Page 554 of 576 FirstFirst ... 54454504544551552553554555556557564 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Just to clarify something, as of February 21st, 2018, the Gear Guard Ring no longer increases Gear drain rate. Its only disadvantages are that it does require you to hold your guard for 3 seconds, and if you have it equipped and it is under +11, then even if you release Katana Gear through a counter, you still are subject to its reduced Gear increase.
    Well... that pretty much changes my entire outlook on the ring! So if it's +20 (or rather, above the threshold where gear accumulation returns to normal), it has no downsides (other than the 3 seconds required to manually trigger it). Sounds good to me. Thank you!
    Last edited by WhiteCracker; Apr 16, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

The Holding down Guard for 3 Seconds is a feature not a downside.
    You can still trigger Katana gear the usual way by timing a JG.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    The Holding down Guard for 3 Seconds is a feature not a downside.
    You can still trigger Katana gear the usual way by timing a JG.
    It is a "downside" in the sense that if you are in a situation like Zephryion mentioned, those 3 seconds can mean the mobs are long dead before you get to them. Not a big issue, but it could get annoying if you aren't used to needing time to set up.

Hey guys, back with another question if anyone has the time to spare!

Currently playing 100% crit Katana Br/Hu and it's working great, but I want to try to push my limits some more. I was wondering how a 100% crit Katana Br/Fi would look and if that would be viable? I'd be giving up Fury/JA Combo/survivability of Hunter for Brave/Wise/Critical Strike/TAJA of Fighter. Anyone have experience with this or is it not worth the risk/juggling of stances?

Thanks!

You'd be giving up access to R/ Crit strike Striking (which saves up a lot of SP on Bravers skill tree) for a small damage boost IF you chain different PA with each other (not factoring chase since almost no Raid boss can be inflicted with status ailments). I'd say Fi/Br (with FI equipable Katana's) is much better than Br/Fi. If you'd like to try that out there is a new Fi equipable 13* Katana that released recently but you'd need to play PSO2es for it. And to make up for the survivability loss (especially during Limit Break) you'd need to focus more on Def and HP affixes (Stuff like Ability 3 on Units or Ares the Soul).
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; May 2, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

You'd be giving up access to R/ Crit strike Striking (which saves up a lot of SP on Bravers skill tree) for a small damage boost IF you chain different PA with each other (not factoring chase since almost no Raid boss can be inflicted with status ailments). I'd say Fi/Br (with FI equipable Katana's) is much better than Br/Fi. If you'd like to try that out there is a new Fi equipable 13* Katana that released recently but you'd need to play PSO2es for it. And to make up for the survivability loss (especially during Limit Break) you'd need to focus more on Def and HP affixes (Stuff like Ability 3 on Units or Ares the Soul).

Hm, I might try it out just to make things more interesting. I'm not too worried about losing access to R/Crit Strike because I was planning to swap it out for the Effort Symbol ring (-2% crit damage overall, but it'll cover the last 5% crit chance that I would be missing) and cover the missing 25% crit in both stances using Brave Crit / Wise Crit (since I can't use limit break with Fi sub anyway, those points can go there). Picked up Chase + Chase plus for mobbing with Fudou > Kanran combo. The build ends up looking roughly like this: https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...000dBIb0000008

Does Fi/Br offer anything outside of being able to Limit Break and the associated skills that would work with it? I feel like if I were going to do a Limit Break build, I'd just go Fi/Hu instead and use double saber. I'll probably experiment with both.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCracker View Post
    Hm, I might try it out just to make things more interesting. I'm not too worried about losing access to R/Crit Strike because I was planning to swap it out for the Effort Symbol ring (-2% crit damage overall, but it'll cover the last 5% crit chance that I would be missing) and cover the missing 25% crit in both stances using Brave Crit / Wise Crit (since I can't use limit break with Fi sub anyway, those points can go there). Picked up Chase + Chase plus for mobbing with Fudou > Kanran combo. The build ends up looking roughly like this: https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...000dBIb0000008

Does Fi/Br offer anything outside of being able to Limit Break and the associated skills that would work with it? I feel like if I were going to do a Limit Break build, I'd just go Fi/Hu instead and use double saber. I'll probably experiment with both.
    You're still missing 10% Crit chance since Crit Strike on Fi Tree is main class only. If it wasn't the increase in Damage would be so high that a lot more people would run X/Fi instead of X/Hu. So I guess that answers your question, Outside of Limit break Fi/Br also has better Crits, Which is much easier to achieve with Katana Gear since you get 50% for basically free.

You're still missing 10% Crit chance since Crit Strike on Fi Tree is main class only. If it wasn't the increase in Damage would be so high that a lot more people would run X/Fi instead of X/Hu. So I guess that answers your question, Outside of Limit break Fi/Br also has better Crits, Which is much easier to achieve with Katana Gear since you get 50% for basically free.
    Ahhhh shoot. I knew I was missing something in there. Totally overlooked that. Okay, I'll trash that idea and maybe give Fi/Br a shot. Thanks for pointing that error out.

BrFi is not that great.

Take it from someone who has run BrFi and currently mains FiBr.

Katana normals are a big source of damage for Br and TAJA doesn't apply to it on neither BrFi or FiBr, but FiBr makes up for it with LB and/or Crit Strike. FiBr reliably is able to proc slayers and beat skills, which are affected by Katana Gear (not Crazy Heart, ofc) BrFi barely reaches the total multipliers of BrHu with TAJA involved as well.

This is on top of the critical rate issues that were previously mentioned. PK Strike also doesn't synergize with BrFi either. It works better on FiBr hilariously enough since PK can work during LB since PK works based off of current max HP, Injury status withstanding.

The main thing that BrFi has over FiBr is full unfettered access to the katana weapon pool while FiBr is limited to either es exclusives like arion, raete, yasha NT) or limited time weapon drops like Yamigarasu NT (which has a fairly limited normal pot or a stronger and more useful, but extremely hard to maintain pot that is, you guessed it, exclusive to es as you need weaponoid boosters to get this pot and that only drops from either es or from es related etrials.) or Dio Sigalga and Sky Shine (Dio is from the 2016 weapon shop I believe and there is no easy way to earn 2016 weapon badges, and Sky Shine is a limited time drop from the 2016 Xmas EQ, meaning unless you have triggers or you know someone with triggers, you can't run this anymore.)

I'd argue that BrSu is a better choice over BrFi for bossing, and for mobbing, it'd be better to stick to BrHu.

BrFi has a stronger counter than BrHu so i guess it has that much going for it. You can prob build your tree to give you more Satk overall, but no where near enough to validate the loss of Hu sub QoL skills imo.

This is just my opinion tho, but I do honestly feel that BrFi is one of the weaker katana builds that exist.

Just wondering since you play FiBr. What’s your damage on counters.