Page 544 of 576 FirstFirst ... 44444494534541542543544545546547554 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 5755

/Fi is playable but the damage bonus isn't very much higher, maybe 5% at best during PP slayer. Without PP Slayer, it does less than /Hu.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    So, the 13-star Yamigarasu NT came out on Sept. 6, and I was wondering which out of the two potentials should I choose? "Wings of Darkness" or "Prestigious Protection?"

If I go with the "Wings of Darkness" potential, should I change my class from BR/HU to BR/FI, so I can benefit Tech Arts JA Bonus and Tech Arts JA PP Save? I already have a R/Ring Lv.20 Massive Hunter, for Kamikaze Arrow spam (when Katana Combat is on cooldown). In addition to that, doesn't subclass Fighters have higher multipliers than a subclass Hunter? If so, then being a BR/FI with a Yamigarasu NT would be a win-win for me.

Any helpful feedback and constructive criticism is welcome; thanks in advance~
    Really, a good chunk of Katana gameplay stems from cycling the same two PAs over and over again. I never really considered Wings of Darkness a good Potential for Braver just because it can only get mileage out of it with Sakura 0 > Gekka loops; anything that isn't Guren on mobs or Sakura 0 or Sakura 0 > Gekka on bosses is a dip in DPS. Plus, as Selphea mentioned, FI sub isn't that great anyways.

Prestigious Protection is arguably the better Potential, but damage boost upkeep is highly dependent on your skill and spatial awareness, since eating any hit outside of Guard will reset the Pot.

However, you need Weaponoid Boosters to open up Prestigious Protection, so if you don't have 9 Weaponoid Boosters to spare, or don't even play PSO2es in the first place, you can forget about getting Prestigious Protection. *sitting here in a corner with Prestigious Protection Yami*
    Last edited by Altiea; Sep 10, 2017 at 12:06 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

why not fi/br instead? 2.8k satk could go up to 4k+ with deadline+crazy beat+pp slayer+katana gear and also 1.2(lb power bonus) on top that. I tested it on vol head and get like 100k damage total per sakura endo 0 with wing of darkness and taja. Also rushing HnH stage 8 is possible (no katana weakness there).
    Also if my caculation not wrong fi/br with yamigarasu-nt is stronger than br/hu with qliphad (both with 190 atk affix). This is only calculating lb, deadline, crazy beat (lb does count as abnormal status), with pp slayer and taja it's way stronger than br/hu qliphadm
    Tho fi/br has zero safety option...
    Last edited by Tigy; Sep 10, 2017 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigy View Post
    why not fi/br instead? 2.8k satk could go up to 4k+ with deadline+crazy beat+pp slayer+katana gear and also 1.2(lb power bonus) on top that.
    Halfline Slayer(100) + Deadline Slayer(150) + PP Slayer(200) + Crazy Beat(200) = 650. So Katana Gear gives at least 550 S-atk? How do you have 1833+ base S-Atk?

You can reach 4k+ in Character Info with Br/Hu...

I forgot to mention lv 17 shifta from jb.
    Yes you can reach 4k with br/hu but that needs damn good affix, let's forgey about premium drink. Even with 145/9 austere+izane leg and 100atk gix katana I'm not even close to 4k (3.8k with katana gear and shifta lv 17).
    Now I have sold my austere and only using 80satk bq rear 145atk bq arm 145atk izane leg and default affix yamigarasu and that's already reach more than 4k.... screenshoot will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    /Fi is playable but the damage bonus isn't very much higher, maybe 5% at best during PP slayer. Without PP Slayer, it does less than /Hu.
    Really?! Even with factoring in the Tech Arts JA Bonus skill -- it still does less damage than subclass Hunter (outside of PP Slayer)? Damn, that's pretty discouraging; all this time, I thought it was of been better, due to its situational stances and synergy-like skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Really, a good chunk of Katana gameplay stems from cycling the same two PAs over and over again. I never really considered Wings of Darkness a good Potential for Braver just because it can only get mileage out of it with Sakura 0 > Gekka loops; anything that isn't Guren on mobs or Sakura 0 or Sakura 0 > Gekka on bosses is a dip in DPS. Plus, as Selphea mentioned, FI sub isn't that great anyways.

Prestigious Protection is arguably the better Potential, but damage boost upkeep is highly dependent on your skill and spatial awareness, since eating any hit outside of Guard will reset the Pot.

