Page 574 of 576 FirstFirst ... 74474524564571572573574575576 LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 5755

i don't mind buying a new mag, but do the damage differs much between 200satk and 200dex mag ?

Iirc 200 atk is about 7% damage nowadays so nice to have but not a big deal.

TBH Kazan Nadeshiko has kinda low dps and the impact on your gear gauge is now negligible. Guren still has pretty high dps for its range, it's strong for both bossing and mobbing and Sakura / Tsukimi / Gekka have no range so on any targets that move a lot you will have often lower dps trying to use Sakura / Tsukimi / Gekka and re-positioning all the time than simply spamming guren or using guren > sakura.

Be advised that guren dash > other pa is bad, people mention it for high dps but the dpp is so bad over the entire fight you lose dps because you spend so much more time refilling pp.

Also Hatou is very situational since even a slight difference to the optimal range means considerably lower damage than e.g. Sakura T0, Hatou's main purpose is rapidly building katana combat hits if you don't want to use the whole 20s which if course is rare. Using L/Katana C Count Up Asagiri does reliably good damage (a bit behind Guren) and quickly fills the counter so it's easy to get the max of 25 hits in 20s in most situations. If you get really good with Hatou you can make it work much more reliably but tbh it's not worth it because only at the virtually impossible perfect range (enemies and bosses move too much for this to be even remotely reliable in most situations) the dps is high enough to balance out the low dpp compared to Sakura T0 > Gekka > 3rd normal.

Gekka itself has a dumb jump at the beginning that means ow dps normally but pretty high dps for Tsukimi > gekka spam but this has a very small aoe and very small range so rarely useful over the standard high dps combo of Sakura T0 > Gekka.
    Normally you do Sakura T0 > Gekka > 3rd normal because the dps drops only relatively little but the dpp rises significantly so you waste less time on refilling pp.

Nowadays katana gear is rarely used, before you could use it often and using something like Kazami you could keep it easily for the entire quest but now it's so hard to fill the gear gauge and once activated the gauge depletes so rapidly that it's pretty much a once a quest burst like dark blast at best.

Katana is mainly trying to make Sakura T0 hit and switching to asagiri or guren if you can't do so without moving a lot on bosses and kanran / guren on mobs. Kanran can knock mobs down and iirc makes big mobs flinch (not sure tbh) but the damage is low, though the dps is good for the massive aoe (iirc guren's aoe is roughly half of kanran's circle) BUT it takes a a good deal longer to kill mobs individually compared to hitting fewer at a time but for more damage. Guren is usually better because if you damage a lot without killing them they can run away (relatively common in an mpa) or attack you which of course does not happen when you kill 2-3 at a time rather than 5-6 at once.

TBH I don't use it that much but using kanran occasionally but mostly guren on mobs (or sakura T0 if they cluster closely enough) is probably best because of kanra's knock down / flinch.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    i don't mind buying a new mag, but do the damage differs much between 200satk and 200dex mag ?
    Dex helps reduce some of the variance with damage, I mean unless you really care about it you can make another Mag otherwise just stick to what you have. Dex obviously is needed for weapons that require it
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Iirc 200 atk is about 7% damage nowadays so nice to have but not a big deal.

TBH Kazan Nadeshiko has kinda low dps and the impact on your gear gauge is now negligible. Guren still has pretty high dps for its range, it's strong for both bossing and mobbing and Sakura / Tsukimi / Gekka have no range so on any targets that move a lot you will have often lower dps trying to use Sakura / Tsukimi / Gekka and re-positioning all the time than simply spamming guren or using guren > sakura.

Be advised that guren dash > other pa is bad, people mention it for high dps but the dpp is so bad over the entire fight you lose dps because you spend so much more time refilling pp.

Also Hatou is very situational since even a slight difference to the optimal range means considerably lower damage than e.g. Sakura T0, Hatou's main purpose is rapidly building katana combat hits if you don't want to use the whole 20s which if course is rare. Using L/Katana C Count Up Asagiri does reliably good damage (a bit behind Guren) and quickly fills the counter so it's easy to get the max of 25 hits in 20s in most situations. If you get really good with Hatou you can make it work much more reliably but tbh it's not worth it because only at the virtually impossible perfect range (enemies and bosses move too much for this to be even remotely reliable in most situations) the dps is high enough to balance out the low dpp compared to Sakura T0 > Gekka > 3rd normal.

