Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    I suppose other poor gaming etiquette would be:

1) Not Healing the party if one's a Force.
    2) Being too reckless and dying too much.
    3) Not using Weak Bullet (I guess...).
    4) Spamming symbol arts.
    5) Not resurrecting other players.

...and others.... which I can't think of at the moment.
    1. I used to run after people to heal them but since you slow down when casting I stopped that. If I'm ahead I'll time it so they run through it.

2. There are a few situations that may look reckless but does anybody actually try to die on purpose?

3. I use it on bosses or really hard enemies. If you use it on everything you won't have it when you really need it because of the cool-down.

4. I only use symbol art for 2 things. 1. When I die so people can see it and rez me. You can't complain about not being rezzed if you use some snappy one liner in autoword or nothing at all because not everybody uses the HP bar option 2. When I find a rare.

5. People may not have seen you fall which is why I use a big ass symbol art letting them know. I also learned using autoword sentences don't work as well as symbol art. Like I mentioned in #4 not everybody uses the HP display option. So if they aren't in your party, not using the HP display option and you don't use symbol art telling them you're down then your chances of not being rezzed is high.

I have a teammate that has autowords (In Japanese and English) and symbol art on everything and that annoys the hell out of me.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Do feel free to refresh weak bullet on weak points, by the way. If you know it's been a while pop a new bullet on the same spot, especially if you've got a braver around doing katana combat. Not much is more irritating than reaching max KC count and using combat finish just to have weak bullet expire during the finish animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post

1) Not Healing the party if one's a Force.
    2) Being too reckless and dying too much.
    3) Not using Weak Bullet (I guess...).
    4) Spamming symbol arts.
    5) Not resurrecting other players.

...and others.... which I can't think of at the moment.
    1. Most people use mates but a heal would be nice.
    2. This. Its irritating when I'm playing Hard (40+) and a lvl 20 is constantly getting killed because they get WAY too close to mobs or bosses. I end up running out of moons and can't revive a player who actually needs it.
    3. I really only see this as in issue on Falz runs.
    4. This is rare but yes. People need to stop applying SA to ECodes lol
    5. Very Hard Falz runs are the only place where its understandable to miss dead players. People are too busy fighting to notice. I usually have to use an SA and a text bubble to get someone's attention lol

Quote Originally Posted by musicmf View Post
    It's funny, I main FO so normally I'm the one bombing everything without letting the HU classes get close. I feel kinda bad that I'm not letting them get much action, and they just get to cleanup what the range classes leave behind.
    A bit recently I've been messing around with HU or BR, and in emergency-quest multi-parties, I'm now the one who can barely lay a finger on the enemies because of the FOs in the party. So I feel bad in a different way, because it's almost like I'm leeching.

In the end, I'm sure it doesn't really matter if one person hogs all of the kills , since exp/drops benefit everyone. So I'll just resume blasting away things whenever I'm using FO.

Since people are maximizing exp and drops, generally you want to;
    - Don't kill things when people are offscreen, since they don't get exp/drops.
    - Don't brind NPCs to multiparty areas, since they don't add to spawnrate.
    - Stick together, so the spawn is better. (You also kill faster)
    - If people want to Exit/Entrance burst, go to the appropriate location with them. To maximize spawn.
    - If there's a rare boss code, call it out to the multiparty so people can come to get credit/drops.
    - Wait for people to arrive to break boss crystals, especially from rare bosses (Hi Haze). Also maybe a bit of time for people to switch to lucky rise equipment.
    - Res people, unless they die a ridiculous amount of times, and you're trying to spread out your Moon usage throughout the quest. People need to be alive to get exp or loot, and sometimes S-Rank for a Client Order.
    - Don't override Weak Points. Slows down the kill, so it takes longer to move on to more things.

Those are the general things I think about for an efficient, and respectful run.

-----

By the way, I see lots of people mentioning Cut-ins being bad etiquette... (especially if auto-worded)
    Is this just a personal feeling? Or is this also felt by the majority (see, Japanese) of the PSO2 players?

I mean, I don't use them because I don't like overly drawing attention to myself, but I never found fault with players using them.
    I think it (or /toge) draw some pretty nice attention for some people calling out an Emergency Trial in a multiparty.
    (Usually there are only 0~3 people who would autoword a cut-in for an E-trial, but I guess if there were all 12 members of a multiparty doing one... it would be a bit jarring)

Or, do you guys simply mean over-using cut-ins? Like having them for screaming attack names while you battle, or for using hurt-sounds when your character gets hit? Cause I can see those being obnoxious, although I've never ran into anyone like that before.
    The people that you pt/mpa with that play HU or FI etc probably just auto-run. It's normally FO who get to the monsters last in most cases.

I also do not like seeing nearby chat spam unless its EC related.

The only time to /toge nearby is.. if there is something odd or in question of. For example: waiting for umbra.. can spark conversation while waiting on that
    Last edited by ~Aya~; Aug 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM.

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Do feel free to refresh weak bullet on weak points, by the way. If you know it's been a while pop a new bullet on the same spot, especially if you've got a braver around doing katana combat. Not much is more irritating than reaching max KC count and using combat finish just to have weak bullet expire during the finish animation.
    Well KC lasts 20s and WB 15, so it's all on you to get the timing down.

But yeah, don't try to refresh a WB with your last shot... Always better to have a chance to fix a mistake, but missing your last shot on a new target is only a waste of one WB, not someone else's too.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Well KC lasts 20s and WB 15, so it's all on you to get the timing down.

But yeah, don't try to refresh a WB with your last shot... Always better to have a chance to fix a mistake, but missing your last shot on a new target is only a waste of one WB, not someone else's too.
    Yes and no. It's not like you can activate KC 5 seconds before someone applies weak bullet in your average MPA scenario, because you won't even know something is showing up to activate it for and the ranger is, of course, going to apply WB as soon as possible.

And for falz arms? Unless you intentionally activate it before taking the tele, good luck with that.

Hence refreshing it being good for an unspoken act of teamwork.