Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Somehow I never noticed this thread until recently, so I waited until I had a chance to read it and finally got caught up on your story. Even though the grammar isn't always perfect, I think you did a good job with it. I never had any trouble understanding what you were trying to say.

Your two biggest strengths (in my opinion) are your ability to write "military jargon" like descriptions of weapons and combat maneuvers, and being able to give personality to your characters. It was fun to read the interactions between MultiCore and the other people in the story.

I have a couple questions for you! First, do you have a full-body picture of MultiCore? You spent a lot of time describing him, but the character portrait in the first post only shows his head, so I was wondering if I could see what the rest of him actually looks like. And second, are the other characters (Karyuu, Alt, and Zein) your friends in-game? I know they can't be from the character creator since they're all wearing non-standard clothing and/or accessories. Also, if you have a picture of Moriah, I'd like to see her too.

I understand if you're busy and don't have time to update often, but I'm definitely interested to read it whenever you post again!

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

This is getting pretty intense, really enjoying it
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Intro Chapter 2

Spoiler!

So I'm trying to slowly pick up writing again so it isn't much, but I present you (insert drum noise) The intro for the second chapter~

@stukasa. If you happen to spot the same grammar faults repeatedly, please point them out, I'm always ready to improve my English, that's why I write to train it and set let my fantasy loose (~'w')~

And to answer your questions:
    1. Sure I can place a full-body picture.
    2. Yeap, they got me to play this game. I'm not limited to the basic character creator though, I can create almost all race/gender except for the newman race with any costume I want. (As long as I've the money to buy it >.>)
    Last edited by Sacrificial; Jan 31, 2014 at 08:34 PM.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I have some criticism to offer as well.

When you start a chapter, you should paint the scene for the reader. Don't just dump them in the middle of an event and assume they know what's going on. Slowly ease them into it, make sure they know where they are, then introduce them to the action. Even if you painted the scene in a previous chapter, assume they've completely forgotten what has happened between then and now.

And another thing is, you should find some way to organize your chapters to make them easy for the reader to find. I'm a chapter or two behind on reading your story, and I can't find where I left off. A title, or a short summery, or something of the like. Basically ask yourself "If I haven't read my story in months, what could I look for to reintroduce myself to it?"

It looks like you're enjoying writing, and always glad to have artists on this forum. Would you like me to critique you as I catch up? I may not be able to find anything useful, but I'm sure you'd like to improve your writing style.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post

And another thing is, you should find some way to organize your chapters to make them easy for the reader to find.
    I assume you mean what ive named "parts" I have been thinking of that, then again i had it in mind as one continious story so have no idea how to give these "sub-titles" The dragons assault or the last stand stuff like that feels kinda weird.

Thanks for posting more screenshots, that gives me a better idea of the characters. I'm guessing Bron is Moriah's Support Partner in the game? Just a hunch.

I like how MultiCore's radar provides the quickest route available, he's like a walking GPS/Google Maps. xD

His friends are pretty brutal with the constant weight jokes, which I find funny because he can't exactly do anything about it!

Spoiler!

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

I've had a new set of chapters ready for a while, but for the same amount of time I have been unsatisfied with what I wrote to "link"the 2nd arc's OP to the actual story. I have tried various ways of writing to satisfy myself, but none worked out imo. I am still not content with this link, but I have to fill in something in this gap or else I can't move on.

Chapter 2, Part 2 A new beginning

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

Chapter 2, part 3 Faulty logic?

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sacrificial; Apr 26, 2014 at 06:44 PM.

Spoiler!