Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TenebriS View Post

There we get a little problem, ingame items would mean the winner needs premium to be able to trade things and not everybody is having premium.
    For things on PSO-World the only thing I could think of would be a custom avatar, tho there are 2 problems about it.
    1.) what I said before, currently the mods aren't answering.
    2.) I can't give out too much of these, sicne they are considered to be an exception on PSO-World they uually go as a first prize.
    No one needs to have to have premium. It's all about being creatively poor and time my friend. Things like one free taco/aq run. It could even be items like trimates or moons. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. If they have a shop maybe buy an item worth 100k. You could even sell those 1k tickets/items.

as for ideas on PSO-world. I was thinking custom signatures like "top 10 on ___ event" It could either be drawings or a chance to help judge the next contest.

PS: Though people may not say it. I'm sure everyone appreciates the events.
    Last edited by VANNO; Jun 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

Click on image or this for examples.
    PLAYER ID -12462545] [ TEAM - CRAPPYRAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by VANNO View Post
    No one needs to have to have premium. It's all about being creatively poor and time my friend. Things like one free taco/aq run. It could even be items like trimates or moons. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. If they have a shop maybe buy an item worth 100k. You could even sell those 1k tickets/items.

as for ideas on PSO-world. I was thinking custom signatures like "top 10 on ___ event" It could either be drawings or a chance to help judge the next contest.

PS: Though people may not say it. I'm sure everyone appreciates the events.
    The AQ/TACO ideas are somethign I can do (I just never did much of the TACOs ever so I better organize help for it rather than help myself xD)
    The shop idea is also a neat idea for those who have a 1 day premium or a shop pass left and can be discussed with the winner afterwards.

Since im not a very talented person the signature idea is great but I would have to get some help there.
    It's only a matter of organizing it all up ahead and getting the right people.

About the help in next event, I'm always up for new ideas and I like working with other people, but I'm not sure if beeing a judge is that much of an exciting job. xD

and about your PS, thanks for saying so! I know that a lot of people appreciate them and I'm always glad to hear it because that means I got my job done properly!

I say costumes and or accessories let that be the prize for the top 3 ofc 1 place gets to have the first pick and they would just buy it from your shop in game. We already know majority buy costumes and this can work good for the casuals.

For those that participated but didn't make the cut it can range from grinders to to full protects pretty anything being of importance and can be used.

Sig by Gama

I often thought about having item prizes for events, however item prizes in this game are such a hassle, because you have to factor in so many things (does the person have premium, or access to their room, or will somebody snatch the items away I am trying to sell them cheap (with accessories/clothes you also have to check if they are fair prizes for male and female characters) etc.) which is quite troublesome.

I always thought the AC prizes were very good as everybody can use them and use them just how they need to. It is also much easier for the event holder to give out these goods and much easier for people to donate for events.

Hm, giving out Extreme Quest runs as a prize might be a good idea for some events? The winner could get Extreme Quests in worth of a full run, second in worth of 4 and third gets 2 or something like that.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Some other stuff I could think of in terms of prizes are art prizes, like we had for one event. But, problem with that is, that artists are people too, and can't always be available to do work when you need them to. You'd also have to find one willing and able to lend their skills, which can also be hard.

I think real life prizes would be fun, too. But, there's the issues of postage (what if someone from New Zealand wins and you need to ship it from New York City? Ouch, that's a lot of postage money). There's also the issue of privacy, like if the winner isn't comfortable giving out their address, etc.

But, yes, also please remember that PSO2, as a game, has limited options as to what it would allow people to make a contest out of. Understand that there's a limited amount that the people who host these events can actually do.

I think it's very important to stop and realize that, even though the events are all somewhat similar, someone still took the effort to draw it up and plan it, and that prizes are 'only AC', but someone still cared enough about the community to pay for it.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Some other stuff I could think of in terms of prizes are art prizes, like we had for one event. But, problem with that is, that artists are people too, and can't always be available to do work when you need them to. You'd also have to find one willing and able to lend their skills, which can also be hard.

I think real life prizes would be fun, too. But, there's the issues of postage (what if someone from New Zealand wins and you need to ship it from New York City? Ouch, that's a lot of postage money). There's also the issue of privacy, like if the winner isn't comfortable giving out their address, etc.

But, yes, also please remember that PSO2, as a game, has limited options as to what it would allow people to make a contest out of. Understand that there's a limited amount that the people who host these events can actually do.

I think it's very important to stop and realize that, even though the events are all somewhat similar, someone still took the effort to draw it up and plan it, and that prizes are 'only AC', but someone still cared enough about the community to pay for it.
    :3 Its not like the old days where we can send items to anyone easily using a trade option.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    :3 Its not like the old days where we can send items to anyone easily using a trade option.
    mini room + Pre Boxes ?

Anyway i have an idea, how about some events that are in game (quiz shows, dance offs, musical chairs, races, ect)

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Dunno about that rappy suit thing. Not everyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinujou View Post
    mini room + Pre Boxes ?

Anyway i have an idea, how about some events that are in game (quiz shows, dance offs, musical chairs, races, ect)
    present boxes can only opened by people with premium set as far as I know

You don't have to be premium to open them, only to place them. Meseta and tradeable items (not 10*) can be placed in them.