Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Help to improve contests/events

HEY GUYS!~

As some of you pointed out you got ideas how to handle community events better. That’s cool and actually something good to hear. I give you now here the chance to voice your opinion on it, how you would improve it or just an idea you had about events.
    I'm not the only person hosting events or contests so maybe you do not only help me but also others that plan on doing community events.

I know all of you have their own ideas and I do not want you to bash anyone else’s idea, keep it to constructive criticism or at least stay polite when you voice your disapproval. Most important is that we try to figure out a good way to handle things

This is a chance for us to work together so future contests and events can be done for the community. Though only because you voiced your opinion here it doesn't necessary mean it will be used in the next event, since its always up to the hosts to choose the rules they see fit for certain events. But nonetheless it’s a chance of your idea being heard!

I try to be real here, so it's up to you if you want to tell or not, but I can't promise anything.
    Last edited by TenebriS; Jun 21, 2013 at 07:25 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Mystery prizes.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Hmm the mystery box or 5000 AC? Tough choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Hmm the mystery box or 5000 AC? Tough choice.
    Welp this is actually funnier.

"AH FUCKIT I'LL TAKE THE MYSTERY BOX!!"

/dennys 10 dollar giftcard

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I think it will be very hard to come up with an idea that everybody can be happy with. There just aren't that many options.

The only thing I could come up with, is having a multiple choice poll, however people MUST vote for three people (if they only vote for one or two people, their votes won't count). This is of course a little time consuming, seeing as you have to check all the names that voted, but it is doable if people that are working on the event together (like the judges) all help out in the counting.

This way, you can ensure that more people will get votes and it will probably make it more balanced. Because in older multiple choice polls some people would still only vote once. So, this might be something to try and might actually work out for a more interesting and fairer poll!

Edit: Something that would also help, if people just appreciated the events more and all the money, time and work the event holders put into them. Understand that it is impossible to make everybody happy, and that the event holders are really trying their best they can, but they can't control everything. It really isn't easy to hold these events and it does take a lot of time, planning and effort. I really think people should be more grateful that there are users who do this for the community.
    While not everything might go the way you want it to, try not be disrespectful or mean to the event holders and those that participate (and win), because it is just frustrating for everybody and can be really discouraging to the people that hold these events.
    Last edited by redroses; Jun 21, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

instead of real monies prizes i'd rather see custom avatars prizes
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

i already gave my opinion to tene once, but aside from that, they need more rappy, more rappy everywhere, rappy juice, rappy steak rappy everything.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

In the perfect picture topic I suggested for people to write down the names of what they thing are the top 3 entries instead of a poll, but that would be harder to keep track of things for the organizers.

Personally, I think the contests are fine the way they are though and some people complain way too much... :|
    From the past contests (which is also going to happen with the perfect picture contest, right?), I especially like when the judges post every entry and give their opinions about each, it's nice to see all the entries, and the different opinions about them.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

When I did the fan-art contest back in 2010. We had two different winner trees:
    1. Judge decision agreement where they chose the top 3.
    2. User-voted whom they decided was the best 3.

We had alot of prizes back then so it was easy to seperate this out but since you're probably running this alone how about this:

You and your judge panel decide the top 3; when that is decided run a poll of all the entrants and the fan-base decide the 4th place winner. Like user choice prize (probably something smaller compared to 1st place). That way the entries that could perhaps DID deserve first place still gets that honor it deserves; and then the crowd favorite (but possibly not the best) could also win something as well.

I've always had my concern about fan-voting because of things of popularity and what not and we've tried to remove that issue before with anonymous entrants; but in terms of a snapshot it'd be dead giveaway for some users (see Sine, Olaf, myself etc)

tl;dr Your organizers decide the winners. The users decide the fan-favorite whom win their own small prize.

Lastly: Attack of the Rappy screenshot contest: best dynamic shot in a rappy suit = winner.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    In the perfect picture topic I suggested for people to write down the names of what they thing are the top 3 entries instead of a poll, but that would be harder to keep track of things for the organizers.

Personally, I think the contests are fine the way they are though and some people complain way too much... :|
    From the past contests (which is also going to happen with the perfect picture contest, right?), I especially like when the judges post every entry and give their opinions about each, it's nice to see all the entries, and the different opinions about them.
    i did the in the cast supremacy contest.

manny people didnt want to have their votes revealed so they pm'ed them to me.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.