Page 553 of 576 FirstFirst ... 53453503543550551552553554555556563 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 5755

Its been a while. How much of an ATK boost and crit boost is released katana gear? I want to keep a good idea in my head since the gear release ring went from being garbo to really damn strong.

So Yamato finally blessed me with a Kazami-no-tachi and so I decided to give it to one of my characters (since they had Dex Mag) and play Br on that Chara.
    I am a complete Br noob though. From watching Solo PD runs I picked up some tricks (like holding Kazan-nadeshiko-0 to restore gear) but what else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    So Yamato finally blessed me with a Kazami-no-tachi and so I decided to give it to one of my characters (since they had Dex Mag) and play Br on that Chara.
    I am a complete Br noob though. From watching Solo PD runs I picked up some tricks (like holding Kazan-nadeshiko-0 to restore gear) but what else is there?
    Don't throw the gear release ring into the volcano.
    Combo sakura 0 and gekka.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Its been a while. How much of an ATK boost and crit boost is released katana gear? I want to keep a good idea in my head since the gear release ring went from being garbo to really damn strong.
    30% atk boost excluding weapon attack power, your affix included and +50% crit chance

Hey all. Looking for some advice on L/Rings if anyone has the time to spare. I've been out of the game for a while, so I'm not sure on some things.

I'm currently thinking about these 5 rings: Gear Guard Release, Step Jump, Air Reversal, Jumping Dodge and Katana Combat Count.

I'm planning to slot Step Jump and Air Reversal since those can stay at level 1 and still be 100% effective, but I'm wondering about the 3rd slot. I'm thinking either Jumping Dodge or Gear Guard Release, but I don't want to spend the resources to level it up to 20 if I'm just gonna replace the unit later on. With that in mind, I know I want Jumping Dodge at 20 because of the cool down reduction, but I'm not sure if I really need Gear Guard Release at level 20. I'm using an Atra katana with the S4, so I don't really have any issues with building up and maintaining Katana Gear - I'm mainly interested in the manual activation of it and that's not affected by the level AFAIK.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Is the only benefit of Gear Guard Release level 1 vs level 20 the % of gear accumulation? If so, I might just leave it at level 1 and slot that into my unit, so I don't have to spend the mats/grinders or meseta on a level 20 version.

2. Are there still negatives tied to activating gear this way? IIRC, when the ring was first introduced, it drained your gear much faster and made it harder to keep it up. Is this still true and if so, how does it interact with the Atra katana's S4?

Thanks for any and all answers!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCracker View Post
    Hey all. Looking for some advice on L/Rings if anyone has the time to spare. I've been out of the game for a while, so I'm not sure on some things.

I'm currently thinking about these 5 rings: Gear Guard Release, Step Jump, Air Reversal, Jumping Dodge and Katana Combat Count.

I'm planning to slot Step Jump and Air Reversal since those can stay at level 1 and still be 100% effective, but I'm wondering about the 3rd slot. I'm thinking either Jumping Dodge or Gear Guard Release, but I don't want to spend the resources to level it up to 20 if I'm just gonna replace the unit later on. With that in mind, I know I want Jumping Dodge at 20 because of the cool down reduction, but I'm not sure if I really need Gear Guard Release at level 20. I'm using an Atra katana with the S4, so I don't really have any issues with building up and maintaining Katana Gear - I'm mainly interested in the manual activation of it and that's not affected by the level AFAIK.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Is the only benefit of Gear Guard Release level 1 vs level 20 the % of gear accumulation? If so, I might just leave it at level 1 and slot that into my unit, so I don't have to spend the mats/grinders or meseta on a level 20 version.

2. Are there still negatives tied to activating gear this way? IIRC, when the ring was first introduced, it drained your gear much faster and made it harder to keep it up. Is this still true and if so, how does it interact with the Atra katana's S4?

Thanks for any and all answers!
    Answering both questions at once lol.

You'd better level it mainly because gear drain is still really fast, even with Atra/Kazami gear save properties (they do influence the gear release). The extra gear you get can make the difference between keeping Katana gear up by a hair and losing it altogether in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Answering both questions at once lol.

You'd better level it mainly because gear drain is still really fast, even with Atra/Kazami gear save properties (they do influence the gear release). The extra gear you get can make the difference between keeping Katana gear up by a hair and losing it altogether in some situations.
    TL;DR below

Hm, still on the fence about the Gear Guard Release ring to be honest. Now I'm not even sure I want it because I feel like the 3s manual activation & added baggage of faster gear drain isn't worth a whole ring when I basically have 100% uptime of Katana Gear after a single Just Guard with Atra's S4. Basically, I'm looking at these two scenarios' pros and cons and finding it hard to vouch for that ring:

Scenario 1: Atra S4 w/ Gear Guard Release
    +Can manually activate gear after 3s
    +Increased gear accumulation
    -Gear drain is still really fast based on what you're saying

Scenario 2: Atra S4 w/o Gear Guard Release
    +Gear drain is VERY slow - basically infinite unless you die or purposely stop fighting
    -Requires a Just Guard to activate katana gear

With that in mind, the benefit of Gear Accumulation w/ the ring is much less pronounced because the gear drain is so slow w/ Just Guard activation & the S4 that I basically don't even notice my gear gauge any more after the first activation, so the increased gear accumulation doesn't really look that great in my eyes (assuming that I'm still using the Atra S4. If I ever swapped weapons, I'd probably reconsider).

