Page 539 of 576 FirstFirst ... 39439489529536537538539540541542549 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 5755

Considering that counter/gekka is extremely good DPS (I think it's in the realm of 2K with Counter Edge and Bonus), there's no reason to be tanking as BrHu as you can actually counter everything for better DPS and DPP than just facetanking everything.

Gix is the best for a lot of weapon types such as Sword, Katana and TMG for example due to these weapon types being out for a long time when you do have them out, and each of them able to avoid damage while doing their top DPS with the right unit and skill tree build.

Astra is nice but not optimal for many weapon types I think, I only have it for DS because Gix/Union is generally better for most.

Quote Originally Posted by SmolNeko View Post
    Because the crit-rate is essentially unconditional without sacrificing points? 50% Critrate in gear mode, 5% base crit rate, 20% crit rate from ring and 25% from either Fury Crit or Avg Stance crit, either of which are perfectly fine if you choose to take them depending on what type of katana only or hybrid tree you use, both can keep MH and automate. I would personally rather keep my 3% crit damage when tanking bow hits in MH than lose it due to PK ring going on and off while automate runs it's job.

Br/Hu has a lot of spare SP in my opinion and is going to have even more soon with the new level cap. Might as well use it.
    -Many would rather not put skill points into crit rate just for the sake of a ring, when PK ring, S atk up skills, automate, and bow skills are choices.
    -Katana gear isn't always up.
    -Crit striking ring doesnt work with banish combos as well as PK does (kamikaze uses striking multipliers).

Back to the question; any more feedback on 3% damage ring vs tech arts pp save?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Mar 14, 2017 at 03:48 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Katana gear, other than stuff like white day, is pretty easy to keep up constantly. 5-10 skill points for a ring when you have an abundance of points isn't too bad, I only use 5 on braver side. I'm not impressed by br/hu bow damage either, so the only thing really keeping bow around is Anga, which. nah. Sticking with Katana only as long as I'm restricted to one braver tree.

I would go with the 3% still, as long as you don't have gix. With all the braver main skills, shouldn't be that hard to recover pp.

Tried Solo PD for the 1st time and it took over 10 min to just kill Double. Only had 3 trimates by the time PD appeared and ultimately got canned. How much damage and S-Atk do you need to deal enough damage to kill Double faster and ultimately PD as well. I can't see how you can kill him in 5 mins when he has 10s of millions of HP just like the MPA version.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    I use tajapps, but only because 40 pp for the rotation eats my pp too fast (sitting at 170 pp), and I like seeing it cost 26 pp for the rotation since I use union katana + pp reduct on shifta drink.
    PP drink with 10% PA dmg way better tbh

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Tried Solo PD for the 1st time and it took over 10 min to just kill Double. Only had 3 trimates by the time PD appeared and ultimately got canned. How much damage and S-Atk do you need to deal enough damage to kill Double faster and ultimately PD as well. I can't see how you can kill him in 5 mins when he has 10s of millions of HP just like the MPA version.
    Their total HP is lower than MPA version.
    3k atk before buff with astra/austere/union, and decent play should get you a dead double in under 4 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    total hp is roughly 4.5mil.

So, the best dps with Sakura Endo Type 0 is a Sakura > Gekka combo?
    Sounds really pp intensive.

But, is this the best damage over an entire boss fight? Or is it less damage than something else (Guren spam or Guren + uncrafted Sakura Endo or whatever) because you have to stop attacking and refill pp too often?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    So, the best dps with Sakura Endo Type 0 is a Sakura > Gekka combo?
    Sounds really pp intensive.
    Not any more intensive than hatou was. Just far easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    But, is this the best damage over an entire boss fight? Or is it less damage than something else (Guren spam or Guren + uncrafted Sakura Endo or whatever) because you have to stop attacking and refill pp too often?
    Better to think this way:

If you want speed, sakura0/gekka.
    If you want efficiency, guren.
    Read the situation for things like HP sponges, downtime, and stun phases and figure out what's best from moment to moment.

What about jump cancel Gekka into Sakura-0? Is that a huge dps loss for the added pp for striking before PA combo?