Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A PSO2 Item Translator

I was bored when the servers went offline so I decided to make this. Before anyone gets their hopes up, no, this isn't an item translation patch (I wish it were, but I don't have the time to take on the project proper - all this does is check your clipboard for copied Japanese words).

I hacked it together in an hour or two, it's convenient but bad. Suggestions are welcome but I can't guarantee I'll be spending much time improving it. Definitely let me know of obviously broken things though.

Download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lffigaibzw...Translator.zip
    Example Screenshot (yes, it looks that terrible):
    Spoiler!

How It Works
    Whenever you copy the name of an item, the program looks up the translation on Google or Cirnopedia and displays it - you can click on it to bring you directly to the right Cirnopedia page in your web browser. The main drawback is that you need to keep the translator on a second monitor or alt-tab out of PSO to see it (you might want to turn on borderless fullscreen mode to make it quick). After using it a few times it should respond much quicker, since it keeps the Cirnopedia site cached.

For those that don't know, in-game you can select/hover an item in your inventory, storage, shops, etc. and hit Ctrl+C to copy it (you might have to click a few times to get rid of the item menu first), so it shouldn't be too hard to use. You can also use this to translate any copyable in-game messages, since it uses Google Translate as a backup if Cirnopedia fails.

Requirements
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later.

Source
    If anyone wants to see just how bad it is or maybe make it less bad, here you go.

Thanks
    Whoever's behind Cirnopedia, you are awesome. Also... why Cirno?
    Last edited by arcnmx; Jul 31, 2013 at 02:03 AM.
    Ship: 2 :: Player ID: arcn

Darn, here I was thinking that you had solved the problem that had been perplexing us for weeks.

This is definitely a cool add-on though, I'll give it a shot for sure, it'll be nice having something this convenient.

This is going to be pretty useful for a lot of people. Now the only bottleneck is Lord Phrozen who runs Cirnopedia (though he's usually pretty good about updating so it's not really that big of a bottleneck).

That's actually cool. Hope people put it to use.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

I'm also curious as to why Cirno.

I'll probably give it a try and see if I like it. xD
    Lost my original PSO character (memory file corrupted appearantly) so I'm sad. T_T

Yay, server's up so I can actually see that it works now. Just realised it was only translating the first line of messages, fixed now.
    EDIT: And it wasn't translating certain items randomly, also fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    Darn, here I was thinking that you had solved the problem that had been perplexing us for weeks.
    Yup, if only I had the free time to work on that. Really needs to be done
    Last edited by arcnmx; Jul 31, 2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Ship: 2 :: Player ID: arcn

Quote Originally Posted by arcnmx View Post
    Whoever's behind Cirnopedia, you are awesome. Also... why Cirno?
    Quote Originally Posted by Light dragon View Post
    I'm also curious as to why Cirno.
    Back when the site was just a single google spreadsheet, I made a tiny poll about who the mascot of the site will be. Cirno won with a landslide victory.

The choices were:
    Spoiler!

why not just do 9. Cirno?
    Lost my original PSO character (memory file corrupted appearantly) so I'm sad. T_T

it shoulda been ⑨. Cirno

Also the answer to why Cirno?
    She's teh genius of Gensokyo.
    Nevermind Patchy

Anyway, this does seem like the best solution so far for items...
    Now if only you could copy item names before ya picked em up...
    The problem never ends.

Teh strongest database.

I remember one person I know shunning Cirnopedia because HURR IT USED A TOUHOU CHARACTER AS A MASCOT THEREFORE IT'S BAD and used some shitty database, instead. I don't think they play, anymore. :T

I'll take a look at this, myself. Looks fairly interesting. You should also supply pictures for the items, too.
    Ship 02