Page 571 of 576 FirstFirst ... 71471521561568569570571572573574 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 5755

Why are kanran and hatou used so often in UH?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Why are kanran and hatou used so often in UH?
    because things have a lot of HP lol

I do know you are a far cry better than men, but when you say "cause things have high hp" you are not making sense.

Kanran has low dps and is good to clean up weak mobs but when mobs have high hp using kanran risks them moving out of range, even if kanran has a big aoe you need to spam it so much that you give them ample time, and it also means mobs are going to attack you more often, forcing you to dodge or counter more often rather than pas. So using other pas means higher dps.

And hatou always has the problem that if something moves even a little you are doing a lot less damage. At the correct distance dps might be awesome but it's so hard to get when stuff moves all the time than over the length of a full boss fight you are a lot more likely to have better dps with other pas / combos.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    I do know you are a far cry better than men, but when you say "cause things have high hp" you are not making sense.

Kanran has low dps and is good to clean up weak mobs but when mobs have high hp using kanran risks them moving out of range, even if kanran has a big aoe you need to spam it so much that you give them ample time, and it also means mobs are going to attack you more often, forcing you to dodge or counter more often rather than pas. So using other pas means higher dps.

And hatou always has the problem that if something moves even a little you are doing a lot less damage. At the correct distance dps might be awesome but it's so hard to get when stuff moves all the time than over the length of a full boss fight you are a lot more likely to have better dps with other pas / combos.
    You are correct kanran is low dps, but you're still better off using it than anything else if there are 3 or more mobs because you're at least hitting everything. Sakura's DPS is about 40% higher than kanran, but that doesn't merit using it if you're going to hit 5 or 6 mobs with kanran, but only 2-3 with sakura. I'd prefer not to do out the actual math for you because it should be fairly obvious at this point, but I will if you still seem to not understand.

Hatou is meant for a large, relatively stationary body like DF elder, anga, rodos, etc. Using it only to hit something with the edge is almost never worthwhile.

For the record, the context of spamming kanran/hatou was in regards to why BrEt with katana is very bad. Katana is a spammy weapon with its PAs, whether it be kanran or hatou or even sakura while remaining airborne. There is only 1 relevant TAJA combo and it's only for bossing while on the ground where you *cannot* use hatou. The weapon is simply not compatible in its current state with Fi or Et sub because of this fact.
    Last edited by milranduil; Mar 11, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

https://streamable.com/u1kpi

Can't really say I'm excited about the katana gear changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    https://streamable.com/u1kpi

Can't really say I'm excited about the katana gear changes.
    Ugh. That looks really uninspiring. Might stay away till it gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Ugh. That looks really uninspiring. Might stay away till it gets fixed.
    It's not a bug, it's intended.

From what I tried in the stationary 20 seconds training quest, Braver now without the gear aura (but with the gear bar maxed out) does more damage than before the update with the gear aura + katana combat and finisher.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

sega has proven once again they don't know how to "fix" katana. conditional damage with short up time and no "choose when you want to do damage" button. instead you have to forego countering (katana's core mechanic and highest DPS) to not release gear at the wrong time. sega could have made new gear an active like limit break or rapid boost, but they don't know what they're doing! great!

I didn't feel like the braver buffs were enough either. It'd be nice if bow was as strong as ph rifle.

Ph rifle doesn't even compare to bow what.

It's only better than bow in mobbing, but bow is meant for bossing in the first place.