Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How fury combo up work hunter?

Hi everone .i was wondering how do Fury combo up in Hunter skill tree work? like if i do five deadly archer Pa's in a row does it increase the % of my damage( does it count as a combo?) or its work with just normal standar attack? ty for ur answer im looking forward to it

The skill's name is misleading, all it does it increase your damage by 20% while youre in fury stance.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

More specifically, it increases your just attack damage when in fury stance. It's a poorly named JA Bonus with a better bonus that only works in fury stance.

Also is Fury Critical worth it ? i'm testing it atm and the crit damage is not much of a difference tbh..i do like 840 average damage with deadly archer and crit for like average 860 so im already starting to think i wasted point in that.. and again thx for quick answer
    Last edited by Shad0owdruid; Jul 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Critical hits aren't worth investing in at the moment. The damage only hits at the top of your range, rather than giving you a damage bonus. That said, plenty of builds will want to spec into it just for fury stance up 2, but you'll want to hold off on that for last.

Crits are just your max damage range. There's no damage bonus like in previous titles, if you can deal 860-800 damage a crit will just be a forced hit for 860 damage. You can also deal 860 damage as a non-crit, just happening to roll a hit for your max possible damage. This is good on high ATK, low dex builds, but not really any good compared to things like JA Bonus which will always work if you use just attacks (which you should anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    The skill's name is misleading, all it does it increase your damage by 20% while youre in fury stance.
    Not exactly, at lower levels you need to do 2-3 JAs in a row to get the full bonus, multipliers increasing with consecutive JAs. But at level 10 you get the full bonus with just one JA, so it works the same way as JA bonus if you max it out.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Crits are just your max damage range. There's no damage bonus like in previous titles, if you can deal 860-800 damage a crit will just be a forced hit for 860 damage. You can also deal 860 damage as a non-crit, just happening to roll a hit for your max possible damage. This is good on high ATK, low dex builds, but not really any good compared to things like JA Bonus which will always work if you use just attacks (which you should anyway).
    That's so lame how critical hits don't go as far anymore. In old games they give double damage, then in certain MMOs give only some crap like 1.25x damage -_- there's even stats to raise crit damage when it should be baseline to have it high.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    That's so lame how critical hits don't go as far anymore. In old games they give double damage, then in certain MMOs give only some crap like 1.25x damage -_- there's even stats to raise crit damage when it should be baseline to have it high.
    In Mabinogi you can get 2.5x crit damage. 8D

I don't see why PSO2 has no multiplier for crits though. Like, I would at least expect a SKILL for it, but no, there's not even that, just more critrate stuff. They likely did it because of the focus on hitting specific parts of enemies but still...

Yeah, I'd expect a skill on a class SOMEWHERE to get a +x% crit damage bonus, but nope. It's all +x% crit rate bonuses.

Interestingly, most crit rate skills seem to add, not multiply, but I didn't do nearly enough crit tests to confirm (Zenobia and another bud helped me out with a few thousand strikes, all noted, and the rate pretty closely hugged the rates you'd expect from fury & brave crit being added, then shifta crit being multiplied - but a few thousand isn't conclusive for a calculated rate that is only four digits anyway).