Page 564 of 576 FirstFirst ... 64464514554561562563564565566567574 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 5755

Hey guys, just recently came back and I'm sort of lost trying to get back into the swing of things. Looking for some recommendations for weapon replacement.

Katana: Right now, I'm on track to pick up an Atlas EX Katana, but I'm wondering what S4 to put onto it. I've been running a 100% crit build with a Kazami up to this point and I'm looking at the following options:
    1. Gear Reduction. This seems like a no brainer for someone that needs to stay in release mode, but with the change to gear when using a bow, is this still necessary?
    2. Life steal from Gunslash. I really like the idea of sustaining myself with this, but not sure if I can forsake the other two options for this - just how effective is it?
    3. Mysterious Strike. More crit damage is wonderful, but even rearranging SP on the braver tree, I can only reach up to about 75% crit rate (5% base, 20% ring, 25% fury crit, 25% average/weak crit) since gear release crit and the S4 negate each other.

Bow: I'm close to getting a Radius Arca, but I see that we're currently in a campaign to get another Atlas EX weapon and I was wondering if the Atlas EX bow would be a much better option over the Radius Arca. I'm thinking about trying Phantom when it comes out - is Radius Arca good enough for the time being that I can save this Atlas EX for a rifle/rod?

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCracker View Post
    Hey guys, just recently came back and I'm sort of lost trying to get back into the swing of things. Looking for some recommendations for weapon replacement.

Katana: Right now, I'm on track to pick up an Atlas EX Katana, but I'm wondering what S4 to put onto it. I've been running a 100% crit build with a Kazami up to this point and I'm looking at the following options:
    1. Gear Reduction. This seems like a no brainer for someone that needs to stay in release mode, but with the change to gear when using a bow, is this still necessary?
    2. Life steal from Gunslash. I really like the idea of sustaining myself with this, but not sure if I can forsake the other two options for this - just how effective is it?
    3. Mysterious Strike. More crit damage is wonderful, but even rearranging SP on the braver tree, I can only reach up to about 75% crit rate (5% base, 20% ring, 25% fury crit, 25% average/weak crit) since gear release crit and the S4 negate each other.

Bow: I'm close to getting a Radius Arca, but I see that we're currently in a campaign to get another Atlas EX weapon and I was wondering if the Atlas EX bow would be a much better option over the Radius Arca. I'm thinking about trying Phantom when it comes out - is Radius Arca good enough for the time being that I can save this Atlas EX for a rifle/rod?

Thanks for any help!

im by no means a BR main (it is one of my top 5 played buts its the least played one despite how fun it is atm) but I can offer a couple of tips:

- Atra EX Kat with Crit Dmg SSA's 1-3 (if you can't manage some of those just use flat dmg% one's) + S4 Kat Gauge reduction
    - Crit wise: 5% Base + 20% Ring + 25% Fury + 50% Crit upon release of Kat Gauge = 100% Crit (with no crit investments needed in BR tree allowing more room for investments on to other skills)
    - I say keep Kazami for down times when theres nothing to hit and use it to fill your Kat Gauge whenever needed (akin to HU using Akatsuki in the same way)
    - I'm not a bow BR, I can't exactly comment on Radius Arca (I mean its a meme bow to some extent from what I know) but I suggest using other bows. Ya it's good on mobbing with Million Storm but overall other bow setups are better.

I'd say use your Chrono Stones for Ph, if you dont like the way some of the weapons feel on that class then just convert it to something else you want.

maybe Milandruil can offer more help, he's basically one of the top BR's in the game I know of
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Mar 21, 2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Thanks for any help!
    If you're serious about using the Bullet Bow you'll need to have a pretty vast PP pool so you could use Atlas EX because you can configure the SSAs to be PP efficient ones or focus on crit damage SSA if you're confident in your PP management. Lightstream is also really, really good for Bow if you aren't using it for anything else. But if Bow isn't going to be one of your main damage sources then you can stick to Radius because of Gravity Point + Torrential Arrow/Million Storm mobbing but it's purely niche in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for any help!
    if you're looking to play katana, br/hu is your best choice for class combo. you probably already know this, but i mention it because if you wish to focus on bow, then you would need to be br/ra to get the best out of it. hybrid br/hu isn't particularly strong simply because bow's multipliers on their own aren't that good which is why ra sub is important. ra sub also has better pp management with traps which is super useful for pp hungry bow use. if you're just looking to use bow as a sub weapon for the few situations its needed (anga resists, hitting some targets far away with sharp bomber, etc.), then going br/hu katana main is recommended. atra for both weps with crit SSA is good, though i would hold off on making both atra and stick with radius until ph comes out in the event you feel like using a chronos stone for rifle/rod instead

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice! I'm definitely more katana-reliant and just use the bow as a sort of fun/situational side weapon, so I'll probably just wait until Phantom comes out to decide if I want an Atlas EX bow or not in light of what you all have said. Also going to put together the crit SSA weapon you guys spoke about. Thanks again!

I am looking to make new braver and I am beginning to get my gearing set up down. I have the Gugen Katana, what are the good weapons and affixes you lot would recommend for a katana braver? I have some pretty decent hunter all class weapons so I also plan to use some swords and wire lances as well.

My Skill tree is as follows: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...o9b8dAIo00000f
    Any parts I should change? Just need some gearing and skill tree help. I think I have my PAs down for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    I am looking to make new braver and I am beginning to get my gearing set up down. I have the Gugen Katana, what are the good weapons and affixes you lot would recommend for a katana braver? I have some pretty decent hunter all class weapons so I also plan to use some swords and wire lances as well.

My Skill tree is as follows: http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...o9b8dAIo00000f
    Any parts I should change? Just need some gearing and skill tree help. I think I have my PAs down for the most part.
    any 15*, lightstream > atra > austere
    you don't need the braver tree crit skills if you use the striking crit ring. you'll have 100% crit by then.

So, normally Katana gear depletes rapidly and you cannot refill it while it's active?
    I've been using Atlas Katana for a good while and then Kazami for a long time so I was used to katana gear taking a long time to deplete and mostly, being able to refill it while attacking.

But now I've started using Lightstream Katana and the gear is gone in maybe 25-30 seconds and I cannot refill it with anything until it has depleted and I activate it again after maxing the gauge.

That's normal, right? I'm confused cause I thought you can always keep it active with attacks and pas regardless of weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    So, normally Katana gear depletes rapidly and you cannot refill it while it's active?
    I've been using Atlas Katana for a good while and then Kazami for a long time so I was used to katana gear taking a long time to deplete and mostly, being able to refill it while attacking.

But now I've started using Lightstream Katana and the gear is gone in maybe 25-30 seconds and I cannot refill it with anything until it has depleted and I activate it again after maxing the gauge.

That's normal, right? I'm confused cause I thought you can always keep it active with attacks and pas regardless of weapon.
    Attacking should refill even during release, but some PAs refill so little that the drain is more than the gain.

Ah, thanks.
    Just tested it and Guren fills the gauge by like 30% if gear isn't active but only by like 5% is active and Asagiri refills so little it looks like it doesn't refill at all.

Guess I'll stick to my Kazami then, the dps loss from having to constantly losing gear or constantly spamming Kazan Nadeshiko t0 / holding it for a good while to refill gear sounds pretty bad and is probably at least as much if not more than the dps I gain from using LS Katana.
    Well, was gonna use LS dbs anyway so fine with me.