Page 545 of 576 FirstFirst ... 45445495535542543544545546547548555 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by Tigy View Post

Just fyi it's 3.6k without katana gear, 3.4k with only LB.
    So yeah katana gear add like 500.
    pls note I could be wrong in this one : it seems like katana gear is percentage bonus counted from your current total satk, the higher your attack is the crazier katana gear get.
    50 S-Atk on BR skill tree, i'm missing Techer(15 S-Atk) class boost. 125 on Gix +32 Katana, 60 set bonus, 120 on units.

With Katana gear

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    50 S-Atk on BR skill tree, i'm missing Techer(15 S-Atk) class boost. 125 on Gix +32 Katana, 60 set bonus, 120 on units.

With Katana gear
    you forgot something... I don't even use team boost and shifta drink
    This is with team boost and no drink, see the indication above character name (beside level).
    Last edited by Tigy; Sep 11, 2017 at 01:19 AM.

Not only is Kanran-kikyou getting reduced PP consumption and increased attack range -- but it's also getting increased power as well!

Will this buff be on-par to the ridiculous PSO2 SEA's Samurai-- err, I mean -- Braver class? Well, I suppose we'll just have to find out tomorrow morning at 4 a.m. EDT, right?

Edit: In addition to that, SEGA is also reducing the PP cost for Asagiri-rendan too?! Ah man, they're being too generous to their dedicated (Katana) Braver fanbase!

Now, if only Hien-tsubaki got a worthy buff, so I can include within my weapon palette...
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Sep 26, 2017 at 04:59 PM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Generous? More like owed, and overdue. Still waiting for some depth to Br. The class has been mostly stagnant since EP3.

Chuckle* I say "generous," because SEGA doesn't like to address the elephant in the room, until the mess becomes so apparent that casual players begin to notice it.

In all seriousness, I do wholeheartedly agree with you, because it literally took a couple of years for select PAs to be viable (glaring at you, Asagiri-rendan).

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    The class has been mostly stagnant since EP3.
    Really?! I suppose everyone's mileage may vary, depending on how reliant they are with Guren-tessen.

Don't get me wrong, Guren is killing three birds with one stone (with mobility, high damage, and PP efficiency). However, that PA alone makes their whole arsenal of Katana PAs look redundant, so I personally refuse to solely use Guren for everything.

Then again, back when SEGA introduced Shunka-shunran, I took a very long hiatus from the Braver class; so now, everything feels relatively fresh to me.

If SEGA didn't nerf Banish Arrow to the ground (R.I.P. TE/BR - 07/26/17), I probably would of never revisited Bravers, because of the sheer dominance of Guren-tessen.
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Sep 26, 2017 at 08:58 PM.

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post

Really?! I suppose everyone's mileage may vary, depending on how reliant they are with Guren-tessen.

Don't get me wrong, Guren is killing three birds with one stone (with mobility, high damage, and PP efficiency). However, that PA alone makes their whole arsenal of Katana PAs look redundant, so I personally refuse to solely use Guren for everything.
    EP3 kuron was when we got guren, and katana gameplay really hasn't changed for a long time. The biggest change to katana gameplay since Guren was Sakura-0 providing another hatou-rindou teir dps alternative that doesn't involve extra movement, or weird hitboxes earlier this year almost at the end of EP4.

Also, people can't help it if they were 'reliant' on guren tessen. Like you said, it was either the best/2nd best PA in katana arsenal for every practical category, so often times the most efficient, and effective way to play was literally to spam guren til you're out of PP -> get back PP -> spam moar guren.

But yeah, those two points put together is why I called it stagnant; for years, the answer for too many things was just 'guren harder'

My hopes aren't too high for the Br buffs mostly because I'm anticipating there will just be another 'spam to win' PA, and not enough depth to the weapon, unlike Hr's sword PAs, each with a defined niche that another PA doesn't encroach into, and even normal attacks/weapon actions at certain points being optimal for damage. Speaking of weapon actions, it's still one hell of an embarrasment that Hr's sword weapon action can hit a single target as hard, or even harder than a built-up combat finish, while being easier to time against big bosses like Deus.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Sep 26, 2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    My hopes aren't too high for the Br buffs mostly because I'm anticipating there will just be another 'spam to win' PA, and not enough depth to the weapon, unlike Hr's sword PAs, each with a defined niche that another PA doesn't encroach into, and even normal attacks/weapon actions at certain points being optimal for damage. Speaking of weapon actions, it's still one hell of an embarrasment that Hr's sword weapon action can hit a single target as hard, or even harder than a built-up combat finish, while being easier to time against big bosses like Deus.
    Literally, reading this passage just reminded me on why I gave up on Bravers, back in late-EP II.

Aside from the "spam-to-win" PA gameplay, I personally believe the biggest obstacle that's hurting the class, overall, is that most of their PAs lack synergy or effectiveness during many situations.

Let's take Gunners for an instance... I can demolish a crowd, if not, waves of enemies by combo-ing: Dead Approach -> Reverse Tap -> Shift Period -> Heel Stab -> Elder Rebellion -> Aerial Shooting (in whichever order, because of the 3-Button Setup). Now, with Bravers, in order for me to keep with Gunners, I need to spam the "holy grail" Guren-tessen -- which is not always efficient, when enemies are semi-scattered. If I were to rely on Kanran-kikyou, then my PP would deplete fast, and then, I would fall behind Gunners after that.

Gunners, along with many other classes, arsenal of PAs flows like water coming out from the faucet; unfortunately, the same can't be said for Bravers, with their brain-dead gameplay. Just thinking about this class made me reminisce about Braver's questionable bossing history (PP costly Tsukimi -> Gekka loop; TPS-mode with Hatou-rindou; jump-cancel Attack -> Gekka loop etc.), before Sakura-endo [Type 0] -> Gekka-zakuro was a thing. Shivers* Thank goodness those days are over...

All for all, it's a really sad situation for Bravers... If SEGA were to nerf Guren to the ground, then what's left for Katana users? What, go back to the days where people were jumping into the air and waiting for Kazan-nadeshiko [Type-0] to reach its second stage, while third-person aiming? By the time that happens, then your friends/MPA will finish mobbing and already moved on to the next.

Honestly, you just woke me up from a false dream of Bravers being "fun & refreshing" again. Thank you, maninbluejumpsuit! I'm going to invest my efforts toward a different class~

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

that kanran buff tho

i think braver is doing quite a bit better now. should be able to get 13min once i learn how to play braver again
    Spoiler!

So after seeing these twitter vids of Bal getting rekt is bow braver finally....viable now?