Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Should I Bother Trying This Game Again?

I played the japanese version of this a while ago when it first was accessible. Some people told me to try it again when they add more to the game.

I mainly played the old pso because i liked trading and collecting uber loot. it seems like this game wasnt meant for me. they took out telepipes, drops that anyone could snatch from others, the enemies and weapons from when i first played this were really disappointing.

for example, i leveled up to like level 15 and the entire time i was using a bazooka. no cool shot spreads, etc. i for some reason could not get my mag to level very efficiently. the enemies although looked and acted slightly differently werent interesting at all to me. no zipping around, flinching when hit, using lasers and cloning and other abilities, etc. the environments all looked the same to me just different textures.

just overall the lack of telepipes, trading, diversity in weapons, same old same old bosses kind of killed it for me. i couldnt find a reason to level i didnt see a light at the end of the tunnel worth shooting for.

... Telepipes have always been in the game... What are you talking about?

Anyway, if you have to ask, then no, you probably shouldn't bother trying again. Nothing has changed, there's nothing new, if you didn't enjoy it enough to stay before, you won't enjoy it enough to stay now. Don't expect it to get better, or suddenly become amazing.

Well there's definitely more of the same, but telepipes and snatchable loot? What, you'd prefer it if people could ninja your rares?

Trading is premium only, but shop passes are in the FUN scratch free of charge. Telepipes are in the NPC shops for cheap or as common drops.

The rest is as you've said, though.

Long answer: No
    Short answer: N

You just reached Lv15 ? And you dare saying the game lacks diversity ? OF COURSE ! Cool stuff is unlocked at higher Level for players who work hard, not to lazy ones like you. If you don't want to get your fingers out of you ass then don't try again indeed. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Sebangu View Post
    You just reached Lv15 ? And you dare saying the game lacks diversity ? OF COURSE ! Cool stuff is unlocked at higher Level for players who work hard, not to lazy ones like you. If you don't want to get your fingers out of you ass then don't try again indeed. =/
    I reached level 40 and I'm saying it. The game lacks diversity, The thing is. I can stand the game the way it is long enough to play every once in awhile. Not everyone can though, and there's nothing wrong with that. He's not being lazy for thinking "You know what, this is bullshit" at the fact that past level 24, you're basically doing the same stuff over and over but with higher numbers.

To paraphrase something "It's about how fun it is, and for how long." This varies from person to person, but I see a LOT of people here try and force themselves to play when they've already worn out the fun instead of taking breaks. Or people who outright hate the game and keep coming back to complain about how bad the game is instead of just moving on or trying to suggest any ways to make it better. I don't want any more of that.

If you don't like the game, please, don't force yourself to play in the hopes that it will get better...

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Well there's definitely more of the same, but telepipes and snatchable loot? What, you'd prefer it if people could ninja your rares?
    why is that a big deal? that was literally the only challenge between players besides showing off that you had better gear than your teammates to make them jealous and hate you. besides that the game is not challenging at all. if you die you just go back to the chuckie cheese counter and buy another ticket. its a real shiiiit hole if you ask me. id rather you dropped your gear when you died like the original.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFriday View Post
    why is that a big deal? that was literally the only challenge between players besides showing off that you had better gear than your teammates to make them jealous and hate you. besides that the game is not challenging at all. if you die you just go back to the chuckie cheese counter and buy another ticket. its a real shiiiit hole if you ask me. id rather you dropped your gear when you died like the original.
    so the answer is NO

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFriday View Post
    Yeah, no. That never happened in the original unless you were playing battle mode in the arena.

I agree that the game is fairly easy as it is recycling everything from the start to finish. Anyway, the game was the same then and is the same now, so you may not want to bother with it again.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I was going to say something about target audiences then something clicked. Their intended target audience, based on all the nostalgia they try and throw at us, is fans of the original PSO...

Yet those are the people who hate on the game the hardest... talk about irony...