Page 535 of 576 FirstFirst ... 35435485525532533534535536537538545 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Bullet bow homing is alright. For Right ring, I'd go for either of these
    -Massive Hunter to tank during banish sequences
    -PP Convert for sustaining you're banish sequences more easily
    -Perfect Keeper : Shoot (or whatev the translation for this one is) for extra damage.
    Thanks for the tip, Zephyrion! Thankfully, I already have Lv.20 R/ Massive Hunter, after extensively playing my TE/BR. I'll use it in the meantime, and work toward R/ PP Convert, since that would potentially be more helpful than getting additional damage.

Quote Originally Posted by E.S. View Post
    Oh boy, 5500 Excubes. Might consider that or maybe delevel half of the dex

As for the skill tree I assume it's fine? Considering I use katana for mobbing and perhaps bow for bossing once I get a decent 13* bow (currently own a Gix for katana from Deadleon in XH choco)
    Honestly, at that point, I would just buy a new Mag for 300 AC, and trade Photon Spheres for Food Device/ SATK Mini (or RATK Mini; whatever weapon you favor more). That way, you won't have to waste your time, saving up 5,500 EXCubes so you can decrease your DEX on the Mag.

With the Food Device method, you can keep feeding it without your Mag ever getting full! It's fast, convenient, and pretty cool, if you ask me (although, a bit expensive, if you buy those Photon Spheres in bulk).
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Feb 4, 2017 at 09:23 AM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Anyone have the video on how the 14* katana behaves with the katana gear release ring?

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Zephyrion! Thankfully, I already have Lv.20 R/ Massive Hunter, after extensively playing my TE/BR. I'll use it in the meantime, and work toward R/ PP Convert, since that would potentially be more helpful than getting additional damage.

Honestly, at that point, I would just buy a new Mag for 300 AC, and trade Photon Spheres for Food Device/ SATK Mini (or RATK Mini; whatever weapon you favor more). That way, you won't have to waste your time, saving up 5,500 EXCubes so you can decrease your DEX on the Mag.

With the Food Device method, you can keep feeding it without your Mag ever getting full! It's fast, convenient, and pretty cool, if you ask me (although, a bit expensive, if you buy those Photon Spheres in bulk).
    Cheaper option would be to sphere all 10*s you get from EQs.

Seeing quite a few random bravers around using the critical strike ring recently. If there something about it's function that's numerically better than perfect keeper I'm not aware of?

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Seeing quite a few random bravers around using the critical strike ring recently. If there something about it's function that's numerically better than perfect keeper I'm not aware of?
    Probably just easier to upkeep due to katana gear and spare points on braver tree for crit.

To add to what Dephinix said, I surmising that, for some reason or other, they decided to opt for a pure Katana build (no Bow), and consequently, had loads of SPs to spare. They must've reckoned the act of putting the remaining SPs into Average Stance Critical to be worthwhile and justified, and concordantly, may have also put SPs into Fury Critical on the Hu side. Moreover, after a successful Just Guard/Parry, the blue aura greatly increases critical hit rate. Thus, their rationale for equipping the Critical Strike Ring.

But of course, as we know, the optimal way of playing BrHu is using both Katana and Bow.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Feb 12, 2017 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    To add to what Dephinix said, I surmising that, for some reason or other, they decided to opt for a pure Katana build (no Bow), and consequently, had loads of SPs to spare. They must've reckoned the act of putting the remaining SPs into Average Stance Critical to be worthwhile and justified, and concordantly, may have also put SPs into Fury Critical on the Hu side. Moreover, after a successful Just Guard/Parry, the blue aura greatly increases critical hit rate. Thus, their rationale for equipping the Critical Strike Ring.

But of course, as we know, the optimal way of playing BrHu is using both Katana and Bow.
    That's not completely true : actually just Fury critical on the HU side coupled with gear activation gives you 100% critical already, so adding stance critical for BR is useless. so yeah with gear you get unconditional +5% compared to Perfect Keeper's 3%
    To add to that, with this setup bow ALSO benefits from it, since Kami is considered strike, and you still have a 50% crit rate with this ring, which coupled with the variance reduction, gives you roughly the same bonus. The thing is, you tend to tank a lot of bad hits during Banikami, which can make it hard to sustain Perfect Keeper at all times even with automate (we've all been there getting at 55% life so that automate doesn't trigger, but you still lose Perfect Keeper), where C-strike will give you a reliable damage boost.

So yeah if you can spare the points for fury crit, you can run Hybrid BR/HU with this ring and see for yourself !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Feb 12, 2017 at 06:03 AM.

Other than Anga, I haven't missed my bow much either after Milranduil's post. Just 5 points in avg stance is all you need, 85% with gear and crit strike ring. I hate the need to tank while using bow personally, and it's numbers are nice on bosses, but I hardly find it optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    That's not completely true : actually just Fury critical on the HU side coupled with gear activation gives you 100% critical already, so adding stance critical for BR is useless. so yeah with gear you get unconditional +5% compared to Perfect Keeper's 3%
    To add to that, with this setup bow ALSO benefits from it, since Kami is considered strike, and you still have a 50% crit rate with this ring, which coupled with the variance reduction, gives you roughly the same bonus. The thing is, you tend to tank a lot of bad hits during Banikami, which can make it hard to sustain Perfect Keeper at all times even with automate (we've all been there getting at 55% life so that automate doesn't trigger, but you still lose Perfect Keeper), where C-strike will give you a reliable damage boost.

So yeah if you can spare the points for fury crit, you can run Hybrid BR/HU with this ring and see for yourself !
    Well of course, with Katana Gear Activation, you get an additional +50% Critical Rate, thus you only need either Fury Critical OR Avg. Stance Critical (but not both) in conjunction with Critical Strike Ring for 100% Crit rate:

5% (Base Crit) + 50% (Katana Gear Crit) + 25% (Fury Crit. OR Avg. Stance Crit) + 20% (Critical Strike Ring) = 100% Crit Rate

However, and this is the main point, in times when Katana Gear is NOT activated, and if you get both Avg. Stance Critical AND Fury Critical you have:

5% (Base Crit) + 25% (Avg. Stance Crit) + 25% (Fury Critical) +20% (Critical Strike Ring) = 75% Crit Rate (Katana Gear not Activated).

However, in reality though, I suspect that if they're using the Critical Strike Ring, they'd probably opt for getting Avg. Stance Critical only and not Fury Critical as to put SPs into Automate and something else (although if they want they can put points into both Automate and Fury Critical). So they probably just run:

5% (Base Crit) +25% (Avg. Stance Crit) + 20% (Critical Strike Ring) = 50% Crit Rate (or 100% with Katana Gear Activated).

Or something like that.

Hell, some people might even use the Crit Ring without knowing why, or just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Feb 12, 2017 at 06:56 AM.

Maybe they're cheap hand-me-downs from player shop from players who got disillusioned with crit ring and went with PK?