Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Whenever putting up the voting don't say who did them, so people don't just vote for friends.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    Whenever putting up the voting don't say who did them, so people don't just vote for friends.
    Yeah I wouldn't know what my friends character would look like either if I was that dense.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

There is nothing wrong with the one vote poll. If someone votes for someone it'll be because that person is 1st on their list who should win. The only reason why it would be multiple vote is if you are showing placement, or for other reasons that aren't important. But polls do not work well because voting doesn't show placement value well.

I suggest leaving the poll up for 1st place. Then doing 2nd and 3rd place in comments/ps if you really want to. But I still think this is a HORRIBLE idea.

If you want it to be fun bring the stakes down and even out the playing filed. Ask yourself, do you really NEED to have a place value? If so I suggest dropping the 2nd and 3rd place. Then whoever passes the judges stage get something. It doesn't have to be AC. Anything from in game items to things that can be given out on pso-world. Heck you can even have a participation prize if you want more people!

PS: I'd think it would be nice to see all the entries too and what the judges think of them.
    Last edited by VANNO; Jun 21, 2013 at 09:05 AM.

Click on image or this for examples.
    PLAYER ID -12462545] [ TEAM - CRAPPYRAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    In the perfect picture topic I suggested for people to write down the names of what they thing are the top 3 entries instead of a poll, but that would be harder to keep track of things for the organizers.

Personally, I think the contests are fine the way they are though and some people complain way too much... :|
    From the past contests (which is also going to happen with the perfect picture contest, right?), I especially like when the judges post every entry and give their opinions about each, it's nice to see all the entries, and the different opinions about them.
    I like and support this.

Quote Originally Posted by VANNO View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the one vote poll. If someone votes for someone it'll be because that person is 1st on their list who should win. The only reason why it would be multiple vote is if you are showing placement, or for other reasons that aren't important. But polls do not work well because voting doesn't show placement value well.
    People vote for their friends.

This is the case for every contest / poll. It's not exactly a secret, and doesn't happen only here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    People vote for their friends.

This is the case for every contest / poll. It's not exactly a secret, and doesn't happen only here either.
    And that's the main problem.

We don't vote based on the picture we TRULY LIKE, we base it off to many things etc.

1: Oh He/She is my friend therefore He/She gets my vote.
    2: Oh He/She is from my team therefore I have to vote for Him/Her.
    3: I don't know any of those people up there but I know Him/Her.

That's where it all fails you act like you can't choose based on your personal preference or whom you truly think has the better pic. Pretty sure most if not all have pull some back market votes spreading the word trying to be as bias as possible. Many of you have probably been asked and didn't even bother to even give a second glance at the other peoples pictures because of such scenario.

Some act like they can't say no and say they are gonna choose the one that looks good to them because they think if they denied there friend/teammate they afraid they will be hated or w/e the case might be and if they do that to you....hey they aren't ya friend. They shouldn't get mad because you denied to vote for them and decided to go on your own judgement that's a smart Voter. You took your time to carefully look at everyone's pics meaning you gave all of them an equal look and chance therefore giving you the time to make your final judgement. Its just sad most don't think like this or do this and that's why some of these contest turn out the way they do to many people being ass kissers.

Sig by Gama

It doesn't matter how people choose their 1st place in these kinds of things. Every person has their own ways of judging a picture. It could be the stupidest thing that makes someone decided to vote for one person over another. That's something that the event holder knows ahead of time when they decide to let the community vote.

The thing I am saying is when it comes to voting someone will vote for another person because that person deserves 1st in their eyes. If friendship is the reason why someone should be first... so be it.

Click on image or this for examples.
    PLAYER ID -12462545] [ TEAM - CRAPPYRAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    instead of real monies prizes i'd rather see custom avatars prizes
    Would be something I like to do, and did in the past. Sadly those who are responsible of the custom avatar and the admin are not responding to any PMs currently.

Besides that there is not much to give as a prize, and webmoney is something I can provide and probably most of PSO2 players could use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    tl;dr Your organizers decide the winners. The users decide the fan-favorite whom win their own small prize.
    Something that seems like a good for some events, I will keep this in mind!

If you want it to be fun bring the stakes down and even out the playing filed. Ask yourself, do you really NEED to have a place value? If so I suggest dropping the 2nd and 3rd place. Then whoever passes the judges stage get something. It doesn't have to be AC. Anything from in game items to things that can be given out on pso-world. Heck you can even have a participation prize if you want more people!
    There we get a little problem, ingame items would mean the winner needs premium to be able to trade things and not everybody is ahving premium.
    For things on PSO-World the only thing I could think of would be a custom avatar, tho there are 2 problems about it.
    1.) what I said before, currently the mods aren't answering.
    2.) I can't give out too much of these, sicne they are considered to be an exception on PSO-World they usually go as a first prize.

PS: I'd think it would be nice to see all the entries too and what the judges think of them.
    I usually do that every time so it covers my events, naturally I can't speak for my judges but as a host I will always do this. Besides a few exceptions that ask me not to do show them, but it's their own choice if they want or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    And that's the main problem.
    We don't vote based on the picture we TRULY LIKE, we base it off to many things etc.
    1: Oh He/She is my friend therefore He/She gets my vote.
    2: Oh He/She is from my team therefore I have to vote for Him/Her.
    3: I don't know any of those people up there but I know Him/Her.
    Now tell me how to solve this and I would be really glad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    Lastly: Attack of the Rappy screenshot contest: best dynamic shot in a rappy suit = winner.
    Noted, thanks for the idea.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redroses View Post
    Edit: Something that would also help, if people just appreciated the events more and all the money, time and work the event holders put into them. Understand that it is impossible to make everybody happy, and that the event holders are really trying their best they can, but they can't control everything. It really isn't easy to hold these events and it does take a lot of time, planning and effort. I really think people should be more grateful that there are users who do this for the community.
    While not everything might go the way you want it to, try not be disrespectful or mean to the event holders and those that participate (and win), because it is just frustrating for everybody and can be really discouraging to the people that hold these events.
    This is basically all that people need to keep in their head and you don't even need topics like this.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    This is basically all that people need to keep in their head and you don't even need topics like this.
    It's really nice for you to say so, and also what you quoted of redroses, but I thought of this topic as some way to communicate with each other and exchanging ideas.
    I am proud of all my events and think I did them the best I could and I do not regret a single one. But only because I think they were good it doesn't necessary mean they were that good for others.

This topic was meant to collect some ideas I can work with, and maybe others can work with too. It won't be new rules only because it's been said in here but a possibility to see another point of view and benefit of it.

After all I want to do these events and contest for the community so I have to find out if they like my events and if they know ways to improve them for everyone.