Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Hogging Enemies Considered Rude (and other Gaming Ettiquette)?

When I play, I try to kill enemies as fast as humanly possible since less enemies means less stuff that can potentially kill you (and other players in your party or in MPA's in general). But doing so leads me to "hog-up" a lot of enemies in the process from other players (as in they're trying to kill a certain enemy but then I just butt in and kill it). Is this considered bad gaming etiquette or is it merely helping? Or maybe, in gaming, its kind of like a "first come first serve" basis: whoever kills first, kills first, therefore too bad for everyone else.

I suppose other poor gaming etiquette would be:

1) Not Healing the party if one's a Force.
    2) Being too reckless and dying too much.
    3) Not using Weak Bullet (I guess...).
    4) Spamming symbol arts.
    5) Not resurrecting other players.

...and others.... which I can't think of at the moment.

Unlike PSO, there's no need to tag an enemy for EXP, so I'm pretty sure killing enemies faster is better etiquette than not.

It's only considered rude if you kill the mobs when other people are still far away that they end up not getting drops/exp. Other than that, I don't think people really care that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post

I lol'd.

When I play, I try to kill enemies as fast as humanly possible since less enemies means less stuff that can potentially kill you (and other players in your party or in MPA's in general). But doing so leads me to "hog-up" a lot of enemies in the process from other players (as in they're trying to kill a certain enemy but then I just butt in and kill it). Is this considered bad gaming etiquette or is it merely helping? Or maybe, in gaming, its kind of like a "first come first serve" basis: whoever kills first, kills first, therefore too bad for everyone else.
    I wouldn't call it bad etiquette since everyone gets drops and exp even if they didn't kill it but it can be annoying as a melee class. It's kinda hard to tell who's fighting what most of the time in big MPAs though.

Most people end up using mates, I only really see people casting resta during or right after boss fights in MPAs.

That's not really bad etiquette, just a sign that the player isn't playing very well or is under geared. I don't usually mind if someone is dying a lot.

Oh god. If you have it use it. And just about every ranger has it, but if people hassle someone for not using it all the time then whatever, they'll live.

4) Spamming symbol arts.
    This is annoying to me if it has no context or the symbol arts are used as Auto Words for mundane things like emergency codes and being revived.

This is situational. Sometimes people might not even see you if you don't say anything and ended up dying a bit too far from the main group (like I do in falz a lot), people also run out of moons etc, I tend to not blame people for not ressing me. I DID meet one guy who said he wouldn't res gunners who don't use weak bullet though but that's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    Unlike PSO, there's no need to tag an enemy for EXP, so I'm pretty sure killing enemies faster is better etiquette than not.
    Until people start getting accused of leaching because they aren't one/two shotting things from across the map like rangers/forces do.

Bad etiquette eh? I can think of 2....

1. Leave the party without any reason, when fighting boss. Not being dc'ed, just leave like that. This is BS.

2. Spamming inappropriate SA, such as nude pic

btw
    Dying is unpredictable, so all we can do is do our best to avoid death.

And WB have cooldown too, so don't expect Rangers to always use it all the time
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

I think not using WB only apply for boss MPA like big vardha or Falz battle, free exploration boss tend to dies real quick anyway.

And spamming cut-ins are as annoying as spamming SA.

United Arks Defender NintenJon25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Bad etiquette eh? I can think of 2....

1. Leave the party without any reason, when fighting boss. Not being dc'ed, just leave like that. This is BS.

2. Spamming inappropriate SA, such as nude pic

btw
    Dying is unpredictable, so all we can do is do our best to avoid death.

And WB have cooldown too, so don't expect Rangers to always use it all the time
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets peeved by that too... :\

I used to go on Block 20 for Ship 2, but the amount of people spamming SAs in general makes it just WAAAY too clustered all over the screen. It gives me a headache just thinking about it.

A lobby is supposed to be a place to relax and chat with people, and those things just totally kill the atmosphere. I'm not ratting on SAs, mind you, just the people who spam them.

I have no problem with Autowords if they're done right (not using spam, once again, and using just plain old text accompanied with portraits of your character from time-to-time). However, having a portrait or sa assigned to an Autoword as well as any type of loud sound is annoying as all living hell. I would NOT want to be in a party with someone (or 2-to-3 people) that do that. >:/
    Phantasy Star Online 2 --- Player ID: NintenJon25
    Odin (Hunter)

4) Spamming symbol arts.

...and others.... which I can't think of at the moment.
    1) As a force, I try to not let my own party's HP stay under 50% for too long. More healing = less reviving.
    2) Dying too much could be a problem with the gear you use, or your gameplay.
    3) Usually one ranger is designated for weakbullet against bosses, but in MPA multiple people might be trying to WB which is a waste of time but uncontrollable anyway
    4) Don't care about symbol arts, but god are cut-ins a useless feature
    5) Just don't resurrect bad players during Falz ;p ;p ;p

The worst etiquette you can have is to use cut-ins (/ci#) at any time.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    1) As a force, I try to not let my own party's HP stay under 50% for too long. More healing = less reviving.
    2) Dying too much could be a problem with the gear you use, or your gameplay.
    3) Usually one ranger is designated for weakbullet against bosses, but in MPA multiple people might be trying to WB which is a waste of time but uncontrollable anyway
    4) Don't care about symbol arts, but god are cut-ins a useless feature
    5) Just don't resurrect bad players during Falz ;p ;p ;p

The worst etiquette you can have is to use cut-ins (/ci#) at any time.
    How about when you're charging up a heal and the party just run off?

I read this as "is hugging enemies considered rude", and my answer to that would have to be yes. You traitorous, Darker-hugging scum. :l

Of your list, 4 is the worst. Game's too casual-friendly to worry about much else.