However, you need Weaponoid Boosters to open up Prestigious Protection, so if you don't have 9 Weaponoid Boosters to spare, or don't even play PSO2es in the first place, you can forget about getting Prestigious Protection. *sitting here in a corner with Prestigious Protection Yami*
    Although that's true, I personally do find Tech Arts JA Bonus to be rather useful, outside of Sakura-endo [Type-0] -> Gekka-zakuro. For mobbing, I like to do Guren-tessen -> Sakura-endo [Type-0] loop, along with throwing Kazan-nadeshiko [Type-0] into the mix occasionally. As for bossing, I do Sakura-endo [Type-0] -> Gekka-zakuro -> Asagiri-rendan loop, since Asagiri is finally good this time around, post-EP V. With those two combos used for their respectable situations, Tech Arts JA Bonus is practically always in affect, since I'm looping the PAs.

With that all being said, "Prestigious Protection" does sound very enticing -- but I have a single Weaponoid Booster in my inventory. What makes matters worse is that I don't play PSO2 es, outside from buying AC for 30-Day Premium. Once you're done using that Prestigious-Protection Yamigarasu, would you mind if I borrowed it every once in awhile? I promise that I'll bring it back in the same pristine condition that you've gave it to me

why not fi/br instead? 2.8k satk could go up to 4k+ with deadline+crazy beat+pp slayer+katana gear and also 1.2(lb power bonus) on top that. I tested it on vol head and get like 100k damage total per sakura endo 0 with wing of darkness and taja. Also rushing HnH stage 8 is possible (no katana weakness there).
    Also if my caculation not wrong fi/br with yamigarasu-nt is stronger than br/hu with qliphad (both with 190 atk affix). This is only calculating lb, deadline, crazy beat (lb does count as abnormal status), with pp slayer and taja it's way stronger than br/hu qliphadm
    Tho fi/br has zero safety option...
    That's rather interesting test that you've conducted! It's a bummer that my countering skills have rusted, since I prioritized TE/BR for nearly two episodes. Perhaps when I'm good at countering with katanas, then I'll consider joining the glory ranks of FI/BR (even though you'll be missing out on the Katana Weapon Bonus class title).
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Sep 10, 2017 at 08:56 AM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

yeah I have included 10% wepon bonus class too, pretty sure I didn't miss anything else. But which is stronger overall? I couldn't tell as fi/br only stronger with LB and outside LB is abysmal, also no safety option

@ralf
    my halfline is not maxed, only take it as crazy beat requirement
    Attachment 41356

Unit detail :
    BQ rear : 80atk (bayari soul, power III, flict arma, spirita III)
    BQ arm : 145atk (act the soul, ether factor, flict arma, noble power, power III)
    Izane leg : 145atk (bayari soul, power III, flict arma, noble power, modulator)
    Last edited by Tigy; Sep 10, 2017 at 09:06 AM.

yeah I have included 10% wepon bonus class too, pretty sure I didn't miss anything else. But which is stronger overall? I couldn't tell as fi/br only stronger with LB and outside LB is abysmal, also no safety option

@ralf
    my halfline is not maxed, only take it as crazy beat requirement
    Attachment 41356

Unit detail :
    BQ rear : 80atk (bayari soul, power III, flict arma, spirita III)
    BQ arm : 145atk (act the soul, ether factor, flict arma, noble power, power III)
    Izane leg : 145atk (bayari soul, power III, flict arma, noble power, modulator)

Nitpick:
    BQ rear: 35+30+20(+25)= 85 (110)
    BQ arm: 35+30+20+30+30(+25)=145 (170)
    Izane leg: 35+30+20+30+30(+20)=145 (165)

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post

Nitpick:
    BQ rear: 35+30+20(+25)= 85 (110)
    BQ arm: 35+30+20+30+30(+25)=145 (170)
    Izane leg: 35+30+20+30+30(+20)=145 (165)

Just fyi it's 3.6k without katana gear, 3.4k with only LB.
    So yeah katana gear add like 500.
    pls note I could be wrong in this one : it seems like katana gear is percentage bonus counted from your current total satk, the higher your attack is the crazier katana gear get.
    Last edited by Tigy; Sep 11, 2017 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    With that all being said, "Prestigious Protection" does sound very enticing -- but I have a single Weaponoid Booster in my inventory. What makes matters worse is that I don't play PSO2 es, outside from buying AC for 30-Day Premium. Once you're done using that Prestigious-Protection Yamigarasu, would you mind if I borrowed it every once in awhile? I promise that I'll bring it back in the same pristine condition that you've gave it to me
    Wish I could let you, but you know, untradeable 13*s and all. Plus it has Soul Receptor SAF, which means I need to hold onto it for affixing purposes.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]