Page 570 of 570 FirstFirst ... 70470520560567568569570
Results 5,691 to 5,699 of 5699
  1. #5691

    Default

    No, it's a bastard child of the two that's not remotely as convenient as Kazami. Kazami means you get gear within the first few seconds of the quest (or even before the teleporter is done) and then maintain it easily until the end of the quest, or until you switch to anything other than bow.

    This s5 requires counters and in an mpa you cannot rely on frequently being attacked so it's more convenient than normal katana mechanics but not by much and you still run out of gear rapidly compared to almost 100% gear upkeep with Kazami.

  2. #5692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    No, it's a bastard child of the two that's not remotely as convenient as Kazami. Kazami means you get gear within the first few seconds of the quest (or even before the teleporter is done) and then maintain it easily until the end of the quest, or until you switch to anything other than bow.

    This s5 requires counters and in an mpa you cannot rely on frequently being attacked so it's more convenient than normal katana mechanics but not by much and you still run out of gear rapidly compared to almost 100% gear upkeep with Kazami.
    Yes, but Reilent said the S4, ie. the one you get from the Atlas Katana (that you can also put on the Liberte for its S4 slot) is partially based on Kazami (as is one of the S6 abilities from the Armada Medal Shop, but for the other half of the potential), so why would they make the S5 also be based on Kazami.

    If you have the S4, S5, and S6, you can get your Gear up with a Guard from the S6, maintain it with the S4, and get a bonus to Counters (including releasing it with the L/ Katana Guard Ring) with the S5.
    Last edited by Anduril; Dec 31, 2019 at 07:52 PM.


  3. #5693

    Default

    Oh true, I forgot about Atlas.
    Tbh I don't like the s5 much because I hate waiting for attacks to counter in an mpa and I don't play anything challenging solo on br (or well, in general) but I guess adding the Atlas s4 will give it very good gear management close enough to Kazami and not almost the same as switching from Kazami 2nd pot to Atlas Ex.

    Still, was expecting the s5 to be close to Kazami since the other s5 are mostly crest weapon potentials as well, though not sure if the % are the same so I'm disappointed.

    Not a fan of Katana counter with the directional limitations and all.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Jan 2, 2020 at 10:20 AM.

  4. #5694
    フォーエバーブレイバー milranduil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    probably wopal TA
    Posts
    4,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Oh true, I forgot about Atlas.
    Tbh I don't like the s5 much because I hate waiting for attacks to counter in an mpa and I don't play anything challenging solo on br (or well, in general) but I guess adding the Atlas s4 will give it very good gear management close enough to Kazami and not almost the same as switching from Kazami 2nd pot to Atlas Ex.

    Still, was expecting the s5 to be close to Kazami since the other s5 are mostly crest weapon potentials as well, though not sure if the % are the same so I'm disappointed.

    Not a fan of Katana counter with the directional limitations and all.
    as shitty as not having all guard is still in 2020, the s5 is as good as its gonna get for katana. it is very, very good. if you're losing gear between mob spawns, consider using asagiri with kazami instead of your actual weapon (i know i've said this in the past).

  5. #5695

    Default

    would leveling Et to sub with braver be worth it to use over Hu sub? im really torn on it to be honest

  6. #5696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arakasa View Post
    would leveling Et to sub with braver be worth it to use over Hu sub? im really torn on it to be honest
    Damage-wise, ET has a higher multiplier than HU assuming you keep Tech Arts up (~176% v ~179% Striking, ~161% v ~172% Ranged), so it is a slight step up in that regard.
    Defense-wise, I think the only thing you are really losing from HU is Heal Guard and Automate since Damage Balancer+Etoile Boost+Standing Massive should more than make up for Massive Hunter and any Flash Guards (and maybe even the need for Iron Will), so it's really just you needing to pop a Mate instead of relying on auto-heals.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 20, 2020 at 12:56 PM.


  7. #5697

    Default

    ah thats quite a bit more ranged damage,which is good since i tend to swap between bow and katana.guess ill slog through leveling Et yet again

  8. #5698
    フォーエバーブレイバー milranduil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    probably wopal TA
    Posts
    4,750

    Default

    BrEt is considerably weaker for katana since only 1 DPS rotation can use Tech Arts correctly. mobbing and hatou spam are both completely garbage on Et sub. BrEt bow is fine. if you're using both weapons, i'd recommend using hu or ph sub rather than et.

  9. #5699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    BrEt is considerably weaker for katana since only 1 DPS rotation can use Tech Arts correctly. mobbing and hatou spam are both completely garbage on Et sub. BrEt bow is fine. if you're using both weapons, i'd recommend using hu or ph sub rather than et.
    i dont see how Et sub would impact mobbing with katana or hatou spam,which i honestly forgot was a thing with how little ive used it in recent years.
    i tend to use both weapons as braver which is what made me consider Et since it gives better ranged damage boosts in exchange for only a teeny bit less strike damage,while still giving defensive benefits,which is why i subbed Hu instead of Ph for braver.
    using Ph sub would probably be ideal but i like to have that safety net of defensive skills whenever possible

Similar Threads

  1. Guide I am doing a overview of everything in the game, and the Braver class it's the first
    By AdowTatep in forum PSO2: Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2014, 03:49 PM
  2. PSO2 Returning player looking for Braver class information.
    By deusalkaiser in forum PSO2: Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2013, 09:39 PM
  3. Braver Class Skills
    By SakuraJL in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Dec 2, 2013, 07:52 AM
  4. Questions on Braver Class
    By kyoshire in forum PSO2: Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 24, 2013, 11:53 PM
  5. JP PSO2 If you could create a new weapon for Braver class what would it be...?
    By ChronoTrigga in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Aug 9, 2013, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •