Page 521 of 576 FirstFirst ... 21421471511518519520521522523524531571 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by Imca View Post
    Just not sure in the slightest how to use the bow effeciently, no idea what PA's to use nor where.
    If you're BR/HU : Banish arrow > Kamikaze arrow x 2. Banish is a PA that doesn't do damage but stick a little bomb where you aim it. This little thing will record every damage dealt to the enemy on which you stuck it for 3 seconds from the first hit you do to said enemy, and then explode and replicate all the damage you did during that window. So your goal is to squeeze as much damage as possible during that window, and kamikaze just does that.

Mastering banish combos come with practice but simple general rules are

- Always try to use Kamikaze arrow on weak points to get better damage (99% of the time, it's either heads or darker cores)

- you can use chase arrow before teleporter/ when boss is far away from you : you can store up to 3 arrows, and they will all hit
    automatically when you use a PA that deals damage (so here Kamikaze), giving you even more banish damage.

- If you stick banish arrow at a breakable part, and this part is broken before your sequence is complete, it disappears before exploding and you lose all that damage. Either aim the banish at a non-breakable part, or a part that nobody (including yourself) is attacking. Don't worry about the banish itself : as long as you don't attack the enemy with a banish stuck on it, the arrow will stay for a very long time, so you have plenty of time to re-aim and wait for an opportunity to do big damage.

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistPeace View Post
    What is a good build for a newer player that wants Katana as a main but a good strong Bow for ranged as well?

Im not sure if you can do both but I would rather do both than one. Also I have a 175 S Attack and 25 Dex mag currently.

Do I need a new Mag for a Braver Katana build, or if I went bow?

What mag should I have for a Braver?
    Your build is definitely hybrid BR/HU (which is the best way of playing BR btw), the tree has been linked here a gazillion times, so I'll let you search "skill tree" in the thread because I'm lazy and mean xD
    Your mag is prefectly fine for this build. DEX is kinda useles, but you'll be able to fix that with mag level downs at endgame if you're patient, and those 25 missing S-ATK aren't really an issue in the grand scheme of thing, so it's not urgent or anything
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 31, 2016 at 03:04 AM.

What should my go to PA be for Braver/Hunter.

I only have 3 Katana PAs atm, and a few bow PAs. But atm, clueless as to what I should go with.

Kanran-kikyou: very, very weak, but covers a huge area and knocks enemies down, useful if surrounded or if dealing with enemies with very low HP.

Kazan-nadeshiko Type 0 (remember to craft it): very strong if fully charged and hits top to bottom, so it takes care of enemies with a high weak spots easily. Excellent at dealing with mobs of small or large monsters alike. Charging it increases gear gauge, but only if it is activated.

Fudou-kuchinashi: extremely weak, but stuns all enemies around you. Definitely has its uses.

Guren-tessen: fast and moderately strong PA that will deal with small and medium-sized monsters with ease. Very useful if used in the air. Extremely easy to use, don't fall into the trap of spamming this PA and nothing else like nubs do.

Hien-tsubaki: deceptively strong if you are at the right range, quick and efficient PA.

Tsukimi-sazanka: extremely quick and decently strong. It will take care of small and medium creatures easily and helps take down aerial or high up targets.

Sakura-endo: one of the strongest 1v1 katana PAs, use against bosses when Hatou-rindou does not work.

Hatou-rindou: one of the strongest 1v1 PAs in the game; it penetrates enemies and hits multiple parts on its way, therefore it will destroy bosses with several parts to attack. Also deals more damage at longer ranges, so learn to position yourself.

I do not use Gekka-zakuro, Asagiri-rendan or Shunka-shunran, so maybe someone else can comment on them.
    Last edited by Hrith; Aug 14, 2016 at 07:06 AM.

Gekka-zakuro is a good PP efficient PA for DPS, doing Jump > Normal > Gekka on an enemy will sustain your PP for a long time. Gekka by itself has power comparable to just spamming Snatch > Sakura, but at a cheaper cost and requiring more input. Tsukimi > Gekka is stronger than Snatch > Sakura.

Shunka-shunran has the best DPP, but honestly, in any situation you'd using this, you'd just be using Guren.

Asagiri-rendan is just bad, again, in any situation you'd want to use this, you'd be better off using Guren.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Got an exact dps comparison for Tsukimi > gekka vs snatch > sakura?

Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Been reading through this forum, and it seems like Hybrid BR is much better than Full BBow BR. So, in saying that, should I restart my level 45 BR/25 Hunter since I was going for a full BBow build?
    I've got a level 82 R-Atk Mag and my skill build looks like this so far:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

EDIT: Sorry, I meant that I want to now make a Hybrid Braver, and is it possible to become one with my current mag and skill build or if I should just make a new character entirely.
    Last edited by Sphearow; Aug 15, 2016 at 06:26 AM.

You should get Weak Stance, not Average Stance. Attack Advance, Charge Shoot and Bullet Bow Charge Bonus are pretty high-priority skills, I would not get Rapid Shoot before them. Quick Mate is only one SP and makes a big difference.

I still would never play bow braver with hunter as a subclass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphearow View Post
    Been reading through this forum, and it seems like Hybrid BR is much better than Full BBow BR. So, in saying that, should I restart my level 45 BR/25 Hunter since I was going for a full BBow build?
    I've got a level 82 R-Atk Mag and my skill build looks like this so far:

BR/RA is downplayed a lot but it's a fairly decent combination for a pure bow build. The issue with it is that it's both very hard to play effectively, and needs a lot of gear and be versatile with your weapons to be able to mob correctly. Conversely, BR/HU just with a katana and HU skills can tear through any mob and still has access to bow.

BR/RA is superior to BR/HU for bossing, but BR/HU is superior for mobbing, and mobs are pretty much everywhere in this game, hence the relative superiority in the current meta. However having grenades and gravity point for crowd control, along with a sub launcher still gets the work done as long as you're using them correctly. And having access to weak bullet is always a plus for you or the mpa, especially if there is no RA or that RA is busy doing something else

If you really like bow I'd suggest you to to do a build with a versatile main class for ranged weapons (either RA/HU or GU/RA) just for the sake of levelling up without having to deal with bow inherent learning curve and heavier gearing. (you just need a good rifle and a launcher for the first, and a good TMG and placeholder rifle for the other). Then muster up your mesetas to make a pure bow build

If you want to go BR/HU, you'd better make a second character, purely focused on S-ATK, and up BR/HU from there
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 15, 2016 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post

If you really like bow I'd suggest you to to do a build with a versatile main class for ranged weapons (either RA/HU or GU/RA) just for the sake of levelling up without having to deal with bow inherent learning curve and heavier gearing. (you just need a good rifle and a launcher for the first, and a good TMG and placeholder rifle for the other). Then muster up your mesetas to make a pure bow build
    Thanks, I'll try Ra/Hu. If I do that, I can keep my current character since it already has an R-Atk Mag right? I'll just need to switch my Braver to a Ranger and level that up?

This would become my skill build if I were to switch to Ra/Hu since I already put some points into my Ranger. I didn't use any unnecessary skill points right?