Page 24 of 576 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474124524 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Ah yes, but still it doesn't count as a lower max HP, even temporarily, since their HP is clearly missing.
    That did have me uncertain. I was thinking that, at the time, Photon Flare may simply not have provided any visual indication of the max HP reduction. As far as I know, Photon Flare was always a temporary HP reduction, and that video indicates that either there was no visual for the reduction, or the HP was flat out subtracted from the player's health. If the latter, players would be able to simply heal off the HP lost from Photon Flare after triggering it, making this downside kind of moot, so I'm inclined to believe that it simply had no visual indication of their max HP being reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    The way you said it made it sound like is if you used it and your hp was reduced because of the skill then a FO could just heal you while you're still using photon flare.
    1) I said nothing about a Force.
    2) I said nothing about healing actually recovering health.
    3) It makes no sense to believe that's what I was talking about if you knew how Photon Flare worked.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jul 8, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    1) I said nothing about a Force.
    2) I said nothing about healing actually recovering health.
    3) It makes no sense to believe that's what I was talking about if you knew how Photon Flare worked.
    1: You said if it worked like photon flare even going as far as saying IF you get healed implying a force would be around to heal you this also implies to you number 2 comment so imma skip that.

3: I know about photon flare tyvm.

Again your post was just cryptic that is all.

Sig by Gama

There's any number of ways they could program it so that it counts one way for bonuses but is shown graphically another way. We can't really assume anything with regards to halfline and deadline skills until it comes out. Hell, they may even change how it works for this release just to make sure they do work, even if they wouldn't right now.

Funny it's Zenobia calling someone out on being cryptic. But yeah, getting healed carries the connotation that your health is restored.

It would be clearer if you had said "try to heal" or mention that you can only heal up to your lower max HP, but in doing so prevents the skill from reverting your HP back to your actual max HP once it's over.

Actually here's another video I found:

In it you can see a Force using Photon Flare starting from less than max HP. Once the duration elapses, their HP returns to exactly the amount they had when they activated the skill.

Now to look for someone trying to heal themself during the thing.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jul 8, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Oh hush Unlucky you're pretty brain dead yourself 8D. You have your moments.

Sig by Gama

So what other skills seem relevant for Braver?

I'm thinking of investing in an elder set for Br/Ra or Br/Hu with gunslash. Stigma also seems like a good affix since they convert dex into damage.

So many wild cards but I'm trying to think of how they might fit into the current meta. With our current tools like additional bullet.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

1: You said if it worked like photon flare even going as far as saying IF you get healed implying a force would be around to heal you
    Mono/Di/Trimates, Mag abilities, HP draining effects, those healing devices stationed near boss arenas...a Force is not necessary to have access to healing.

3: I know about photon flare tyvm.
    So you were assuming I didn't. OK then.

But yeah, getting healed carries the connotation that your health is restored.

It would be clearer if you had said "try to heal" or mention that you can only heal up to your lower max HP, but in doing so prevents the skill from reverting your HP back to your actual max HP once it's over.
    Honestly, I thought it would have been a logical connection to make given the information provided, but evidently not. I assumed that I wouldn't be misinterpreted based on the knowledge that the implication of my post was a known impossibility, and that I couldn't be talking about healing HP "lost" during Photon Flare, and thus was not talking about actual restoration of HP, but I was mistaken. For that, I apologize.

Actually here's another video I found:
    PSO2 Damage Test - YouTube

In it you can see a Force using Photon Flare starting from less than max HP. Once the duration elapses, their HP returns to exactly the amount they had when they activated the skill.
    OK, yeah, they definitely did some visual touching up since then. Just look at that person's PP gauge whenever they use a tech. Nowadays, the PP is instantly subtracted instead of having the consumed portion change color before emptying. It looks pretty sloppy, glad they changed that. I'm inclined to believe Photon Flare has undergone visual changes and has the same visual indication as PP Convert, but I can't test that right now without expending a skill tree reset ticket, and I don't have any to spare right now. All of my posts talking about Photon Flare have been under the assumption that it works identically to PP Convert (besides the obvious difference between the beneficial effects). If it does function differently, then things change.

Hmmm?
    BR/RA wouldn't be able to equip vardha unit?
    Or suppose the same for BR/HU and Ragne
    And just for example purpose I'll just say dewman
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

My only concern now is what would be the perfect mag build for this Race even with the skills it has and what we know. I dunno if doing a split in between S atk and R atk is viable. I would most likely spec into s atk around the 100+ then maybe spec the last 75 into R atk?

Mehh if anything I might just go all S atk
    Last edited by Zenobia; Jul 9, 2013 at 06:49 AM.

Sig by Gama

My only concern now is what would be the perfect mag build for this Class even with the skills it has and what we know. I dunno if doign a split in between S atk and R atk is viable. I would most likely spec into s atk around the 100+ then maybe spec the last 75 into R atk?

Mehh if anything I might just go all S atk
    What we do know about the class is that you can't spec into both weapons unless you decide to ignore stances.