Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast

I believe in you.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Your belief was not well founded :|

I read a little of stukasa's stuff, and got an itch to write a little. It's not a continuation of my current story or anything. I've always wanted to write for Levia, and have never gotten the chance. So, may as well, right?

I had a bit more planned, but it was already almost getting to proper chapter length.

Spoiler!

It happens, and its a start. A smile though, that's new.

Huh, I guess it is. This takes place long after where my story is supposed to be, so she's done some maturing. It's probably not something I could do in my next chapter.

I miss Levia's adventures! Stop getting distracted and get back to writing!

Spoiler!

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

The reason came first, actually. I suppose I can go over the rest, since I'm not planning on going any further. Or maybe I am, and saying this will screw over any surprise. Iunno. I kinda wanna do an alien world or action scene next.
    Asking for a room was just a cover to get closer to the woman. The whole thing I wanted to portray was performing a cruel deed - erm, murder - with kindness and respect. I wanted to go over minimizing pain and fear through clever ruses or tricks, while maximizing the amount of joy she feels in her last moments.
    But all of that got too heavy for the amount of work I wanted to put into this. Why would I want to kill her, why is killing her the best option, why kill her now. If I wanted to plan all that out, I'd just work on my next chapter. I got so far as making her the catalyst of a horrible movement, but then why kill her instead of try to convince her to change, or prevent the future steps needed to get to that movement?
    I may as well just work on making it easier for me to put thought to text.

I prefer to keep my stories vague, but for some reason this time around I had a certain look in mind. I'm sure I had a reason. But either way, the detail was fun in this case.

Whoa, that was a lot darker than I expected. xD It puts a whole different spin on what I read. I assume Levia had a good reason to do that, since I don't think you'd take her down the "cold-blooded killer" path.

Also, I wanted to reply to your comment from my story thread here, to keep all the Levia talk in one place. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim
    I don't know! I couldn't come up with anything good enough!
    So you knew you were one chapter from the end, but you didn't know how to end it? Surely you had some idea in mind, right? Since I'm assuming Levia's journey isn't over, maybe a look back while at the same time looking forward? Something to tie together the journey, or to hint at where Levia will eventually end up?

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Philosophy fascinates me, and it's most easily talked about in life-or-death situations. I could talk about raising money or teaching classes about a subject, but it doesn't have the same immediate impact.

The idea was, this woman was somehow responsible for something terrible in the future. Perhaps she becomes a dictator, or starts an evil religion, or simply influences other people to start doing bad things. So, that needs to be stopped. But more interesting to me would be how she handles the situation. Despite needing her dead, she understands that her life has value. Timing would be important too, since killing too early would mean she gets less time to live and her family and friends less time to be with her. But too late, and whatever negative impact she has would seep out. And still, she finds value in providing a pleasant experience in her final moments. She would be kind and polite simply because it's a nice thing to do for someone.

But still, it was too heavy for me to get into for such a minor snippet. If you like, you can think of what happens next is Levia subtly changing the woman's mind and world view so that everybody is happy in the future, and no pain ever happens again.
    Yay!

I never wanted my story to end. I simply wanted to get to a point where I no longer needed to establish characters. Levia's lessons are all there, but I still need to put them all together and show how she will grow. Levia at the moment has a no-nonsense mindset, and goes straight for the objective without needing to worry about anything else. Levia in the future is much more subtle, putting a lot of thought and effort into each action she does without anyone noticing. Current Levia will smack down a building to take what she needs, while future Levia would borrow it and return it before anyone notices it's gone. And while current Levia saves the world, future Levia makes the world a better place.
    I don't know how to show all that. I might even need to make a new miniseries to show it. But nothing comes to mind.

So... random conservatively-dressed woman is future space Hitler? ...I don't buy it. (Kidding~ )

You say you never wanted your story to end. But you also said you only have one chapter left to write. Are you saying it would only take one more chapter to reach the point where you don't need to establish characters? Or were you referring to something else?

As far as a mini-series goes, you could always do it like my original story, which was episodic in nature with time gaps between each episode. You've pretty much been using that format anyway. Maybe just add in some common threads linking the different parts. A long-term goal to be accomplished, a villain to be defeated, a lesson (or lessons) to be learned, stuff like that. Things that will ultimately push Levia in the direction she's destined to go. If you're fishing for ideas (pun intended), try looking back at your earlier work. Maybe there's something with potential there. You know, bringing the story full circle while also pushing it forward.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Yeah, I just need one more to finish the "story", and then the rest is just whatever I want. I always envisioned this as kind of a Dr. Who type deal, where I just go to random worlds and have an adventure. But I also didn't want to just say "HEY HERE'S THIS FISH" and be done with it. There are a few subtleties of the world that I wanted to explore before getting to where I wanted.

Hm...that makes sense. I always used the mini-series style before. I think I blocked myself into a corner because technically, this last chapter is the end of a mini-series. But there's nothing say that it can't be its own mini-series too.
    Especially after a, what, two year break?

I thought about splitting it up into 3 chapters, but no matter what I did I couldn't shake the feeling that what I had was just bad and not worth going into. That I needed more. Maybe I can split it up more and take each point one by one...