Page 1 of 576 12341151101501 ... LastLast

Default Braver Class Talk

I'll update as they add more, also feel free to add tot he thread as much info as you can could really help us get a better understanding or grasp about it.

http://http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-episode-2-teaser/

Alright so Bumped gave some good info on some of the capabilities of Katana and bow so far so good hoping we get more, but what got me more interested now is that it seems Katana auto gets a guard and just guard animation? It didn't say anything about getting it from the skill tree.

No more Rumors now

What we know so far about the weps.
    Spoiler!

When Episode 2 starts, they’re going to add new skills and distribute skill tree reset items.

So I guess Bullet Bow gets it's own type pf weak bullet, but for weak points? Wonder if this will make going RA/BRA even more Over Powered I can totally see this happening weak stance+WB+WHA lawdeh just thinking about that I don't even...it maybe could benefit as a main as well coupled with said class.

As far as Katana's go as with having max gear and just guarding rewards you with increased damage and critical hit rate for a limited time this coupled with HU/BRA would make some nice multipliers with Fury Stance e.t.c, but question still stands as to how long the duration is, im actually hoping it stays on long enough to make it worth while.

Courtesy of Maenera for this info from Aragjag

Datamined Skills
    Spoiler!

Braver Skills I found out about that are missing.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zenobia; Jul 30, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Sig by Gama

Lightbulb The speculation begins!

If Bullet Bow gets its own version of Weak Bullet, I wanna know if it stacks with Weak Bullet or if it would be a nice combo with Gunner with its Chain Trigger. And if it did for etheir one, it would be awesome to NOT be ristrictive like Ranger only allowing you to activate it using the rifle in comparison to Gunner.

As for Katana... I'm not sure if I'll even see a good combination other than a defensive play style once enemies come to close sense I'll mainly play distant. However, I use Launchers in CQC mostly with it's Crazy Smash PA and Rodeo Drive PA so there could be some posible sync with Katanas being offensive while focusing mostly on range or at least for me as a GU/RA.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Why would weak stance be restricted from katanas?

Sega logic.

Quote Originally Posted by HIT0SHI View Post
    If Bullet Bow gets its own version of Weak Bullet, I wanna know if it stacks with Weak Bullet or if it would be a nice combo with Gunner with its Chain Trigger. And if it did for etheir one, it would be awesome to NOT be ristrictive like Ranger only allowing you to activate it using the rifle in comparison to Gunner.
    Yeah that would be sweet, hopefully Braver allows for some other decent combos like gu/br. I really hope it isnt limited to just being more combos for the already op rangers and hunter subs.

On a side note that link says there going to adjust gunners flip o.O. Hopefully there not nerfing it in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by jcart953 View Post
    Yeah that would be sweet, hopefully Braver allows for some other decent combos like gu/br. I really hope it isnt limited to just being more combos for the already op rangers and hunter subs.

On a side note that link says there going to adjust gunners flip o.O. Hopefully there not nerfing it in any way.
    I'd imagine the Katana and Bow's skill trees are going to be on opposite sides once they are implemented. Hope that they would have decent multipliers to compete with Ra/Hu as well.

I think Gu's flip dodge has been nerfed very slightly very late last year before. You were able to stay and slowly climb in the air by doing flip x2+ normal attack and repeat the pattern which didn't require JA. Now, this is almost impossible/ too hard and time consuming to do that it's not worth it. Wonder how they are going to change it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Why would weak stance be restricted from katanas?
    Chances are that Weak Stance is the blue bow icon in the trailer which would suggest bullet bow only. This also would be in line with SEGA's extensive design knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Chances are that Weak Stance is the blue bow icon in the trailer which would suggest bullet bow only. This also would be in line with SEGA's extensive design knowledge.

Speculation based on inference and the fact that this is Sega and F2P:

Unless braver's weapons are very powerful without need for insanely strong weapon spec skills (see: rod, talis, wand), or its skilltree offers skills that benefit both weapons to very noticeable degrees even when you're only trying to spec into one or the other (see: fury stance, fighter stances), I don't hold much hope for braver as anything but a skilltree cash grab. The tree will be tough to generalize in, but very effective when specced into one side - as a main.

Which means it could very easily be intentionally crazy powerful, very useful, and very effective - with one weapon half the time and the other weapon the other half of the time.

I'm expecting braver to be the most beneficial as a main, as opposed to a sub. The active skills appear to be only useful for braver's weapons. Subbing would probably be a bit akin to subbing RA as anything other than GU, which is completely useless aside from poking things with weak bullet from time to time and maybe seeing traps.

But braver's sub options will probably be fantastic. 2x damage to both of its weapons from HU? Hell yes. Weak Hit Advance from RA, plus weak bullet (maybe even on your bow in addition to this new skill too, if they haven't ruled that out yet)? Aw yeah. Gunner's ZRA seems designed for some of those bow PA's. About the only things that won't mix nicely are FO and TE, which makes sense since braver is a split striking/ranged class - but FO and TE still offer the traditional healing and buffing stuff most people sub them for anyway.

The problem here is Sega's made it pretty clear they have no idea how to properly balance a split damagetype class - they mucked it up on TE, they missed a chance to do it right on GU, and HU has stat bonuses for ranged despite only having a gunslash to use it on without subbing/being subbed. They apply the exact same bonuses to split stats in equal parts, which would all have been stacked onto one higher stat on a non-split class for higher total gains. Really, they're terrible at split design. But, they could just as well pull a HU and make it ridiculously OP and in turn crazy fun to use.

Either way, as a metagame aficionado, I'm looking forward to having something else in the mix.

I want to see the numbers, that's all I care about.

And whether Katanas are worthless without counters. I can imagine it being like Fury Stance's bonuses for 5s after a counter, so you're just waiting around hoping the docile environment will stop drifting away from you so you can be useful for once.

I also can't wait for 2x Charge Advance that boosts charged Ranged and Striking PAs but not Technics by 10%.

Hoping to use Braver/Ranger with bullet bows to make use of that weak stance.

But yeah numbers are all that will matter since its SEGA and they could just royally over-emphasize specific intended uses/abilities only to have them be worthless damage-wise.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)