Page 2 of 576 FirstFirst 123451252102502 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Why would weak stance be restricted from katanas?
    if sega wants you to specialize in katana or bow and not both.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

That doesn't mean weak stance should be restricted, it just means other multipliers should be restricted.

If anything they ought to be PROMOTING melee hitting weak points for nicer gains, since right now you just make sure they're facing the right way and swing away (and that's assuming you even have fighter in the mix).

Lol, imagine if the tree is split between Katana or Bow.

It's like a one weapon class instead of 2.

Imagine? I think everyone expects them to do exactly that.

Take HU tree - turn fury branch into katana branch (and remove ratk bonuses), turn tank branch into bow branch (with better multipliers than the katana branch).

Bam. My expectations for braver.

i dont get whats so wrong about that,unless this community really hates the idea of specializing that much.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Sort of defeats the purpose of the class being able to use two weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Might as well have two new classes that each have only one new weapon

Well if the weapons with specialization scales well and holds it's own niche it would not be terrible but this is Sega expect a train wreck on the level of the xbone.

Nothing is fundamentally wrong with specializing IF it's done well. DFO did that well silvermoons when they picked their weapon and speced into is their skills changed with them. They both had their own strengths and weaknesses.

It could build class diversity but this is Sega. So no specialization unless they actually test is it and make it work. (This game needs public test server)

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    i dont get whats so wrong about that,unless this community really hates the idea of specializing that much.
    Specialization is good when done properly. It will allow you to do other things to mediocre degrees, but not as effectively as your spec. In this game, however, specialization is usually more than doubled effectiveness, leaving everything else at essentially zero performance. FO handles specialization fairly well - if you don't spec in an element you merely lose out on 44% extra damage, while gaining 21%-33% in all elements (more with WHA for techer). But HU? You can't tank worth a god damn if you don't invest in tanking, and if you don't bump up fury stance your damage suffers pretty noticeably.

When it's to the exclusion of the other ability, it promotes picking one or the other. When you pick one or the other, at the expense of real money to pick both, most pick the best or most versatile one. When most players pick just one thing, that one thing gets the most attention if the company is bad.

Supporting evidence: Race & gender chosen for new costumes, class balance, etc.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jun 18, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

The reason I dislike the whole split thing, is because one way will probably be clearly better then the other. I want to spec for bows, but if their side of the tree straight up sucks that will be disappointing.

But weak stance looks promising. Though it continues the emphasis on BIG NUMBERS on weak spots.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)