Page 547 of 576 FirstFirst ... 47447497537544545546547548549550557 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 5755

How good is bow atm? Is hero still vastly outclassing it in every regard?

Bullet Bows are certainly in a much better place now (post-Sept. 27 balance patch), than they were, back in EP V's debut.

3 Chase Arrows -> (charged) Banish Arrow -> (charged) Normal Attacks loop is a thing, along with 3 Chase Arrows -> (charged) Banish Arrow -> 2 Sharp Bombers [Type-0] (or Final Nemesis -> Sharp Bomber [Type-0]) loop. Those two bossing combos works wonders now, especially with Fighter's Tech Arts JA Bonus and PP Save (although you can use Ranger or Hunter subclasses with those respective R/ rings).

Heroes will always be at the top -- and there's no ones who's doubting that. However, the gap between the advance class and its predecessors is much closer now... *Glares at Fighter and Gunner mains*

TL;DR Edition: Bullet Bows don't suck as much as you think they would; here's a Twitter video of someone demonstrating the weapon's enhancements, post-Sept. 27 balance patch: https://twitter.com/jiruCM/status/912969885839323141
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Oct 12, 2017 at 10:49 AM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

/Ra lost 27% conditional damage, gained 27% unconditional. /Fi and /Hu gained 27% without losing anything.

Honestly though, I feel that it's everything else other than numerical buff on PAs that made the difference.

Chase actually weaves well between burst combos now;
    FN is almost 2.3x as strong as it was months ago, which makes it a good banish finisher after SB0 that doesn't actually deplete your entire PP bar;
    The biggest change is still the greatly buffed normal attacks (damage, charge duration and PP gain), 1 charged normal during RS with Astra literally gives you an entire banish combo now.

What bow lacked before was not damage, but consistency, and that's exactly what it got this time, and it's actually working out.

maybe this will make more people want to play braver
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by milranduil; Dec 5, 2017 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    Spoiler!
    I mostly wanted to pick up Br again because the japanese Ou coming late december alongside the phantasy star stuff makes me think of swordmasters from fire emblem: awakening (I loved their design).

Br is super nice to play now, both weapons but like I pointed in another thread, class would be perfect if katana normals range were buffed. Nothing new, I mean it always bothered me but I'm fed up slashing in the void trying to hit bq golem head because am just missing a tiny bit of a butt hair (from my point of view am right in front of the damn shit tho). So yeah it will partially be fixed with late december re-balance but I don't understand why only 3rd normal will
    Last edited by Masu; Dec 6, 2017 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    Spoiler!
    He does his SE0 > gekka so slow that it triggers me. His counters are also strangely weak. It should be hitting for 100k on both hits on weakspots.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    His counters are also strangely weak. It should be hitting for 100k on both hits on weakspots.
    It wouldn't be as simple as not putting 1 point into counter bonus would it

Or do you mean he isn't toggling weak stance
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    It wouldn't be as simple as not putting 1 point into counter bonus would it

Or do you mean he isn't toggling weak stance
    It's probably not using weak stance. I didn't even realize he wasn't using it.
    The damage would be way lower if he didn't have counter bonus since... that thing makes counters go from 250% + 700% to 1750% + 2100%. Yes it really makes counter that ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    He does his SE0 > gekka so slow that it triggers me. His counters are also strangely weak. It should be hitting for 100k on both hits on weakspots.
    you're welcome to beat my time if i'm so bad.