Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I wanna play pso 2 but the file is too bloody big!

Any ideas on how to download pso 2 in a smaller file size i.e compressed?

Get someone else to download it for you.

仕方がないぞ

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Downloading is now also a problem?

a lot of other modern games with large files often use a type of torrent feature in the launcher, i mean i was able to download Tera's 22 GB install in less then 3 hours, but downloading the PSO2 install from SEGAC's server takes something like 13 hrs for like 8 GB (and it's always like 3 months behind patches)+^_^+ SEGAC has a lot of players, so i don't see why they can't patch in a torrent feature for downloading the initial game at least+^_^+ it won't stop bottle-necking at the clients side, but in most cases it'll be better then 350 kb/s +^_^+ well.... as Syklo says, it can't be helped (i think that's what he said? spelled a little different then i know with that ぞ in there)+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    a lot of other modern games with large files often use a type of torrent feature in the launcher, i mean i was able to download Tera's 22 GB install in less then 3 hours, but downloading the PSO2 install from SEGAC's server takes something like 13 hrs for like 8 GB (and it's always like 3 months behind patches)+^_^+ SEGAC has a lot of players, so i don't see why they can't patch in a torrent feature for downloading the initial game at least+^_^+ it won't stop bottle-necking at the clients side, but in most cases it'll be better then 350 kb/s +^_^+ well.... as Syklo says, it can't be helped (i think that's what he said? spelled a little different then i know with that ぞ in there)+^_^+
    That's because your downloading it from a Japan server..

Yeah even slower here because im downloading from a japan server to a computer in New Zealand!

Dude, I'm not far off; Australia, yo.

@others
    Realise/recall that some of us (myself included) have really crap internet plans; in my case: 12GB/month, max DL speed ~150KB/s.
    Yes, smaller than pso2 itself (when including initial download + follow up patches). Infact, if it weren't for my friend who downloaded it out of his own will (which is also why I'm on ship8, lol), I wouldn't be playing pso2, let alone be on this website.

I know there're ppl out there doing it worse than I am, but this is a reminder that you DO have alternative pathways.
    • Get a friend to get it for you
    • Use another institution's internet
    • Get better internet (I'm finally able to take this option soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    well.... as Syklo says, it can't be helped (i think that's what he said? spelled a little different then i know with that ぞ in there)+^_^+
    Oh......well, uh,
    仕方がねぇぞ
    Last edited by Syklo; Jul 1, 2013 at 01:50 AM.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

the zo is just for connotation

and i downloaded pso2 from florida, no biggie.

the game is just abnormally large for some reason lol

distance from New Zealand to Japan 5817.68 miles (9362.64 Kilometers)
    Distance from Wisconsin to Japan 6178.91 miles (9943.99 Kilometers)

'merica

*test taken from free jacked Hardee's restaurant internet a few blocks away via WiFi, i know the manager, is cool*

anyway, my point was that even at my distance and all the packet loss (two thirds 0.0), i can still download a lot faster then 350 Kb/s from Japan and torrent based client down-loaders will max out any connections fast and slow considering the number of players+^_^+
    i also have a friend in New Zealand and i agree, treating land line internet like cell phone internet is a step backward in society+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jul 1, 2013 at 02:09 AM.

Unfortunately I do not have a good upload, otherwise I would have uploaded 12.3 GB (15000 + the files from the data folder) uploaded to my server.