Page 536 of 576 FirstFirst ... 36436486526533534535536537538539546 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    so yeah with gear you get unconditional +5% compared to Perfect Keeper's 3%
    I assume 2% of that 5% is from eliminating the damage variance.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Maybe they're cheap hand-me-downs from player shop from players who got disillusioned with crit ring and went with PK?
    Heh

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I think Zephyrion is incorrect about getting an "unconditional +5% compared to Perfect Keeper's 3%" when Crit Rate is 100%, since at +20, Critical Strike Ring boosts Critical Damage by only 3% (which is clearly stated on swiki as: クリティカル威力: 103%, and which is the same for a +20 Perfect Keeper Striking Ring which is also a 3%).

The main thing I would imagine why a person would rather use a Critical Striking Ring instead of a Perfect Keeper Striking Ring on BrHu is because, as you said, of the damage variance thing.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Feb 12, 2017 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    I think Zephyrion is incorrect about getting an "unconditional +5% compared to Perfect Keeper's 3%" when Crit Rate is 100%, since at +20, Critical Strike Ring boosts Critical Damage by only 3% (which is clearly stated on swiki as: クリティカル威力: 103%, and which is the same for a +20 Perfect Keeper Striking Ring which is also a 3%).

The main thing I would imagine why a person would rather use a Critical Striking Ring instead of a Perfect Keeper Striking Ring on BrHu is because, as you said, of the damage variance thing.
    as it was said above 5% is a really rough estimate of what you get by eliminating variance from weapon with crit bonus added, provided you didn't take any crit skills if you went for Keeper ring. In any case the difference between that and Keeper + raw stats on HU tree amounts roughly to the same end result, with Keeper being very slighty weaker, but raw stats being generally easier to use with other main classes vs crit being a bit more specialized, but fully unconditional. You can rock either of them at the end of the day
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Feb 12, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

Alright, allow me to analyze/verify some things: Critical Strike Ring vs. Perfect Keeper Ring

TL;DR:

With Katana Gear Active, using the Critical Strike Ring is marginally stronger than using the Perfect Keeper Ring.

With no Katana Gear, using the Perfect Keeper Ring is stronger than using the Critical Strike Ring.

I’m not going to write a treatise on this thing, so this is all I’m going to write on this subject.

Spoiler!

Edit:

I made a very minor change in Case 2; changed from +49 S-Atk to +50 S-Atk because I derped on assigning SPs in Hu Skill Tree.

Nevertheless, the results are invariably the same.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Feb 13, 2017 at 02:37 AM.

I forgot; on the dps chart for katana PAs, that >2000 dps for gekka is achieved from... jump canceling and no JA?

Looking for some help fixing my katana braver main class(came back into pso2 after long time and got 4 free skill resets)
    I love counter attacks for katana braver and its one of the reasons i picked it in the beginning.
    so what is the "meta" braver/hunter build for katana anyways?

So far i have this:
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

my questions:

1)whats the final word on critical strike? specially combination of braver+hunter 25% critical chance i am still completely confused and everyone seem to be clueless or guessing on critical strike when i was playing before.
    -is maxed out strike 1 for +50atp better than the critical for average stance? ( i also use braver for summoner sub )

2)hunter tree dilemma:
    -automate half life/massive hunter/ironwill+Never give up:
    which one of these is recommended? and how should i go about it while leveling? isn't automate half life+quick mate+healing guard a good way to have survivability? is massive hunter really needed or can i just go with iron will stuff for more inmortality and +300 atp? this is what im most confused with.

3)some builds i watched have S-up in hunter tree maxed out instead but is atp+160 really worth all that point invested when you could put it on to utility stuff instead?

4)what about rings i see one that enhances mates as well for combination, what about the auto counter ring why is this one considered bad by some i spoke to in game?

any info appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by deusalkaiser View Post
    any info appreciated.
    1. See previous 3-4 pages of this thread since there's a discussion on crit strike.
    2. Massive Hunter is a must get, Automate is optional, Iron will + NGU are a waste of points tbh considering iron will (and by extension, NGU) procs are very RNG dependent
    3. Not really that much else to put those points in plus in general braver class has relatively low satk and not enough multipliers to compensate for the low satk
    4. Katana Counter ring is bad cuz competent bravers need to learn to counter. For rings best bet is Perfect Keeper Striking for right, left personally went with step jump since I have an orbit katana i use to recover pp while in active gear
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

I feel like I asked this before, but SEGA coded the charge parry skill for hunters to properly work for only swords, wired lances, and partizans, and no other weapons at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I feel like I asked this before, but SEGA coded the charge parry skill for hunters to properly work for only swords, wired lances, and partizans, and no other weapons at all?
    That's a big 10-4, good buddy as the skill itself specifies Hunter Weapons as one of its conditions.
    More specifcally, it just works with the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by pso2.swiki via Google Translate
    The PA which can receive the benefit of charge padling is as follows. Approximate time required for charging is shown in parentheses. If you are trying to target guards, even Lv. 1 swinging is sufficient, but if you want to prevent shots during charge, decide Lv with reference to the charge time of the PA you use.
    • Sword: Rising edge (0.7 seconds), Nova strike (0.7 seconds), Ride slasher (0.8 seconds), Guilty break (0.4 seconds)
    • Wired lance: none
    • Partizan: Slide end (0.5 seconds), Assault buster (0.5 seconds), Volgurap (1.0 second)
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 27, 2017 at 02:33 AM.

Need a little advice on using Katana for EFM, it's been nothing but GT and Hatou on Hands and SE on the wp, what else can I be using for better dps (outside bow because i dont have one grinded currently)? specifically higher dmg/dps on her weakpoint
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Mar 1, 2017 at 11:42 PM.