Default PSO2 Intro music

I really like PSO2 so far, been playing for about a week now. It feels like a mix of PSO and PSU, which in my opinion is great. But the one thing I feel like it lacks is a catchy intro song. I am way to used to the intro music from PSU and the portable games now. I was actually sort of disappointed when I started up PSO2 and it didn't have a intro song in that style. I mean, it's not important and doesn't ruin the game at all, but I still hum Ignite infinity and Save this world sometimes. The intro video on PC is awesome though.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I really like PSO2 so far, been playing for about a week now. It feels like a mix of PSO and PSU, which in my opinion is great. But the one thing I feel like it lacks is a catchy intro song. I am way to used to the intro music from PSU and the portable games now. I was actually sort of disappointed when I started up PSO2 and it didn't have a intro song in that style. I mean, it's not important and doesn't ruin the game at all, but I still hum Ignite infinity and Save this world sometimes. The intro video on PC is awesome though.
    While it's not the intro music, PSO2 does have a song somewhat like PSU and the Portable series.

Song in a style similar to the Universe/Portable series intro themes:

And song that is used in the story credits:

Last edited by Ezodagrom; Aug 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

United Arks Defender NintenJon25's Avatar

I love the title screen song, but it's nowhere near as deep and beautifully arranged as Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II's music was for the title screen. Edit: However, I should note the PSO2 title music is the way it is for a reason. I do believe it is dynamic in which the music changes seamlessly depending on the screen you are viewing. Its upbeat and faster driven nature of the menus really make PSO2 stand out from its original while still keeping that same nostalgic flair we've all come to love.

A Whole New World is featured in both versions, but I still prefer the original.

As for the opening cinematics for the PC version as well as the Vita's opening cinematic (which you can see by waiting a while at the title screen), they're totally kick-ass compared to PSO's.

I do prefer the rest of PSO2's music soundtrack, though.

PSO's Cave would bore me to death with its soundtrack, but PSO2's version of the Volcanic Cave level is freaking intense with that music playing in the background! ^_^
    Last edited by NintenJon25; Aug 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    While it's not the intro music, PSO2 does have a song somewhat like PSU and the Portable series.
    Oh wow never heard those before, they're pretty nice. I do like the english openings for the other ones, but this is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by NintenJon25 View Post
    A Whole New World is featured in both versions, but I still prefer the original.
    I have to agree with that. The original "A Whole New World" is still one of my favorites.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine