Page 16 of 576 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666116516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    "Limit Break"

Fighters what the hell are you doing :C
    Wait whats wrong with limit break? Seems like it could be ok....

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    Snatch Step and Step Attack are separate.

._. It looks like the Braver's skill tree will be a complete mess.
    Spent some time looking at its files. The initial release doesn't have a couple of skills that Agrajag found, so they're going to be expanding upon the trees again in October or so.

The files are pretty much listing skills by line, from left to right, then next line, from left to right, etc. I can't read the actual pre-requisite lines since that stuff's encrypted, but if you go with your gut feeling a bit you can actually sort of imagine what the tree will be looking like.

Braver's file lists the following:
    Spoiler!

Description of the tree (or well, how I assume the tree will look):
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandread View Post
    Spent some time looking at its files. The initial release doesn't have a couple of skills that Agrajag found, so they're going to be expanding upon the trees again in October or so.

The files are pretty much listing skills by line, from left to right, then next line, from left to right, etc. I can't read the actual pre-requisite lines since that stuff's encrypted, but if you go with your gut feeling a bit you can actually sort of imagine what the tree will be looking like.

Braver's file lists the following:
    Spoiler!

Description of the tree (or well, how I assume the tree will look):
    Spoiler!
    I've already added all the braver skills to OP already.

Sig by Gama

Didn't post it for the skills, posted it for the skilltree make-up for Rien.
    Too lazy to go Photoshop and PSD the tree together.

I wonder what average stance is even meant to be. It sounds like just a flat damage boost, a bit lower than weak stance but also more consistent.

While I've been asking for melee bonus damage on weak spots, I'm worried heads will not be counted as weak spots for melee - just for guns - meaning most enemies won't have weak spots melee can make use of. This would essentially make it a wasted 20 sp on everything but bosses and a small handful of enemies, such as king yedes, rongos, gilnas, stuff like that. This is why I always wanted to combine weak bonus and breakable bonus, although I never much expanded on it because it's not like it would be implemented (oh wait).

Interestingly, breakable bonus is on the way for hunter in the form of a 10% damage boost, which is such a useless boost that unless it's directly below fury combo up and we never get more than 10 sp again nobody should get it over fury stance up 2.

Well it'll be more useful for bows, but not entirely worthless for katana or Hu/Fi weapons.

And if the Charge skills work for Techs, Braver could be a good Force sub. 146% from Average Stance and Charge, and 173% in Weak with Charge.

But they probably won't, and Fighter gets Brave/Wise Up 2 anyway.

Yeah, the question on that is when. I'm going to miss chase bind from fighter, but if they get more stance ups soon and chase advance 2 (yes this is listed, yes it's another 40% oh god) it's going to be a serious contender for best melee sub.

And correction, just noticed BreakMaster is actually on Fighter. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I wonder what average stance is even meant to be. It sounds like just a flat damage boost, a bit lower than weak stance but also more consistent.
    I'm thinking it's just intended like Fury Stance without a drawback.

Weak Stance I believe is part of the RATK side of the skilltree. Trash is something that has weak spots mostly just for RATK based attacks as you pointed out.
    So, probably, Bravers with a bow as main weapon can run Weak Stance almost exclusively, while Bravers with a katana as main weapon are likely to run Average Stance almost exclusively.

You'd probably end up using both on bosses regardless of your main weapon type, I guess.

I've been playing around a bit with the skilltree how I think it's going to be (few posts back has it in text form), and I have to say I can kinda see how it's for both new and expert players. Sort of. Maybe not in terms of skilltree design, but how/when the skills are used.

Yeah, a boost like Fury Stance - except the penalty is not having the higher damage of Weak Stance on weak points.

This is important. Why? Because the bonuses are not actually that high. In contrast, on hunter you not only have an actual penalty on your stances but you also have to forego the other stance's bonuses. The penalty has been reduced to near insignificance after the change to % bonuses, but it's still there.

Yeah, I agree on the placement. It sounds like these are stances meant for each side of the tree, and also meant to work with the other side's weapon but not to the degree that it benefits its own intended weapon. This is actually exactly what I asked for. This and 90% of everything I've ever asked for is on that skill list. This is getting spooky.

All the races when maining BR seem to be able to wear at least one *10 armor.

EDIT: Er..dewmans gonna have a problem equipping the *10 units. >_>
    EDIT2: Dewmans can't equip any *10 units if maining BR lol.
    Last edited by Coatl; Jul 6, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.