Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    So it use to be a waste of time?
    It always "was"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

I would gladly do DD anyday over a TA if the chance arises.

Mainly for the higher lv PA discs from rare bosses and photon drops, plus, its alot of fun. Perhaps one of the more challenging maps in the game.
    ”If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.“

Photon Spheres are like 80,000 meseta right now (give or take), Darker's Den drops 4-5 when you go with a random group.

Seems worth it to me, considering it takes maybe 10~15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Aya~ View Post
    It always "was"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I only find DD a waste of time when I'm in a rush or EQ I want to do is on or whatever the hell reason I don't want to do it for at the time being.

Proper restatement for Aya's post: "It's just a waste of time and still is." sounds any better without the confusion of was and is?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Photon Spheres are like 80,000 meseta right now (give or take), Darker's Den drops 4-5 when you go with a random group.

Yea it is worth it IMO if you have to time to deal with DD, plus you may never know what may drop
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Aug 15, 2013 at 08:06 PM.

I only find DD a waste of time when I'm in a rush or EQ I want to do is on or whatever the hell reason I don't want to do it for at the time being.

Proper restatement for Aya's post: "It's just a waste of time and still is." sounds any better without the confusion of was and is?

Thank you very much. But that is only my opinion. 8D....

Quote Originally Posted by ~Aya~ View Post
    Thank you very much. But that is only my opinion. 8D....
    I totally agree with your opinion though. There are times where you just don't want to do DD and just get with those TACOs done and then there are times where you want it and DD just doesn't show for months.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I do wish that there was a CO for the DD that gives for like 500k for completing it.

And before you say "But the Spheres you get can get you that money!" not everyone has a shop plus not everyone sells those spheres.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

I totally agree with your opinion though. There are times where you just don't want to do DD and just get with those TACOs done and then there are times where you want it and DD just doesn't show for months.

I am defeated.

However, the last time I did try to get all of the TA's done before maintenance. (40 mins till maintenance at this point and duo TA). We happen to get DD on the very first TA. What luck!!

I will get you in the next season of this animu.
    Last edited by ~Aya~; Aug 15, 2013 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post

Couldn't help but agree with this.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

My theory is, remember when they said it would only abduct the most elite of ARKS?
    I suspect that you are required to be within a small top percentage of players with the quickest TA times to qualify for abduction.
    It likely separates the TA times based on number of party members (and TA area, of course).
    That'd explain why it happens to solo much more often, because there probably aren't as many people with crazy solo times.
    I think abduction used to happen more often for larger groups because not many people were blazing through TAs back then.
    It's probably safe to say that most people do TAs in a full group, which means it's that much harder to fall within that small percentage of top players.
    The top times also explains why you never see clones in crappy gear. They are always decked out, because good gear is required to achieve good times.

For example, if the top 15% of 4-person groups consistently complete TAs within 3 minutes, and your 4-person group's average is longer than 3 minutes, you will never get abducted.
    Similarly, if your group's average time is within 3 minutes, but you are within the top 16% instead of 15%, you will also never get abducted.
    On the other hand, if the top 15% of players soloing TA have an average completion time of within 12 minutes, and your average is 11 minutes, then you have a chance to get abducted.
    In other words, the faster that more top players complete TA, the less chance the rest of us will ever see abduction.
    Especially moreso with people spamming multiple dashes and switching weapons, which I'm sure was much less common before.

It's also possible that number of S ranks isn't related to being within the top percentage of fastest times.
    As in, you could do many S ranks in a group while not meeting the required times to be abducted, and then start a solo TA and be abducted.
    But then, how would the game know what your solo TA time is if you haven't done it?
    Perhaps not completing a solo TA counts as an average time of 0.
    I think that's possible, knowing SEGA.

Alternatively, it could be a set number of players instead of a percentage.
    If there are only 9000 people doing solo TA and the limit is 10000 players, then you could still get abducted, even if you haven't even completed a solo TA.
    That might also explain why it's rarer now, because more people are doing TA now than before.

Just a theory, anyway.

I want to update my clones, but haven't been abducted for over 6 months. Tried many times, too. Always S rank TA.
    I probably haven't been abducted because I essentially duo it, but with 2 of my alts idling in the ship.
    That counts as 4, but our times are only as fast as duos.
    I suppose I could just leave the alts out, but that'd be a waste of TACO money.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM.