Page 520 of 576 FirstFirst ... 20420470510517518519520521522523530570 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by MachX16 View Post
    Hi, this is my first post so excuse me if I make any mistakes please :]

I wanted to know if anyone could recommend items/skills/photon arts I should have on my pallets for my Katana and Bow, and if you could also name some combos for both the Katana and Bow that'd be helpful.

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Also could you add skill rings as well?
    Unit wise probably progress from Hiei->Saiki->Austere/Orbit depending on what stage of the game you are on and how much resources you are willing to give to your Br/Hu. Weapon wise you could go from Red Katana pot1 ext9+ -> Yamigurasu hidden pot/Ray -> Austere, with a Red Bow pot1 ext9+ -> Orbit.
    Here is a very typical skill tree, there isn't much wiggle room, but you could give up 1 point in rapid shoot up and 1 point in katana gear boost for counter edge and counter bonus if you feel comfortable countering a lot.
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

Use Guren Tessen to chase mobs and some sort of guren dash to stay ahead or keep up with the mpa (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...ash-info-(WIP)). Sakura Endo for beefier enemies. Hatou Rindo on bosses with big hitbox (bal rodos, odin, pd) but remember to step back twice instead of point blank hatous, since there is a peak for that hatou wave (hatou also builds katana combat hits very fast during bosses). Karan Kikyou for sh mobbing and build up hits for combat finisher on mobs in xh. Kazan Nadeshiko needs to be crafted to charge up pre-spawn to shotgun mobs, or charge up while bosses are invulnerable then deal damage when you can hit them again, kazan also recharges your katana gear while charging after crafting it. Hien Tsubaki can also be used to stack hits during katana combat, don't use this much personally.There is also the snatch->tsuki->gekka->normal attack combo for enemies that don't have a very big hit box and you are in katana combat, since it stacks up hits very fast for that stronger combat finisher. Fudou Kuchinashi only has use in XQ with stages that require status effect. Shunka Shunran has been nerfed quite hard at this point and with guren being here, it doesn't even have a place for slight aerial combat. Asagiri Rendan costs too much pp and I don't see anywhere it can be used.

For bow you are realistically only using Banish Arrow into 2x Kamikaze arrow, sometimes chase arrow.

If you are playing in 2-button style you should probably have 1 pallet of 3x guren, 1 pallet of 3x sakura, 1 pallet of 3x hatou, 1 of karan->kazan (crafted).
    3-button isn't limited by the 3x of 1 pa, but you need to find a comfortable place for your guard button.
    Both of the left katana rings aren't very helpful, short combat if you don't like the homing normal attack during it, but katana gear guard takes too long to activate and too hard to keep katana gear during it.
    For right ring R/Crit strike striking is very good, since you get a lot of crit during activated katana gear, otherwise go R/PK strike or R/PPC

Quote Originally Posted by millefeuille View Post
    Chemistry review! ...I did have to google cheat the eigenfunctions, though I might get a copy of the book if it really boils down to that.
    close enough. they're the wave function solutions of the Schrodinger equation for the hydrogen atom!

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    close enough. they're the wave function solutions of the Schrodinger equation for the hydrogen atom!

I will now go and shoot myself.

Quote Originally Posted by cnckoz View Post
    Unit wise probably progress from Hiei->Saiki->Austere/Orbit depending on what stage of the game you are on and how much resources you are willing to give to your Br/Hu. Weapon wise you could go from Red Katana pot1 ext9+ -> Yamigurasu hidden pot/Ray -> Austere, with a Red Bow pot1 ext9+ -> Orbit.
    Here is a very typical skill tree, there isn't much wiggle room, but you could give up 1 point in rapid shoot up and 1 point in katana gear boost for counter edge and counter bonus if you feel comfortable countering a lot.
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

Use Guren Tessen to chase mobs and some sort of guren dash to stay ahead or keep up with the mpa (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...ash-info-(WIP)). Sakura Endo for beefier enemies. Hatou Rindo on bosses with big hitbox (bal rodos, odin, pd) but remember to step back twice instead of point blank hatous, since there is a peak for that hatou wave (hatou also builds katana combat hits very fast during bosses). Karan Kikyou for sh mobbing and build up hits for combat finisher on mobs in xh. Kazan Nadeshiko needs to be crafted to charge up pre-spawn to shotgun mobs, or charge up while bosses are invulnerable then deal damage when you can hit them again, kazan also recharges your katana gear while charging after crafting it. Hien Tsubaki can also be used to stack hits during katana combat, don't use this much personally.There is also the snatch->tsuki->gekka->normal attack combo for enemies that don't have a very big hit box and you are in katana combat, since it stacks up hits very fast for that stronger combat finisher. Fudou Kuchinashi only has use in XQ with stages that require status effect. Shunka Shunran has been nerfed quite hard at this point and with guren being here, it doesn't even have a place for slight aerial combat. Asagiri Rendan costs too much pp and I don't see anywhere it can be used.

