Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default pso2.exe still running after I exit the game

Does this happen to anyone else? If I try ending the process a window pops up saying "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied."

This is when I exit the game normally.

*UPDATE*

Tried right clicking on pso2.exe in the Task Manager and clicking on "Show File Location"

Another window popped up saying something about memory and the game crashing. Then The process ended.

Ugh.

Sometimes, but it'll usually go away after a minute or two. If it doesn't go away you can just task manager and stop it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeik2006 View Post
    Sometimes, but it'll usually go away after a minute or two. If it doesn't go away you can just task manager and stop it that way.

OK. I realize now this is a common problem. Normally I would end the process via task manager but in this case it wont let me, and responds with "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied."

Anyway, I've found that if I log out first and then exit the game the pso2.exe wont stick around.

you can always exit it, pick in task manager "show all users processes" or w/e it is called in the english version of windows and kill off GameMon.des/GameMon64.des
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

it happen to me too and CPU usage overload, wasn't it this post suppose to be in Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus83 View Post
    it happen to me too and CPU usage overload, wasn't it this post suppose to be in Tech Support
    Yeah, I did make it in the wrong place I suppose. I just wanted to know if I was the only one or not.

run file checker problem slove

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post
    Yeah, I did make it in the wrong place I suppose. I just wanted to know if I was the only one or not.
    you are not the only one

This did happen to me yesterday. I thought it was so strange, especially since my computer was running slowly after quitting the game. I'm glad I stopped by the forums, and saw this ... I'll try logging out to title screen and then exiting next time I'm done with a session to see if that works.