Page 556 of 576 FirstFirst ... 56456506546553554555556557558559566 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 5755

anyone got a cookie cutter build for Br Bow main? I want to try something new

Got 14* rain bbow I hunted for and... it sux. Expected chase arrow after every PA, get shitty (less than 1/6 damage, 100 power, but affected by JA) chase after every PA 1 per second max. I want a refund!
    If there wasn't a cd it would be useful for PA spam and would add like +-8% damage to spammable PAs (and 1.5 times more for 15s after dodge, wonder if new bbow moves will count as "step dodge") but atm 100 power that can't be spammed is less than what even what some 13* bbows can offer, less than atra and you are still left with retarded bbow PP management that became even worse after "balance" adjustment.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    anyone got a cookie cutter build for Br Bow main? I want to try something new
    Just go BrRa, get every bbow skill, weak stance and attack advance, aim for weakpoints, no weakpoint=no damage. Pen Arrow can hit twice at certain distance.
    Last edited by aiMute; Jun 25, 2018 at 10:49 AM.

realistically how good are bows now? what are their defensive options, and damage on the dps/dpm scale?

Quote Originally Posted by midend View Post
    realistically how good are bows now? what are their defensive options, and damage on the dps/dpm scale?
    i canīt give you detail data like dps, frames per PA or overall damage, but i can speak of experience of his use as ra/br - br/ra

sharp bomber type-0 does a lot of damage if aimed to a weak spot, since is a explosion it prioritize weak spot, for a bow is must go weak stance, as is counted as ranged attack it trigger weak hit advance from ranger, any spot tagged whit a weak bullet is considered as a weak spot, since switch to rifle to bow unload your bullets, you can only burst damage once by yourself if the enemy have is weak spot hidden/blocked by a brokable part

bows are good for mobbing and boss killer if hit weak spot, if have a nice PP pool (140pp or more) the banish combo is good for a burst (3 chase arrow - banish - 2 sharp bomber type-0 + normal hit).

sharp bomber have invencible frames, equal to the amount of time you slow move prior shotting the arrow, as br/ra 80/80 whit astra bow (ep 4 mother bow) default affix, lv 35 i do over 100k per sharp bomber on weak spot on mobs even not matching weak element, when PP is low is fast regenerated whit rapid fire skill, also since you may end whit lot of points to share, but can learn katana escape to have 15 seconds of invencibility.

on this episode goint solo for bow only braver can be tought if the enemy have hidden is weak spot as negate all your damage multipliers (considering br/ra)
    Last edited by MyNameIsHawk; Jul 19, 2018 at 04:49 PM.

compared to hunter or fighter subs? because if im gna use bomb0 most of the time i wont b benefitting from SS, yes?

Bow is a very weird weapon right now. It has theoretically very high DPS on paper, but it mainly relies on double penetrating arrow x 6 after banish arrow (as in, if you use penetrating arrow from a very specific distance, you can get to hit your target twice with it). Issue is that it requires Immobile and/or very big targets to be even practical. Other combos are very bursty, but other classes can dish out as much, if not more damage during the time it takes to prep and execute them.
    Lack of weak points can be an issue as was mentioned, although most things still have a head that counts as a weakpoint for ranged weapons, but you'll have to manual aim your PAs on it
    Bow can only evade with Sharp Bomber and step, which makes it very unsuitable for fighting spammy and very mobile bosses.

As a last note, you'll absolutely need Divine Raikou bow (until bow mobility + buff/fixes patch comes around). It's a very bad bow power-wise but its potential cuts 60 second of Rapid Shoot's cooldown when you activate the skill with it equipped, making it best bow utility

compared to hunter or fighter subs? because if im gna use bomb0 most of the time i wont b benefitting from SS, yes?
    Right now we have 4 viable subs

HU : all-around balanced sub, very survivable and stable + decent damage, but some other subs can get higher damage under optimal conditions.

FI : TAJA skill and stances get in the way of bossing but are very helpful for mobbing

RA : Huuuh I'll be honest here, everybody recommends RA but its applications are very limited. It has the highest damage for banish > Penetrating x 6 and Banish > Master Shot > Final Nemesis/Sharp Bomber, but RA sub damage is tied to very stringent conditionals making it very unsuitable for anything that isn't a raid boss/boss-heavy content, on top of being very hard on beginners. It is however the strongest in the right situations !

SU : a sub on the rise due to damage on single target being second to RA, but with a lot less conditionals. You get extra survivability in the skill tree and access to techs (zanverse to improve banish damage, Nabarta type 0 as a defensive option, support techs to heal and prop yourself). A middle ground between HU sub and RA sub in a way

As a final note, standing snipe works on a PA per PA basis, as in if you start any PA after having stood still for 1 second, this PA will benefit from Standing Snipe even if you move. However, the movement caused by said PA will break Standing Snipe, so you'll have to rebuild it for next PA. This is why Banish > Master Shot(standing still) > Sharp Bomber 0 will have Bomber benefitting from SS, But if you do Banish( charged, standing still) > Bomber 0 > Master, Bomber will also have SS but Master won't.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 20, 2018 at 04:09 AM.

Very informative, thanks! However, on the last part still, if I were to take a bow into EF XH (or even SH) or UQ what class combination would be best? Those mobs are really just minibosses in disguise, savage and tanky.

As of now, I think I will try summoner subclass. You made it seem really attractive hehe
    Last edited by midend; Jul 20, 2018 at 09:22 AM.

Very informative, thanks! However, on the last part still, if I were to take a bow into EF XH (or even SH) or UQ what class combination would be best? Those mobs are really just minibosses in disguise, savage and tanky.

As of now, I think I will try summoner subclass. You made it seem really attractive hehe
    for these, Hunter or Fighter would be best because simple conditionals.HU takes the cake because Automate + MassiveHunter makes you veeery hard to kill.
    SU would suffer here because it needs to apply point assist to do damage, so it's only suited for 1v1 or 1v2. Past that it becomes very troublesome !

Silent Radius Arca buff! Before it was 100/150 after dodge power arrows once per second, now it's 2 arrows per second at 100 power and 4 per second at 150 power after dodge which means it's up to 600 DPS for multihit PAs. It also looks very nice.