Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down Missing Character Textures?

When i logged in.. (My first time) *I was very excited to play because I just registered a couple days ago and updated finished yesterday, I do not know why. The Character Textures are missing. I checked the files with the launcher and Still cannot see the characters, Including NPCs. I also attached a picture, that shows that I still see the Character Ability Info *i think* And then no character in the middle? It's making me sad and also kind of mad that after a long time installing and updating. The game doesn't behave correctly, Anyone know how to fix this problem? The missing textures for characters? (no picture for NPCs) but NPC characters are also somehow invisble AKA Still fighting and blasting but is a missing texture.

You are missing necessary files in your JP install. This usually happens when you end the installation process mid-way. To correct this issue, follow these steps to set yourself up with all of the files and essentials that you need:

1. Download Tweaker: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248
    2. When finished with that download, go into the Orb Menu and select your PSO2 win32 folder.
    3. Go into the Orb Menu again and click on Check for PSO2 Updates (if Tweaker didn't already prompt you to update and find your win32 folder from the get-go).
    4. Select No. Wait for the updates to finish installing.
    5. After the install, go back into the Orb Menu > Install/Update Patches > English Patch/English Large Files/English Story Patch (as needed) and enable the 'Translate Items' option if not done already.
    6. Launch PSO2.

Thumbs down Why do i need Translation?

I'm sure i will get the hang of it, I'm trying to fix the problem with the missing character texturesMr Korazenn

And also. I don't know how to use the tweaker. Can you show detailed steps?

Quote Originally Posted by wiriamukun74 View Post
    And also. I don't know how to use the tweaker. Can you show detailed steps?
    The thread I linked to you shows the detailed information about what Tweaker is and what it is used for. It's not only for translation—which is a common misconception—it is also another way to update and launch PSO2 JP.

If you follow the installation instructions on that thread you will be able to get setup with Tweaker and have it scan to make sure you have all vanilla JP files in your PSO2 win32 folder. If it finds any missing, it will restore those—hence why I linked it to you for download. Use it to restore the missing character models, then go back to the PSO2 JP launcher if you feel that you no longer want to use Tweaker.

However, for future maintenance updates that are performed regularly by SEGA JP once a week, it just makes your life much easier when it comes to updating PSO2 to do it through Tweaker. That's my personal recommendation, anyways.

Ok thanks. I will try to find how to download the remaining files that has not been downloaded. I was told and noticed that translating the game might result in a ban, in the game itself.

Ok thanks. I will try to find how to download the remaining files that has not been downloaded. I was told and noticed that translating the game might result in a ban, in the game itself.
    Fact: Translating the game is no riskier than playing the game from a foreign country.

I still can't get the missing textures to come back. I am really confused. What do i need to do specify the steps? I don't get how to update it on the Tweaker. And because of the possible ban, I need confirmed way of getting back the missing textures, I do not want to screw up and get banned for something i didn't want to do.

I still can't get the missing textures to come back. I am really confused. What do i need to do specify the steps? I don't get how to update it on the Tweaker. And because of the possible ban, I need confirmed way of getting back the missing textures, I do not want to screw up and get banned for something i didn't want to do.
    You have Tweaker installed, right? Is it reading ver. 2.5.3.5?

If so, proceed with Step 2-6:

• When finished with that download, go into the Orb Menu and select your PSO2 win32 folder.
    • Go into the Orb Menu again and click on Check for PSO2 Updates (if Tweaker didn't already prompt you to update and find your win32 folder from the get-go).
    • Select No. Wait for the updates to finish installing.
    • After the install, go back into the Orb Menu > Install/Update Patches > English Patch/English Large Files/English Story Patch (as needed) and enable the 'Translate Items' option if not done already.
    • Launch PSO2.

Ok press the orb. (i did) link it to the win32 folder, I did that already, And then check updates, It says Do you have the latest version?, I pressed NO. and then it starts checking the files. And should be done? Without the translations needed.