Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Its not just you, believe it or not 1/214 drop rate in percents is less then 0.1 so im not surprised you haven't seen one yet, even if you kill over 214 doesn't mean one will drop. I was farming something with a similar drop rate and it took me 600 kills to get it. Sometimes you get lucky and get a lot no problem and sometimes it takes AWHILE. Just don't worry about it
    I figured that, but I was getting SO many of them from Ob lily's with the same percentage (and even a mothvert with a 1/1500 rate) that I was a bit suspicious. But I guess luck is luck.

Edit: an yeesh, let's hope I don't need to do 300 laps for a standstill or yas 2000h...
    Last edited by Ripsnort; Jul 5, 2013 at 07:13 AM.

You're unfortunately never guaranteed rares, ever. It's just highly likely you'll find them after a while.

They could've put in a little counter to see if you've past the average droprate by some amount, but they didn't so it's still a tossup in the end.

Good luck dude. Maybe break it up by searching for something else for a while, then come back after that?

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You're unfortunately never guaranteed rares, ever. It's just highly likely you'll find them after a while.

They could've put in a little counter to see if you've past the average droprate by some amount, but they didn't so it's still a tossup in the end.

Good luck dude. Maybe break it up by searching for something else for a while, then come back after that?
    I'm not really aggravated. By the time this run is finished (7 I should have killed about 2223 Merlans, just 1000 short of the drop rate. I'm expecting a Yas soon though- as I've surpassed the drop rate, but only recently. I can only get closer by continuing. I've also tended to get red boxes at the most unexpected moments, so I'm just waiting for one to come out of the blue. That being said, those damn Arlans still haven't given me a Justy. Not that I mind...

Edit: I have the funniest luck. I run into a Giant Love rappy, the chance of which is in the 10,000s... perfect. Another God Luck to add to my tally...

Edit2: THERE WE GO! A Yas-2000H just popped up. Totally inspired, and going for the Standstill!
    Last edited by Ripsnort; Jul 5, 2013 at 08:45 AM.

Gentlemen, It is my pleasure to announce that after 85 draining, arduous runs of the long, haggard, repetitive, uninspired map Vr Temple, I finally got it.

A Justy from an Arlan.
    Last edited by Ripsnort; Jul 5, 2013 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripsnort View Post
    I'm not really aggravated. By the time this run is finished (7 I should have killed about 2223 Merlans, just 1000 short of the drop rate. I'm expecting a Yas soon though- as I've surpassed the drop rate, but only recently. I can only get closer by continuing. I've also tended to get red boxes at the most unexpected moments, so I'm just waiting for one to come out of the blue. That being said, those damn Arlans still haven't given me a Justy. Not that I mind...

Edit: I have the funniest luck. I run into a Giant Love rappy, the chance of which is in the 10,000s... perfect. Another God Luck to add to my tally...

Edit2: THERE WE GO! A Yas-2000H just popped up. Totally inspired, and going for the Standstill!
    Not bad, and lols rares are 1/512 in ultimate :P though I think the Hildetorr and rappy are more of 1/720 but idk for sure. also God Luck isn't really good :P depending on what class your playing like if your hunter like me I use God/Battle Cure/Slow, Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze.

I remember when I tried farming for the 2000H which I never got but it was tough. I also suggest a break from the Standstill Shield since you may be farming for awhile lol :P I remember farming Sinow Zoa for Anti Android Rifle ( took 1600 Zoa before it dropped or a hella lot of Seabed runs, I also got a Heaven Punisher first but that got lost in corruption :\ oh wells. )

Do you kill the Barbarous Ray at the end or just DC the field before you fight him?

Not bad, and lols rares are 1/512 in ultimate :P though I think the Hildetorr and rappy are more of 1/720 but idk for sure. also God Luck isn't really good :P depending on what class your playing like if your hunter like me I use God/Battle Cure/Slow, Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze.

I remember when I tried farming for the 2000H which I never got but it was tough. I also suggest a break from the Standstill Shield since you may be farming for awhile lol :P I remember farming Sinow Zoa for Anti Android Rifle ( took 1600 Zoa before it dropped or a hella lot of Seabed runs, I also got a Heaven Punisher first but that got lost in corruption :\ oh wells. )

Do you kill the Barbarous Ray at the end or just DC the field before you fight him?
    As far as the Rappy goes, its more that its BOTH big and rare (1/20 chance for being big times the 1/512 chance of it being rare = very rare.) Yeah, God Luck ain't very useful, except the one that I have equipped really makes a difference as far as crits go.

That really sucks about the Heaven punisher, I would flip if that kind of crap happened to me!

I dont kill Barba Ray, considering the only real point of fighting him is for exp.

Maybe I should take a break :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ripsnort View Post
    As far as the Rappy goes, its more that its BOTH big and rare (1/20 chance for being big times the 1/512 chance of it being rare = very rare.) Yeah, God Luck ain't very useful, except the one that I have equipped really makes a difference as far as crits go.

That really sucks about the Heaven punisher, I would flip if that kind of crap happened to me!

I dont kill Barba Ray, considering the only real point of fighting him is for exp.

Maybe I should take a break :/
    I only seen a small Love Rappy and meh I really had no use for the thing so I didn't really care lol plus I didn't know how rare it was att so oh wll :P anyway I think if you kill Barba you can't reset the field. Also good call

So now on about run 90. This isn't counting the runs I did BEFORE I started counting. I think we're coming around 2800 Merlans slain and this is an exciting statistic. Also the 2nd Arlan Justy has shown up, so the first one was definitely a spot of horrid luck.

Nice, glad it's working out then. Random is fun sometimes.

Its not just you, believe it or not 1/214 drop rate in percents is less then 0.1 so im not surprised you haven't seen one yet
    I don't disagree with the gist of your post at all, but.. 1/214 is well over 0.1 percent, even if it's still just 0.47%