For bow you are realistically only using Banish Arrow into 2x Kamikaze arrow, sometimes chase arrow.

If you are playing in 2-button style you should probably have 1 pallet of 3x guren, 1 pallet of 3x sakura, 1 pallet of 3x hatou, 1 of karan->kazan (crafted).
    3-button isn't limited by the 3x of 1 pa, but you need to find a comfortable place for your guard button.
    Both of the left katana rings aren't very helpful, short combat if you don't like the homing normal attack during it, but katana gear guard takes too long to activate and too hard to keep katana gear during it.
    For right ring R/Crit strike striking is very good, since you get a lot of crit during activated katana gear, otherwise go R/PK strike or R/PPC
    Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it

Just going over my weapons again, and I'm taking another look at orbit bow. Mind you, I already have +35ed ray bow, and it's looking like orbit bow isn't worth my time or resources for that 3% damage gain at all (I'm using saiki units, and no plans to change to some rear and arm set + orbit legs if I did have orbit bow either)

So orbit's first potential, the pp regen seems a little overrated, no? I understand it's good when running from spawn to spawn, but outside of that, isn't it largely irrelevant compared to a few katana normals, especially with active gear, and maxed gear boost?

As for when it's drawn, it freezes pp regen, but increases the PP gain per arrow by 60%. The thing is, it looks like players recover ~6pp (orbit costs the player PP) naturally between charged normal shots, and ~9pp between charged rapid shots (if we're being generous, +~3pp total from orbit's bonus from normal attacks after the loss of ~9pp from natural regen). Then the arrows still need to hit, and we don't know how good that bullet bow homing ring coming next month will be. Meanwhile, orbit bow makes every banish combo 8pp cheaper.

Orbit bow really isn't worth it at this point with ray, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MachX16 View Post
    Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it
    They forgot to mention the killing bonus ring for mobbing. It's a must-have. I wouldn't bother with the crit strike ring as braver when there's perfect keeper.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jul 26, 2016 at 08:07 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Just going over my weapons again, and I'm taking another look at orbit bow. Mind you, I already have +35ed ray bow, and it's looking like orbit bow isn't worth my time or resources for that 3% damage gain at all (I'm using saiki units, and no plans to change to some rear and arm set + orbit legs if I did have orbit bow either)

So orbit's first potential, the pp regen seems a little overrated, no? I understand it's good when running from spawn to spawn, but outside of that, isn't it largely irrelevant compared to a few katana normals, especially with active gear, and maxed gear boost?

As for when it's drawn, it freezes pp regen, but increases the PP gain per arrow by 60%. The thing is, it looks like players recover ~6pp (orbit costs the player PP) naturally between charged normal shots, and ~9pp between charged rapid shots (if we're being generous, +~3pp total from orbit's bonus from normal attacks after the loss of ~9pp from natural regen). Then the arrows still need to hit, and we don't know how good that bullet bow homing ring coming next month will be. Meanwhile, orbit bow makes every banish combo 8pp cheaper.

Orbit bow really isn't worth it at this point with ray, is it?

They forgot to mention the killing bonus ring for mobbing. It's a must-have. I wouldn't bother with the crit strike ring as braver when there's perfect keeper.

you're mostly right, orbit is not an absolute necessity, but the sheathed pp regen is not overrated in the least, because of how rapid shoot PP recovery works. Arrows having travel time can make it hard to recover PP, especially against some faster bosses/ when rapid shoot is on coolddown and orbit solves that just with lobby action cancels between banish sequences (bow feels like you're always starving from PP so the cumulation of passive and normal recovery is more than welcome). At the end of the day . Orbit is just more flexible and slightly stronger, but Ray is perfectly fine, especially if you don't get your bow out too often.

How do I into bow?

Also what is the best DPS Katana PA, or should I just stick with lazytessen spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Imca View Post
    How do I into bow?
    Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Imca View Post
    Also what is the best DPS Katana PA, or should I just stick with lazytessen spam?
    It would technically be hatou, or some method of gekka spam, but both aren't as PP efficient guren tessen, and not that much more dps. Personally, I just forego gekka, and only typically hatou during KC

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Wat?
    Just not sure in the slightest how to use the bow effeciently, no idea what PA's to use nor where.

It would technically be hatou, or some method of gekka spam, but both aren't as PP efficient guren tessen, and not that much more dps. Personally, I just forego gekka, and only typically hatou during KC
    Sooo, there really isn't that much of better options?

What is a good build for a newer player that wants Katana as a main but a good strong Bow for ranged as well?

Im not sure if you can do both but I would rather do both than one. Also I have a 175 S Attack and 25 Dex mag currently.

Do I need a new Mag for a Braver Katana build, or if I went bow?

What mag should I have for a Braver?
    Last edited by AtheistPeace; Jul 31, 2016 at 02:07 AM.