Thread: Hit Percentage

Default Hit Percentage

What determines how good a weapon's hit percent is? I keep seeing guides that say various methods are good and bad for hit percent.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that there might already be a thread about this. Sorry if this has been answered here before.
    Emerging from the depths after ten years of lurking.

You know how weapons have varying bonuses to native, altered beasts, machines, and dark enemies? There's a small chance that a weapon will have a fifth bonus that only displays when it actually has it, which would be for hit. The hit bonus adds a static amount of ata to the weapon, despite indicating a percentage in the window. If it says 15% hit it just adds +15 ata.

This is very useful on some weapons and recommended on all weapons that you happen to find it on - especially if you plan to use the special. If you're going for a weapon with a special, a nice amount of hit on a low level special weapon will supercede a weapon with a better special but 0 hit. One example is a very useful sidearm for hucasts - a health stealing handgun. If you can get any kind of handgun with 45 hit and even the worst health stealing special it will vastly outperform a 0 hit gush handgun, simply because it hits so much more often.

Then there's just standard variance of base ata between different weapons. One weapon will have high atp but low ata, another will have decent atp and moderate ata. You'll find the hardest hitting weapons will tend to have low base ata, so if you can get any amount of hit on them it can be invaluable. A hit Musashi is a great weapon for lowbies, for instance.

I know how hit percent works. I'm wondering more on what determines how much you get, because some guides tell you that some methods are better than others for getting good hit percents. Sorry if my post wasn't clear.

Methods? Sounds like a bunch of rumors, to the best of my knowledge there's no way to influence getting hit besides playing a yellowboze in episode 2 (which does have a boosted rate for finding hit %).

If you're playing on a private server then the numbers may differ, but here is a guide that you might find interesting:

Additional Weapon Photon % Rate Pattern

Also for Yellowboze chars in Ep. 2, the chance of finding a weapon with Hit % is 3%, instead of 1% like the rest of the IDs.
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Aug 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Dunno if this helps but I tend to find higher percents in the harder levels such as Ruins or Seabed. If you are looking for high hit non-rare weapons, those are the best places to search.

Good to know. Another question: What's the highest a hit percent can be after tekking? I assume it would be 90% before tekking and up to 100% after? Of course I imagine the odds are astronomically rare. All of the other percents (of which there would be at most two) can get to 100% via Gallon's Shop, so I'm not worried about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Balter View Post
    Good to know. Another question: What's the highest a hit percent can be after tekking? I assume it would be 90% before tekking and up to 100% after? Of course I imagine the odds are astronomically rare. All of the other percents (of which there would be at most two) can get to 100% via Gallon's Shop, so I'm not worried about those.
    That is correct. Untekked 90% which can be tekked to 100%