So for me, it comes down to having a manual activation method tied to the sinking rock that is faster gear drain VS having to Just Guard to activate it, but not having to worry about maintaining it because of how slow it drains. I'm just finding it really hard to justify grinding/purchasing a level 20 Gear Guard Release ring when it provides the benefit of manual activation, but I have to still worry about maintaining it. I guess it'll come down to how fast gear drains even with the S4 and if manual VS Just Guarding 1 time really makes a huge difference in the long run.

I hope I'm not missing an obvious benefit of the ring or some other class mechanic that I'm not aware of.

Thanks for your input! I'll think on it some more and maybe experiment with it. If anyone else is able to chip in on this concern of mine, I'd really appreciate it.

TL;DR: How fast is Gear Guard Release + Atra S4 gear drain and do I have to worry about maintenance compared to going without the ring and still using the Atra S4? Thanks!
    Last edited by WhiteCracker; Apr 16, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

TL;DR below

Hm, still on the fence about the Gear Guard Release ring to be honest. Now I'm not even sure I want it because I feel like the 3s manual activation & added baggage of faster gear drain isn't worth a whole ring when I basically have 100% uptime of Katana Gear after a single Just Guard with Atra's S4. Basically, I'm looking at these two scenarios' pros and cons and finding it hard to vouch for that ring:

Scenario 1: Atra S4 w/ Gear Guard Release
    +Can manually activate gear after 3s
    +Increased gear accumulation
    -Gear drain is still really fast based on what you're saying

Scenario 2: Atra S4 w/o Gear Guard Release
    +Gear drain is VERY slow - basically infinite unless you die or purposely stop fighting
    -Requires a Just Guard to activate katana gear

With that in mind, the benefit of Gear Accumulation w/ the ring is much less pronounced because the gear drain is so slow w/ Just Guard activation & the S4 that I basically don't even notice my gear gauge any more after the first activation, so the increased gear accumulation doesn't really look that great in my eyes (assuming that I'm still using the Atra S4. If I ever swapped weapons, I'd probably reconsider).

So for me, it comes down to having a manual activation method tied to the sinking rock that is faster gear drain VS having to Just Guard to activate it, but not having to worry about maintaining it because of how slow it drains. I'm just finding it really hard to justify grinding/purchasing a level 20 Gear Guard Release ring when it provides the benefit of manual activation, but I have to still worry about maintaining it. I guess it'll come down to how fast gear drains even with the S4 and if manual VS Just Guarding 1 time really makes a huge difference in the long run.

I hope I'm not missing an obvious benefit of the ring or some other class mechanic that I'm not aware of.

Thanks for your input! I'll think on it some more and maybe experiment with it. If anyone else is able to chip in on this concern of mine, I'd really appreciate it.

TL;DR: How fast is Gear Guard Release + Atra S4 gear drain and do I have to worry about maintenance compared to going without the ring and still using the Atra S4? Thanks!
    Well I should have added that Gear guard release is definitely not a main ring, and more something you swap in and out depending on content. Its only goal is to make it easier to get gear fast in heavy mobbing content (notably tower defense style quests, seasonals and the likes). Main draw of the ring here is that you don't have to run aimlessly at mobs and hope they live long enough to let you counter them, or be forced to wait for a boss or mini-boss to get a counter in. Naturally, it's literally useless on raids or boss-heavy content since you don't encounter that kind of problem here

Additionally, the spawns are often scattered/delayed in this type of quest, so maxing the ring is worthwhile since it's nice to max your gear even if only a few mobs are left to have enough to go from spawn to spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Well I should have added that Gear guard release is definitely not a main ring, and more something you swap in and out depending on content. Its only goal is to make it easier to get gear fast in heavy mobbing content (notably tower defense style quests, seasonals and the likes). Main draw of the ring here is that you don't have to run aimlessly at mobs and hope they live long enough to let you counter them, or be forced to wait for a boss or mini-boss to get a counter in. Naturally, it's literally useless on raids or boss-heavy content since you don't encounter that kind of problem here

Additionally, the spawns are often scattered/delayed in this type of quest, so maxing the ring is worthwhile since it's nice to max your gear even if only a few mobs are left to have enough to go from spawn to spawn.
    I'll probably pick it up, try it out, and decide from there. I'm leaning towards leaving it out, but I might just slot it as my 3rd unit ring for when I need it for situations like that (that and I don't see many alternative rings to use). Definitely see the use case - just feel like I won't get enough mileage out of it because I'm usually able to maintain gear for entire missions even during downtime or ones with paltry amounts of mobs (thanks to Kazan T0 and the slow drain) and I don't really have any issue with triggering Just Guard when I need to activate. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind once I get my hands on it and try it out for myself.

Appreciate the elaboration!

*snip*
    Just to clarify something, as of February 21st, 2018, the Gear Guard Ring no longer increases Gear drain rate. Its only disadvantages are that it does require you to hold your guard for 3 seconds, and if you have it equipped and it is under +11, then even if you release Katana Gear through a counter, you still are subject to its reduced Gear increase.