Gekka itself has a dumb jump at the beginning that means ow dps normally but pretty high dps for Tsukimi > gekka spam but this has a very small aoe and very small range so rarely useful over the standard high dps combo of Sakura T0 > Gekka.
    Normally you do Sakura T0 > Gekka > 3rd normal because the dps drops only relatively little but the dpp rises significantly so you waste less time on refilling pp.

Nowadays katana gear is rarely used, before you could use it often and using something like Kazami you could keep it easily for the entire quest but now it's so hard to fill the gear gauge and once activated the gauge depletes so rapidly that it's pretty much a once a quest burst like dark blast at best.

Katana is mainly trying to make Sakura T0 hit and switching to asagiri or guren if you can't do so without moving a lot on bosses and kanran / guren on mobs. Kanran can knock mobs down and iirc makes big mobs flinch (not sure tbh) but the damage is low, though the dps is good for the massive aoe (iirc guren's aoe is roughly half of kanran's circle) BUT it takes a a good deal longer to kill mobs individually compared to hitting fewer at a time but for more damage. Guren is usually better because if you damage a lot without killing them they can run away (relatively common in an mpa) or attack you which of course does not happen when you kill 2-3 at a time rather than 5-6 at once.

TBH I don't use it that much but using kanran occasionally but mostly guren on mobs (or sakura T0 if they cluster closely enough) is probably best because of kanra's knock down / flinch.
    i really wish you would stop posting about katana tbh. i'm tired of cleaning up your misinformation all the time.

-1% of your total attack is 1% dmg increase/decrease (e.g. 5000 total atk means 50 atk is needed for 1% gain)

-kazan does not fill gauge during gear (nothing does), but it generates a lot when gear is not active and is used preemptively on a boss or mob spawn + nifta.

-guren should ONLY be used as a gap close and chasing, not for dps ever. not for bossing, not for mobbing, no.

-hatou requires finesse yes. welcome to learning how to use PAs!

-using asagiri is pointless for racking up hits during katana combat. 4 rotations of sakura gekka normal is 24 hits (or 25 if you used a snatch step at least once) and does much higher dps.

-new katana gear fills slowly - yes. once per quest - no. you can proc it more than once per minute if you're hitting groups of mobs or countering regularly.

-kanran >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> guren for mobbing. guren's range is terrible, i don't know how you can think it's decent at all when kanran's horizontal reach is much larger. the only situation guren is acceptable for clearing groups of mobs are the shironian/kuronian mobs since kanran cannot hit their elevated weakpoints.

PA hits count apply to katana finish too ? i thought only normal attack hits counted

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    PA hits count apply to katana finish too ? i thought only normal attack hits counted
    any weapon hits yeah. the only katana where you specifically need to normal attack during kc is the cursed slayer katana for its unique finish potential.

what 12* katana worth upgrading for early use ? asking only for 12* because lambda is super hard to get on NA

I loved rolling HU/BR myself. Have to get back into JP version to jot down my character builds so I can use them when I start playing on nA servers. But basically HU for damage, defense and healing (I rolled what I can only describe as a sword glass cannon build), and BR for speed and agility in a pinch. It compliments HU nicely too even as a sub-class.

I really love the subclass system in this game, and I want to use it as inspiration for the class system I want to use in my Paragon arpg game prototype. I loved paragon before epic closed it, but I digress.

Can't wait to get people together to play this again!
    Hi! My name is Tamara, nice to meet you!

If red weapons have the 16% damage buff potential already on NA the damage is better than most 12* weapons and close to Revolucio weapons iirc if you craft red weapons to max level.
    But iirc the equipment requirement can get quite high so need to check if you can actually equip it (using at least 10% equip requirement reduction or 20% / 30% if you got one).

Edit: visiphone or swiki probably have a table for the equip requirements for each craft lvl, for swiki just use google translate cause you just need numbers anyway and google doesnt screw up menu entries, etc. you need to find it.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Jun 12, 2020 at 07:25 AM.

bow complex showcase (all AoE variant since it's much more useful for most of endless)
    Spoiler!