Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default P S Portable 2 vs PSO2 (battle system)

Hello everyone!
    Is it just me or does someone else think that the battle system in Psp2 (haven't played the first) is better than the one in PSO2?
    Well, I find the dodging and the blocking in Psp2 better; in PSO2 you get damage when you are touched while dodging. And I got the feeling too, that you lose a lot of HP even in blocking position.
    Busy doing nothing...

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

PSO2 gameplay better, just a few mechanics are bullshit and balance is horrible.

Also do you mean PSP2? or PSP2 infinity? PSP2's balance was even worse... pretty much being everything outside of melee being garbage, weak damage and burns up PP all that being fixed in PSP2i I hear.

Also Jumping and monster hunter ripoff bosses.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I like PSP2 and all but lolno

PSO2 has better battle mechanics, IMO. The ability to jump, dodge cancel, and the sheer fast pace of it makes it pretty good. PSP2(i) felt relatively clunky to me.
    Ship 02

jumping makes me cringe
    all it adds is forces jumping like derps when casting
    like what haha oh wow
    also pso2 suffers from dumb shit like moving being generally faster than older games but doesn't fix range of supports techs to fix and even worse, adds a charge time for them, genius
    also LEL ANIMATION OF POPPING MATES AND USING SKILLS ROOTING YOU TO GROUND
    Last edited by jooozek; Jul 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I will say as games a a whole PSP2( i )>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSO2.... where gameplay and character creation is the only thing PSO2 did "right" well right by the players...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

I'm gonna have to disagree there, the ability to use more than one PA at a time, Techs not being bound to weapons, so you can have a whole pallet of techs for certain areas, Perpetual melee comboes, and the ability to follow aerial enemies by jumping all make for a more satisfying experience to my eyes.

Also, sinking SP into Step or Dodge Roll Advance on the Hunter/Ranger trees makes it so you're invincible for the entire duration of the skill.

The Force dodge animation already has that feature.

Just Guards/Perfect Guards were also improved from PSP2, giving you a longer invincibility time after successfully blocking.

One thing I will admit that I liked about PSP2 (and I'm biased because I hate that game.) is the ability to mix and match your clothing options.

Shirt, Pants, Shoes.

that was nice.

but yeah, PSP2 in my opinion is immensely inferior to PSO2 in practically every way.
    Episode III for Life.

The main thing I don't like about PSO2 gameplay is being 'frozen' while

1. Starting any attack animation
    2. Especially while shooting rocket launchers
    3. Charging an attack
    4. After landing from a dive roll/mirage escape/whatever
    5. Basically anything that 'stops you' for a second.

But that's because I play FPS and TPS games a lot like Team Fortress 2 and Microvolts.

I also dislike 'aim spin nerfing' like with rocket launchers where your sensitivity is reduced so you can't spin in circles as fast. I MUST SPIN IN CIRCLES.

In the end you get used to it and its perfectly ok anyway.

Also uncharged spells costing as much PP as charged ones and uncharged spells seemingly never having a use at all aside from Anti and sometimes zondeel.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

and the ability to follow aerial enemies by jumping all make for a more satisfying experience to my eyes.
    Actually, this is one thing where I think the game really failed. It becomes incredibly obvious in Sanctum AQs where it's very annoying to deal with flying enemies. I've tried playing it with every class but nothing feels cohesive at all. Most attacks either cover a lot of horizontal space or vertical space, rarely one or the other and enemies don't tend to cluster enough for spherical moves to benefit enough. It's a real mess and shows that aerial combat outside of 1v1 (which still has its issues) is really bad.

Also uncharged spells costing as much PP as charged ones and uncharged spells seemingly never having a use at all aside from Anti and sometimes zondeel.
    Gifoie -> Uncharged Megiverse is great for tanking and TE's Resta Advance makes uncharged Resta almost wortwhile for quick heals but otherwise yeah. No idea why charging is a thing.

Well I use uncharge resta if my hp just happens to only have like 50 off the max.

That's about it.

Also I have no problem with aerial enemies, but that's as a force and aimboots ;p I haven't even tried hunter/ranger yet. Though, ranger sounds like it wouldn't be a problem either. As for hunter, it'll probably be the last class I start leveling up anyway. I like movement a lot.

And I haven't really been to sanctum yet ;o I stopped playing for half a year.

Also I like having jumping just as an aesthetic thing cause games without jumping at all are weird. And it's nice for dodging things in this game sometimes.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat