and absurd bossing. Ok.
    bow has average mobbing kek

Could someone properly sum up the katana gear changes? I just decided to dust off Br to get class cubes from mask boi, and... what the hell is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Could someone properly sum up the katana gear changes? I just decided to dust off Br to get class cubes from mask boi, and... what the hell is this?
    base power/utility with katana is now equivalent to power/utility upon gear release (you get the extra PP recovery, crit from combination and extra % damage, only the stat increase doesn't apply afaik), increases as you fill gear, and release gear gives an additional bonus on top. To balance it out, now gear builds MUCH slower, and whenever you release, you can't build gear during that state. Basically, now you have to use more of the gear building PAs like Hatou when possible, and be careful with the counters you pick since your release needs to be worth rebuilding gear from scratch. I don't remember the exact numbers per gear level but someone else will prolly chime in and add to this/correct anything I said

It's certainly odd and while I think the idea of it is nice, I wish they made gear release not tied to counter, or at least give us control out of it (like say doing counter doesn't release gear unless you hold the WA button post counter or something). Takes some time getting used to but it's still a overall net gain regardless of the clunkiness it brings

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    you will deal about 7-12% more damage without gear than before with gear. gear to gear is 27% more damage.

Well that's nice, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    It's certainly odd and while I think the idea of it is nice, I wish they made gear release not tied to counter, or at least give us control out of it (like say doing counter doesn't release gear unless you hold the WA button post counter or something)
    Yeah that is rather stupid.

Wow, the irony when a stage 2 charge kazan Nadeshiko does about the same damage as a full count kc finish.
    Also, getting gear is a chore now >_<
    Before the update Kazami still had some merit because it meant always having gear when gear could run out on other katanas relatively easily (tbh doesn't feel like that big a change to me) but now Kazami's potential makes it worthless because gear accumulation is only slightly faster than for other katanas and once activated you run out of gear not much slower than with other katanas.

Even with PH sub I can only get 1 release every other KC. It's kind of awkward.