Page 540 of 576 FirstFirst ... 40440490530537538539540541542543550 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 5755

On Brhu Gekka isn't as goods cause the need for ja slows it down until the dps isn't that great anymore.

Anyway, in case of a random boss I can fight any number of ways, Hatou as usually being very unreliable. Which pretty much means either Guren, uncrafted Sakura Endo or Type 0.

I get the feeling Type 0 is inferior to regular Sakura Endo. Because T0 has more dps but because it uses pp faster for slightly lower damage it feels like overall I would kill the boss faster with guren / uncrafted Sakura Endo. With T0 I end up refilling pp more often which overall means less damage. Same as burst damage, if you take the period of burst damage the dps is of course higher but that doesn't mean it automatically lets you kill the boss faster because the boss doesn't die from a single use the burst damage and in this case, the boss doesn't die just from the amount of Sakura Endo T0s I get when starting at full pp, I don't get around refilling pp and attacking more often.

That's where reading the situation comes in. For example, some bosses have stun phases based on a time limit (zesh), or a high damage cap with a time limit (solo PD) where it would be preferable to use sakura 0 if you have the pp to sustain it.

Honestly though, you should banish + kamikaze PD's core during solo.

Gekka is for following sakura 0. The dps of that combo is comparable to hatou spam, while getting as much damage out of the pp as sakura 0 spam (or even more if you choose to use tech arts pp save ring).

As for why I like sakura 0 over the normal version, I think I could use something you said to illustrate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Because T0 has more dps but because it uses pp faster for slightly lower damage it feels like overall I would kill the boss faster with guren / uncrafted Sakura Endo
    Guren's dps, and damage : pp is better than uncrafted sakura end. I only used uncrafted sakura end if guren's movement would mean missing a weak point. Otherwise, guren was always better

Sakura 0 brought something unique to the table (dps) on top of its precision.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you wanted to be PP efficient, you'd be using guren anyway. You may as well repurpose sakura end to have another use. This is why I believe people may as well craft sakura end, and try to make use of it. You lose nothing, but gain another option for hatou-levels of katana dps.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Mar 25, 2017 at 06:40 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I did some math for sustained dps combos (for example downed mother core, double legs, etc.)

sakura0 + gekka + 3rd normal - 1320 DPS, 85DPP, net pp cost of 28 (assuming +0pp sakura0)
    guren + guren + 3rd normal - 1027 DPS, 115PP, net pp cost of 28

That's a huge gap in sustained dps. I've since switched to sakura0 gekka normal and I like it lot.

Oh, I see. Thanks.
    But how do I get that 3rd normal? If I use Sakura0 + Gekka they replace the 1st and 2nd normal hit and the next normal attack (within the combo windo of course) will always be the 3rd?

Yep. You can guarantee it every time by either stepping into sakura0 or doing step attack before sakura0. It will always be 3rd normal.

Thanks again, I tried it out a bit and it's pretty easy to use.

Quick question . Is it work getting bullet bow charge bonus on a Br/Gu build?

Anyone else switch to using tech arts JA ring instead of PK for those times you have to fight bosses with a katana?

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Anyone else switch to using tech arts JA ring instead of PK for those times you have to fight bosses with a katana?
    yes, i prefer using it most of the time since it's pretty natural to swap PAs a lot even when mobbing. good for bow too

for BR Hybrid tree (Katana/Bow) on the Bow portion of the tree, is it better to go off on full R atk base dmg or Rapid Shoot Mastery enough? or possibly a mix? basically want to increase Kamikaze and Sharp Bomber T0 dmg but im mixed about which skill to max to get the most dmg without wasting a lot of Skill Resets